PDA

View Full Version : Is it dangerous to fight with a broken nose?

Brian Cohen
08-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Watching GG vs Randy made me wonder if it could be dangerous fighting on with a smashed nose - couldn't a shard of bone get pushed into the brain or eye or something?

KENO5366
08-26-2007, 06:19 PM
Not sure about the bone but yea it can be real dangerous fighting with a broke nose. It's hard to breath, you have blood going down your throat. So you have to breath with your mouth open. Which makes it dangerous because you can get Ko easier. I'm not sure of the long term affects.

ufobydeath
08-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Watching GG vs Randy made me wonder if it could be dangerous fighting on with a smashed nose - couldn't a shard of bone get pushed into the brain or eye or something?

The whole bone thing sounds like something from an action movie :p The only thing I know is that you can't really breathe so you'll be gassing :confusedsmilie:

2mcgrath
08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
dont know on that one.

Punk Ass
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
The only dangerous part is the fact that it makes breathing harder, the more it gets hit, the more reconstruction sergury will be needed, and it hurts like a bitch.

Not worth stopping a fight though, because it doesn't hinder your movement, or your ability to see. Boxers get their noses broke in damn near every fight.

Buryme
08-26-2007, 09:51 PM
your nose isn't a bone its cartialedge. plus yes it is possible to knock someone nose into your brain but you have to punch to a certain way and with enough strength

marekny144
08-27-2007, 04:56 AM
your nose isn't a bone its cartialedge. plus yes it is possible to knock someone nose into your brain but you have to punch to a certain way and with enough strength
Err, you must not have heard of the "nasal bone." The tip of the nose is cartilage, but the bridge is bone (grab the part of your nose where it joins the forehead with your thumb and pointing finger and squeeze; then do the same to the tip of your nose. Feel the difference?). Gabe's break was bad enough to make me think it'd be dangerous to continue fighting; since you'd be "somewhat" incapacitated with blood gushing out and down your throat, I'd think it'd be much easier to get seriously hurt.

Punk Ass
08-27-2007, 05:33 AM
plus yes it is possible to knock someone nose into your brain but you have to punch to a certain way and with enough strength

Lol, this is bullshit, and an impossiblity. It is a proven scientific fact that you cannot push a persons nose into his brain no matter how you hit it.

If you dissagree prove it, but I know you can't lol.

Slinky
08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
all i know is that if the bone of the nose gets pushed in the right direction and is hit with enough force the bon can actually hit the brain and can be fatal depending on how far the bone went in.

Punk Ass
08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
all i know is that if the bone of the nose gets pushed in the right direction and is hit with enough force the bon can actually hit the brain and can be fatal depending on how far the bone went in. how do you know if it's never happend? That's a fairy tale.

Never in history has someone killed someone by pushing their nose bone threw their brain.

Brian Cohen
08-27-2007, 08:02 PM
Never in history has someone killed someone by pushing their nose bone threw their brain.

It's happened plenty of times in history, and it a well known technique in TMA circles.

There is a more recent example of it here, recorded in 1991:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvIVe28-T_0

Slinky
08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
how do you know if it's never happend? That's a fairy tale.

My sister is a freaking nurse dude, i think i would know

Just because you don't here about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen

matto
08-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Lol, this is bullshit, and an impossiblity. It is a proven scientific fact that you cannot push a persons nose into his brain no matter how you hit it.

If you dissagree prove it, but I know you can't lol.

to anwser the question, breathing becomes way harder and it affects your cardio, not to mention ur nose bleeds like a fauset of blood.

and harlem, it has happened before. ever watch forensic files on court tv? one with a guy that killed somebody that exact way. with your palm. it is taught in martial arts self defence to protect your life. talk ur palm and hit the nose as hard as you can from the bottom up, dont just hit the nose.

bugsy n
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM

that can happen in any fight boken nose or not

Punk Ass
08-28-2007, 06:01 PM
This is the only tangible evidence I've found.

About picking your nose
Another picking peril: Let's say you ram your hand up your nose very, very hard. This could push the ethmoid bone into your brain. And that can cause death.

http://encarta.msn.com/column_questionnose/Can_you_die_from_picking_your_nose.html

I guess it is a possiblity, but I have heard somewhere it's not possible. If someone can find other facts (not movies) that would be good.