PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Babalu?

methodjg
08-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Babalu seems to be going postal these days. First, he was arrested in Florida about a month ago. And now he holds the choke on David Heath for an extra five seconds after tapping him out?

I am surprised the UFC even let him fight after his mishap in Florida. I thought the UFC had rules about letting criminals fight in their organization. If they dont have rules maybe they need to make some.

KENO5366
08-26-2007, 06:27 PM
I think chucked must have knocked something wrong with him. It's been trouble for Babalu ever since.

eazye76
08-26-2007, 07:23 PM
I was always a fan of Sobral's. Notice I said was.

Intellectual
08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
you guyz are acting like he killed a man.

many fighters have held on the submission and i've seen longer than that.

grow up guyz, they had some "beef", and they took care of it in the octagon.

neonatural45
08-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I think its kinda funny how he gets his career together and then gets his boo'd outta the building and gets fined 25 grand

eazye76
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
you guyz are acting like he killed a man.

many fighters have held on the submission and i've seen longer than that.

grow up guyz, they had some "beef", and they took care of it in the octagon.
it wasn't the choke, it was a combonation of things. I like Ricardo Arona who did the same thing once, but held it a lot longer.
Babaloo went on a big win streak, then put on a lame effort vs Chuck and TKO'd by Lambert, then gets arrested, and when he finally wins a fight he does this shit. The sportsmanship aspect doesn't bother me as much as wasting a spot on a PPV b/c I don't imagine we'll see him in the UFC again anytime soon. I just think it's a shame, he's a very entertaining fighter.

*EDIT* - it was a pretty shitty thing to do though.

2mcgrath
08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
ive always liked him and still will.i think we will see him in the ufc again,ive never seen him do that to people that respect him while fighting.sure ill admit it was wrong that he done it,but as you guys stated there have been other fighters do the same thing

neonatural45
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
ive always liked him and still will.i think we will see him in the ufc again,ive never seen him do that to people that respect him while fighting.sure ill admit it was wrong that he done it,but as you guys stated there have been other fighters do the same thing

what did heath do to disrespect him?

Mooink
08-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Apparently this:

"Sobral explained after the fight that he choked Heath unconscious because he felt disrespected by some of his opponents pre-fight comments (Heath wore a shirt showing a Sobral's mugshot from a recent arrest)."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_74

neonatural45
08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Apparently this:

"Sobral explained after the fight that he choked Heath unconscious because he felt disrespected by some of his opponents pre-fight comments (Heath wore a shirt showing a Sobral's mugshot from a recent arrest)."

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_74

I want a shirt like that lol

sandywh
08-26-2007, 11:52 PM
Dude's got some serious personal demons.

However, the choke was wrong, but so was Heath's shirt. Babalu should have found a better way to show his anger. Step on him, taunt him after he stood up, told Joe Rogan Heath was a fag, something other than choking him out. And no! He will not be back with the UFC anytime soon.

Kimuras"R"Us
08-26-2007, 11:55 PM
I hope the UFC doesn't fire him. I actually couldn't be any less mad at him. If you're going to wear a shirt with his mug shot on it he's going to choke you completely out. Was it right? No, but he didn't lose me as a fan. I might like him even more now that I know he's a complete lunatic.

neonatural45
08-27-2007, 12:06 AM
babalu is a strange cookie

the only thing anything traumatic happened in his life, is the same time he got the biggest win of his career

Slinky
08-27-2007, 02:47 PM
why was he arrested in florida?:confusedsmilie:

Warchief
08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
ive always liked him and still will.i think we will see him in the ufc again
But sadly now we won't...i still like him though and always.

the dazzle
09-07-2007, 05:28 AM
there is nothing wrong with BABALU... he is one bad ass MO FO!! just dont talk sh*t to him or he will teach you a lesson. I hope he comes back to the UFC.