PDA

View Full Version : i hate ringworm

methodjg
08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Worse thing just happened to me! I haven't rolled for a year and a half because I had a really bad meniscus tear. The first day I come back to class I get ringworm! Can you believe that shit! I am visibly upset as you can see.

Anyone got any tricks to make it heal quicker?

Palma
08-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Cortozone, or what ever you use for athlete's foot...

NixHex
08-27-2007, 11:52 PM
My little brother had ringworm and a football coach told him to scrub it with a rag until it was good & red. Then you pour bleach on it 3-4 times in 1 sitting, i'm not gonna lie to you it didn't seem like it felt good. But if you can handle pain I would recommend it, his ringworm was gone within a couple days.

Ubermensch
08-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Cortozone, or what ever you use for athlete's foot...
Yea I never have got it...Thank the gods....but some of the guys I knew used Athletes foot cream.

Palma
08-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Yea I never have got it...Thank the gods....but some of the guys I knew used Athletes foot cream.

It's not that bad, it's just a little dry spot of skin unless you don't take care of it and then it becomes really sensitive. It is almost the same fungus as athletes feet or jock itch. The shitty thing about it is I have had it for almost 15 years now. It comes and goes, but once you have it you will always have it.

Palma
08-28-2007, 05:48 AM
You dirty mother fucker. take a bath.

Give me a hug!

The Natural994
08-28-2007, 06:23 AM
Anyone got any tricks to make it heal quicker?

Bleach

BigBanda
08-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Well immediate killing of it you can bleach it. It will make it look pretty damn ugly even though it already does lol. Other options that will take care of it are putting lotrimin or any other athletes foot cream. Look on the indications and it should actually say it is used for treating ring worm as well.

Now to prevent... make sure someone is cleaning the mats by bleaching them before each practice and everyone is taking showers. You dont want someone getting it then rolling around with it uncovered and spreading it to the whole team.

Tick
09-25-2007, 04:19 AM
I have never seen ringworm before so I am unsure of what it looks like. So out of curiousity I have a picture of what I think might be it. I started thinking it was just a bug bite but after a week it hasnt healed at all and gotten a little larger. At the start it was abotu a quarter of an inch now it is rought half an inch in size... anyway here is the picture...
http://www.bibbyism.com/pic/ringworm.jpg

So, should I head to a doctor and get it looked at?

I have also started to develop a similar looking... cut on my arm as well.

Thanks

*edit* Fuck, I have to install some photo editing software on my laptop... *sigh*

Steel
09-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Well, it beats crabs I guess. Good luck man..get that checked out..hard to roll with one foot.

Steel
09-25-2007, 05:49 AM
[

Also, smoking Pot helps.

LOL you say that about everything!

Steel
09-25-2007, 05:50 AM
I have never seen ringworm before so I am unsure of what it looks like. So out of curiousity I have a picture of what I think might be it. I started thinking it was just a bug bite but after a week it hasnt healed at all and gotten a little larger. At the start it was abotu a quarter of an inch now it is rought half an inch in size... anyway here is the picture...
http://www.bibbyism.com/pic/ringworm.jpg

So, should I head to a doctor and get it looked at?

I have also started to develop a similar looking... cut on my arm as well.

Thanks

*edit* Fuck, I have to install some photo editing software on my laptop... *sigh*

Looks like a big hairy nipple.