PDA

View Full Version : The reputation system is amazing!

King Fisher
08-29-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm trying to have a little fun in the general forums, and Bullock neg's me twice.

I went from 200+ to 20-24....

I'm surprised I can even start new threads!

Brilliant system, doesnt exactly encourage people to stay on the site

Bullock
08-29-2007, 02:20 AM
1.) Don't start threads that look like you are tryin to instigate a flame war.

2.) When an admin tells you that your thread seems like it is trying to instigate a flame war, don't turn around and mock the admin.

King Fisher
08-29-2007, 02:26 AM
1.) Don't start threads that look like you are tryin to instigate a flame war.

2.) When an admin tells you that your thread seems like it is trying to instigate a flame war, don't turn around and mock the admin.

See, this is my problem with the site. Users that have 'power' are grossly abusing it.

I had something going with Palma and was having some fun with him in another thread, and to stay away from off-topic, I started a new thread to discuss it.

Then when you made your power evident by letting everyone know you negd me, I tried to have some fun with it, but apparently, this is a no fun site.

So thanks to those 2 negs from you, i now have almost 0 rep (which I dont really understand). But, I have gotten more rep from that thread I started, so you'll probably be negging me again pretty soon to make sure I dont have any.

Bullock
08-29-2007, 02:31 AM
See, this is my problem with the site. Users that have 'power' are grossly abusing it.

I had something going with Palma and was having some fun with him in another thread, and to stay away from off-topic, I started a new thread to discuss it.

Then when you made your power evident by letting everyone know you negd me, I tried to have some fun with it, but apparently, this is a no fun site.

So thanks to those 2 negs from you, i now have almost 0 rep (which I dont really understand). But, I have gotten more rep from that thread I started, so you'll probably be negging me again pretty soon to make sure I dont have any.

I might.

Legend
08-29-2007, 02:37 AM
It was obvious to me that King was just joking around with Palma. It is also obvious to me that when Bullock thinks he is being ripped on he does not take it well. And considering he is a admin he hits very hard with his rep power and that to me is not fair. If you are going to make users like me have less rep power then the admins should be knocked down to. IMO admins have to much power on this site and while I will not say Bullock is abusing his power I think he is being a dick with his rep hits. I mean why can admins neg a guy twice in one day. I actually like King Fisher and think his rep being ass raped like that is bullshit.

King Fisher
08-29-2007, 02:40 AM
down to 15-19...

is there a 0?

valheruking
08-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Thats kinda messed up.

Bullock
08-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Yeah, 25 points per rep is a little much I'm going to put it back.

He just caught me at a bad time.

Legend
08-29-2007, 02:54 AM

That's understandable. :thumbsup: for coming back and doing the right thing.

Bullock
08-29-2007, 02:55 AM
I can be a real prick if I misinterepret someone's posts.

valheruking
08-29-2007, 02:57 AM
Haha how can you be angry with a sig like that, funny.

King Fisher
08-29-2007, 02:58 AM

I appreciate it man.

Not that my rep is the be all and end all, but I love posting on this site and I have learned ass loads more than I ever could have just by being a member of this site.

I hope to earn my way up to 1000+ soon enough and I'm only here for a good time. I just ran into a problem with another member with 1000+ who now negs me every chance he gets.

But thanks for putting it back, no beef here

Bullock
08-29-2007, 03:00 AM
Haha how can you be angry with a sig like that, funny.

I am complicated.

I appreciate it man.

Not that my rep is the be all and end all, but I love posting on this site and I have learned ass loads more than I ever could have just by being a member of this site.

I hope to earn my way up to 1000+ soon enough and I'm only here for a good time. I just ran into a problem with another member with 1000+ who now negs me every chance he gets.

Palma? LOL

Submissionist
08-29-2007, 03:00 AM
Who else did you piss off Fisher?

Legend
08-29-2007, 03:02 AM
I am complicated.

Palma? LOL

He’s a complicated man and no-one understands him like his woman

Bullock
08-29-2007, 03:07 AM
^^
I still remember that time you were messing around w/ me in the "Where's Afro?" thread, but since I didn't recognize you due to your av at the time I got all pissed, lol.

I felt pretty dumb after that.

King Fisher
08-29-2007, 03:10 AM
Who else did you piss off Fisher?
Trianglechoke62

He just misunderstood what i said, and for some reason wont let it go...

But you guys need to realize that 99.9% of the things I say/do have little to no serious bearing to them. I am complete jokes

jokerthief
08-29-2007, 03:44 AM
This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I think we all learned our lesson today.

http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~nh52/brady_bunch.jpg

Seriously though, props to Bullock. It takes a big man to admit wrong and do the right thing. I think that is a testament to the appropriateness of him being an admin. Er...did that last sentence make me sound a little like Jesse Jackson?

Bullock
08-29-2007, 03:46 AM
When you are wrong as much as I am, you have to be willing to admit it, lol.

Severn
08-29-2007, 04:29 AM
What exactly is the problem with the reputation system? I don't get it. I works as it discourages trolls who start shit and guys who want to just pillage the video section.

Just post smart posts and start smart threads. Seriously if you see a hot thread don't start another thread talking about the same thing. I don't see the problem. :confusedsmilie:

He-Man
08-29-2007, 05:30 PM
When you are wrong as much as I am, you have to be willing to admit it, lol.

I know this is off topic but that sig is some funny shit!

Ramma
08-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I dunno.. Maybe the max rep for all people needs to be 20.. and then you get +1 for every year you are a member.

neonatural45
08-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I dont use the rep system to judge how knowledgable a person is, and when someone makes a thread to bitch about losing rep (which you have done more then once) I lose alot of respect for them. You could have all the rep in the world and Id still think your a pussy who cries when ever he loses a rep point, and so far I havent read one of your posts that are really knowledgable so you my friend can go fuck yourself (and stop bitching about your goddamn rep)

and no I did not neg you

Legend
08-30-2007, 02:33 AM
^^
I still remember that time you were messing around w/ me in the "Where's Afro?" thread, but since I didn't recognize you due to your av at the time I got all pissed, lol.

I felt pretty dumb after that.

lol I remember that. It was one of the only times that I actually got kinda pissed at something that happened here.

I dont use the rep system to judge how knowledgable a person is, and when someone makes a thread to bitch about losing rep (which you have done more then once) I lose alot of respect for them. You could have all the rep in the world and Id still think your a pussy who cries when ever he loses a rep point, and so far I havent read one of your posts that are really knowledgable so you my friend can go fuck yourself (and stop bitching about your goddamn rep)

and no I did not neg you

lol ouch!

Noob
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Jeez, I leave for a couple of days and look what happens to you guys.

Lol at all the things I missed. Though itīs kind of reassuring to know some of this still goes on. Rep issues, complaints, arguments, etc.

thumper
08-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Noob, it might seem funny to you, but almost all of this is your fault.

Noob
08-30-2007, 02:29 PM
Noob, it might seem funny to you, but almost all of this is your fault.

Huh? How is this my fault? I barely ever neg anybody.

Submissionist
08-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Huh? How is this my fault? I barely ever neg anybody.

Because you are the scapegoat.

Donny77
08-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Its a rep system point thing on the NET. Dont take it too serioulsy man.. Im a dinosaur on here and i only got 300 plus... No big deal. I definatley will give points if someone makes good sense or posts somthing interesting, its like giving props i guess. Id never take rep points away from someone just cuz they disagreed or chirped me.. The only way someone should get neg rep'd is if their trolls or post shit that is offensive.

Noob
08-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Because you are the scapegoat.

Apparently so. Not sure how that works out since I havenīt been here for a week, but Iīll be a martyr I suppose.

valheruking
08-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Good to have you back Noob, you back home or online from Spain?

Noob
08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Good to have you back Noob, you back home or online from Spain?

Thanks. Online from Spain. Will be here for a while. Looking for an apartment as we speak.

Palma
09-01-2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks. Online from Spain. Will be here for a while. Looking for an apartment as we speak.

Get a job Hippie!

Bullock
09-01-2007, 02:07 AM
What's it like banging a chick in Spain?

twankydawg
09-01-2007, 02:12 AM
What's it like banging a chick in Spain?

They're pretty fuckin hairy from what I heard! :blink:

Submissionist
09-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Spanish chicks are hot and I'll be very impressed if noob is already banging one after only few days. Go noob.

valheruking
09-01-2007, 02:40 AM
Yeah they are, there were always some Spanish students that came to my area during the summer as exchange students or whatever, and a lot of them were hot.

Noob
09-01-2007, 01:33 PM
They are hot. Uniformly tan, and youīd have to search to find a fat one. Thatīs the first thing I noticed, almost no fat people here except for the very old.

I did actually meet a girl a couple of nights ago. She calls me McDonald, though she barely speaks English so it comes out like MaucDuonald. Should be seeing her tonight. [crosses fingers].

And no, not hairy. Not that Iīve noticed anyway. If things go well, I will tell you guys tomorrow. :grinsmile26:

matto
09-02-2007, 03:15 PM
european chicks are usually easier. i really hope that they use deoterant though. i went to france and was like WTF it smelled when you would stand next to anybody, and its like normal for them.

Bullock
09-02-2007, 07:05 PM
It wierd, the American girls love the foreign males from Italy and Spain etc, but all the foreign chicks go crazy for the white meat. It's really quite awesome.