PDA

View Full Version : Which was.....better Pride 33 or UFC 74

sanctified18
08-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Now a lot of you as well as myself think that UFC 74 was the best of the year so far, and Pride 33 was amazing.....so I thought I'd ask which one was better.

Pride 33 has a special place in my heart because it was one of the last Pride shows and the first Pride ppv I actually ordered. UFC 74 I thought had a great and exciting card overall. I'll pick Pride 33 for me because of the Gomi/Diaz and Henderson/Silva fights though I really enjoyed Couture/Gonzaga and the rest of the 74 card as a whole.

jedibaker
08-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I think the pride show was more stacked, but it kinda seemed like everyone knew it was going to be the last show, so maybe not as much at stake. The ufc show, however, will always have the "to be continued" and that makes it, imo, more interesting.

Ramma
08-29-2007, 04:24 PM
That is actually a tough call. I think they both have their goods and bads.. I love Wanderlei, so seeing him KOed wasn't a happy moment for me lol.

Submissionist
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
pride 33, no doubt about it.

baba
08-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Close, but I'm going with 74.

neonatural45
08-29-2007, 07:07 PM
im afraid its not even close

pride 33 is the best before and after the No contest

Bullock
08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Pride 33 is probably the best event in the past few years.

integer
08-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Pride 33 for sure. If it weren't for that annoying ring announcing bitch dare I say it was flawless? Though watching Wanderlei get ktfo wasn't the happiest moment in my life. :sad:

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-29-2007, 08:46 PM
its a tough call...to me watching wandy and lil nog loose sucked...but the fights were intense...shogn fight was good and watching nick woop that ass was crazy but....

id have to say ufc 74 was my fav...its just seeing couture do wat he did is so insane nothing tops it...and seeing gsp out wrestle kos was amazing as well...and there were so many good fights...

Afro
08-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I dunno cuz that Gonzaga/Couture fight was pretty bad ass, Kos/GSP was boring but still crazy to see cuz GSP was taking Kos down, but Stevenson/Pellirgino stole the show.

Pride 33 had Hendo/Wand which was an amazing fight, Soko knockin out Lil Nogs was crazy, Gomi vs Diaz was one of the best fights ever, Rua vs Overeem was insane too

ya.. no question Pride 33 takes it lol

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-29-2007, 09:02 PM
I dunno cuz that Gonzaga/Couture fight was pretty bad ass, Kos/GSP was boring but still crazy to see cuz GSP was taking Kos down, but Stevenson/Pellirgino stole the show.

Pride 33 had Hendo/Wand which was an amazing fight, Soko knockin out Lil Nogs was crazy, Gomi vs Diaz was one of the best fights ever, Rua vs Overeem was insane too

ya.. no question Pride 33 takes it lol

it really is so hard to choose...the gg/couture fight seals the deal for me...and watching gsp do wat he did was insane...and the joe daddy/batman fight was great...also cote koing grove was pretty cool...

but the thing about pride 33 is that the whole show(other than shogun) was all upsets...it was crazy...it blew my mind

paintstik
08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Pride 33 was fantastic from start to end. I obviously enjoyed UFC 74 but I have never personally ordered a PPV like Pride 33 turned out. That's my vote.

matto
08-30-2007, 07:41 AM
very very hard to choose, now i would def say ufc 74 since it is fresh and iv seen wand vs. hendo and diaz vs. gomi both a million times, but if i think about it, it might have a slight edge. also is couture still going to commentate for the events? cause he fought at 68 and was a commentator after that. i really hope so. he will be forced to talk about the whole henderson issue and all the questions i have wanted to know.

Bullock
08-31-2007, 03:44 AM
Yeah, I'm sure Randy is going to keep commentating, b/c it gives him a lot more exposure as the HW Champ and that is good for the UFC.

And I can't believe anyone thinks it is a tough call to pick b/t Pride 33 and UFC 74. Don't get me wrong, I love the UFC (some people even accuse me of being a UFC nuthugger), but come one guys, Pride 33 was on a totally different level.

Ubermensch
08-31-2007, 04:24 AM
33 more drama and just as good of fights. Come on how do you get better than Wand finaly losing his belt to Hendo? I am a Hendo Fan more than Wand and I even thought Hendo would lose that one. Suspence is the greatest thing besides skill in a fight.

leelandk
08-31-2007, 05:00 PM
My vote goes to Pride 33. From start to finish, it was a great card. Plus, it was a Pride production which is always a bonus. Maybe someday Pride will return. :sadsmile1:

HammerFist
09-02-2007, 03:00 AM
33 by far, coz i said so

leelandk
09-03-2007, 06:31 PM
33 by far, coz i said so

Good enough for me Mr. Norris.