PDA

View Full Version : The most boring sport?

Punk Ass
08-29-2007, 04:09 PM
What are the top 5 most boring sports?

neonatural45
08-29-2007, 04:11 PM
to play or to watch?

dan the man 67
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
To watch;

curling
soccer
cricket (maybe 'cause I have no clue what the rules are!)
bowling
billiards

JoeKickAss
08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
cricket
baseball
bowling
darts
billiards

Submissionist
08-29-2007, 04:35 PM
You should be banned for mentioning soccer in this thread.

Golf, Baseball.

Severn
08-29-2007, 05:04 PM
The whole WNBA.

Golf
Tennis
Nascar
Curling
Soccer

Kind off topic but I loved how back in the day ESPN would show Australian rules football.

ufobydeath
08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I am so gonna get flamed :\

American Football
Snooker
Golf
Curling
Football

scottsec
08-29-2007, 05:42 PM
I am so gonna get flamed :\

American Football
Snooker
Golf
Curling
Football
AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!!....Fuck you bra....:grinsmile1:

Kimuras"R"Us
08-29-2007, 05:57 PM
billiards
darts
MLS Soccer (there's a difference, the World Cup is fucking awesome, MLS is like watching the Yankees single A affiliate instead of the Yanks)
3/4's of the Summer Olympics
If poker is a sport watching it is starting to bore me

ufobydeath
08-29-2007, 06:21 PM
AMERICAN FOOTBALL!!!!....Fuck you bra....:grinsmile1:

I'm not dissing your "soccer" team ;)

Metalhead
08-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Golf
Baseball
NBA basketball
cricket
Any Womens' sport other than volleyball. Sorry

Ramma
08-29-2007, 06:46 PM
In all honesty

Top 5 in no order

Tennis, Cricket, Golf, NASCAR (even though I don't consider it a sport myself), and Baseball.

I know I am going to hear it for the Baseball one.. but.. I mean.. it is just boring (if I watch Tennis at the event, it isn't as bad). Even seeing it live in the stadium... I just, I want to count gum on the ground rather than watch. NASCAR is worse, by a long shot. But, as for athletic sports.. Baseball takes the cake. I even played Baseball for a few years. It was boring.

Highlander
08-29-2007, 07:13 PM
I will get flamed so bad:

1. Golf
2. American Football
3. Baseball
4. Figure skating
5. Basketball

Ubermensch
08-29-2007, 07:20 PM
1) Golf....Fuck you and your Polo shirts too!!!
2) Cricket.... Another lame sport from Great Brittan
3) NASCAR..... Hey could you put in a fuckin right turn to make it a bit interesting??
4) Billiards..... Yawn
5) Poker..... How is that a Sport???

Special consideration WNBA...........Nuff said.

Highlander
08-29-2007, 08:04 PM
1) Golf....Fuck you and your Polo shirts too!!!
2) Cricket.... Another lame sport from Great Brittan
3) NASCAR..... Hey could you put in a fuckin right turn to make it a bit interesting??
4) Billiards..... Yawn
5) Poker..... How is that a Sport???

Special consideration WNBA...........Nuff said.

Nascar does have 2 road courses a year you know. lol

I didn't include poker because I refuse to even acknowledge it as a sport.

kickass32
08-29-2007, 08:14 PM
I know there are MILLIONS of fans world-wide.....but #1 is..
1/Soccor....sorry just don't like it.
2/NASCAR or any auto racing
3/ Cricket
4/Skiing
5/Figure skating

2mcgrath
08-29-2007, 08:55 PM
lets see my top 5 to watch would be

golf
fishing or hunting
tennis
bowling
nascar

i guess fishing and hunting is considered a sport?and it really sucks to set and watch on tv,if not it then i would say soccer

scottsec
08-29-2007, 08:58 PM
I will get flamed so bad:

1. Golf
2. American Football
3. Baseball
4. Figure skating
5. Basketball
How can you not like Football???

Highlander
08-29-2007, 09:45 PM
How can you not like Football???

I hate football so much. I find it retardedly boring. Some highlights of stuff like "the best receptions" are kind of good, but I hate the sport overall.

scottsec
08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
I hate football so much. I find it retardedly boring. Some highlights of stuff like "the best receptions" are kind of good, but I hate the sport overall.
No shit?? Wow... Whats your favorite sport?

Highlander
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
No shit?? Wow... Whats your favorite sport?

Male synchronized swimming! lol

To play...soccer
To watch...hockey

I'm not counting mma for the reason we're in the "other sports" section of the forum.

Legend
08-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Baseball
Golf
Curling
Hockey
WNBA

neonatural45
08-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Hockey

im just going to back away from this thread.....

Highlander
08-29-2007, 10:24 PM

As will I, as will I. :banghead:

Legend
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM

As will I, as will I. :banghead:

lol Fucking Canadians.

Submissionist
08-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm from Canada and I hate hockey so much I have never seen a full game.

Highlander
08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm from Canada and I hate hockey so much I have never seen a full game.

thelegendrvb, I understand, he wasn't even given a chance, you know, with him being born an American and all. He has a handicap, but you insano1, what the fuck! WHat the fuck! What the fuck!

Severn
08-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Hockey sucks on TV. TV does it no justice at all. I can't stand it but being there live is awesome.

Submissionist
08-29-2007, 10:43 PM
thelegendrvb, I understand, he wasn't even given a chance, you know, with him being born an American and all. He has a handicap, but you insano1, what the fuck! WHat the fuck! What the fuck!

What can I say, grew up playing soccer.

Highlander
08-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Hockey sucks on TV. TV does it no justice at all. I can't stand it but being there live is awesome.

WHat!? Hockey is still amazing on television, although american television sucks, but it's still great to watch. Where are you from?

yeomans
08-29-2007, 11:04 PM
soccer is not boring the fucken MLS is boring,
soccer is the #1 sport in the world.
i like all kind of sports, but i think baseball is more boring than soccer.
and hockey i so fucken cool live but tv kills it.

Thaistylist
08-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Darts
Soccer
Arm Wrestling
That stacking shit on ESPN
Nascar

And yes I am the guy that defended Nascar as a sport

Palma
08-30-2007, 12:21 AM
soccer
soccer
soccer
soccer
soccer

Nate_Deezy
08-30-2007, 12:31 AM
soccer
soccer
soccer
soccer
soccer

I agree. Some people will argue to the death on this, but I can NOT stand watching overtimes due to a 0-0 tie.

Palma
08-30-2007, 12:46 AM
I agree. Some people will argue to the death on this, but I can NOT stand watching overtimes due to a 0-0 tie.

I think the Simpsons said it best with a soccer ad on TV: "Fast kicking! Low scoring!...and ties?...You bet!"

Of course it's the number 1 sport in the world. Most of the world is poor and any village or school has fields of grass and at lease one soccer ball or coconut... Only here in the US can we afford to spend money on $250 worth of equipment per kid to play football, not to mention we are one of the few nations that can raise tens of thousands of huge healthy athletes...

It's a matter of personal prefference, but to me Soccer is for little kids, women, Latins, and Euroes...(this is a joke, don't freak out)

If Soccer is the real Football then why is it called soccer?

neonatural45
08-30-2007, 12:51 AM
soccer isnt bad to play but I can't watch it, I actually can't. I want to get into a fight with every soccer player that fakes a fall to draw a penalty (pretty much every one lol)

and being a hockey and an mma fan I find it pathetic to watch soccer fights, just go on youtube.

The world cup is cool just becuase it is so goddamn big but I would prefer to watch almost any other sport

ufobydeath
08-30-2007, 01:32 AM
If Soccer is the real Football then why is it called soccer?

If there's a good explanation for this (hell, a half assed one will do) then I'd like to hear it because in just about every country I've been in (not counting the USA or Canada) Soccer = Football.

Punk Ass
08-30-2007, 08:59 AM
Hmmm, I would say:

1 Nascar- They just go in circles:confusedsmilie:

2 Golf- Need I say more

3 Soccer- The field is too big, and it takes too long to score. Get's me dizzy.

4 Hockey- Just plain dumb, and takes too long to score :fingersmilie:

5 Baseball- boring as hell to watch

All quite painful to watch.

Whoever said Basketball and Football are boring to watch is warped.

Severn
08-30-2007, 09:20 AM
WHat!? Hockey is still amazing on television, although american television sucks, but it's still great to watch. Where are you from?

Washington DC. Most sports retain their excitement when shown on TV but IMO hockey really loses a lot. The atmopshere really adds a lot to it.

Legend
08-30-2007, 10:04 AM

No insano1 is just not delusional like the rest of you. Hockey sucks balls.

Frasedog
08-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Hate watching:

Racing
Hocky
Swimming
Darts
Cricket

Love to watch:

MMA
American Football
Baseball
Golf
X-Games

Mac
08-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Golf, Baseball.
You should be banned for mentioning baseball.

Soccer
golf
Nascar
hockey
cricket

jesusatemyhotdog
08-30-2007, 11:23 AM
I hate hockey too.

I cannot stand blazing speed, intense competition, and devestating hits.

I prefer croquet.

Wait a minute, that is not true at all.

I can understand Americans not watching hockey on TV; the production is shit.

It is poorly lit, with bad camera angles and too few. They don't mic the crowds to capture the intensity. And most of the announcers were transferred from other sports, so the knowledge and passion is lacking.

And when the fuck did the boards become the wall?

I have long said that the NHL should simply contract its National American coverage to either TSN or CBC.

We do the same for American sports here and it works to great benefit.

But Bettman is a fucking goof.

As far as insano1 goes, I hope you like lacrosse or CSIS will hunt you down and boot your ass. True story.

Anyways, on to topic - here are my 5.

Soccer
Baseball - except for the playoffs. But in general it is brutal.
Golf
Auto Racing
Men's Tennis

Mac
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I hate hockey too.

I cannot stand blazing speed, intense competition, and devestating hits.

I try watching hockey and then they blow a whistle to stop play because the tip of a guy's skate crosses the line before the puck. It's annoying. Hockey pisses me off because there is opportunity for it to be fun to watch. Now they cut down on the fighting too. It drives me nuts.

jesusatemyhotdog
08-30-2007, 12:08 PM
I try watching hockey and then they blow a whistle to stop play because the tip of a guy's skate crosses the line before the puck. It's annoying. Hockey pisses me off because there is opportunity for it to be fun to watch. Now they cut down on the fighting too. It drives me nuts.

Since the return from the lockout and the rule changes, the game has opened up. They also got rid of the two line pass and teams are penalized by icing as the offending team cannot change lines. The game is faster than it has ever been.

I am not sure if you have watched in the past two seasons, but I would ask that you give it another chance. Besides, the Blues are starting to get their shit together. You should go watch a game or two this year.

As far as the fighting, that is because Gary Bettman is a fucktard. The instigator penalty is so fucking stupid. Now players get suspended for starting fights.

Mac
08-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Since the return from the lockout and the rule changes, the game has opened up. They also got rid of the two line pass and teams are penalized by icing as the offending team cannot change lines. The game is faster than it has ever been.

I am not sure if you have watched in the past two seasons, but I would ask that you give it another chance. Besides, the Blues are starting to get their shit together. You should go watch a game or two this year.

As far as the fighting, that is because Gary Bettman is a fucktard. The instigator penalty is so fucking stupid. Now players get suspended for starting fights.
Yeah, I think part of the problem is that since the lockout the Blues have sucked, I always liked going to hockey games but when the old ownership sold off all of our good players even going to the games sucked.

We got some good young players coming up so maybe I will give them another shot. I just wish they would tweek the offsides rule some.

Submissionist
08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
By now I'm used to getting flamed for not liking hockey, usually tell them to go fuck themselves.

Legend
08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
You should be banned for mentioning baseball.

I dislike hockey and golf and other boring sports. But Baseball is fucking brutal to watch. Baseball is my #1 most hated sport.

Mac
08-30-2007, 01:44 PM
I dislike hockey and golf and other boring sports. But Baseball is fucking brutal to watch. Baseball is my #1 most hated sport.
:bant:

Legend
08-30-2007, 02:01 PM
:bant:

Death to baseball

Mac
08-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Death to baseball
Death to TTR!

neonatural45
08-30-2007, 02:35 PM
mike goldberg>>>> american hockey commentators

Mac
08-30-2007, 02:58 PM
mike goldberg>>>> american hockey commentators
Except Barry Melrose. Respect the mullett.

dan the man 67
08-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Midget tossing.

Legend
08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Death to TTR!

At least TTR is entertaining.

Metalhead
08-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I think you guys would enjoy hockey more if the television announcers were decent. You guys in the states have terrible play by play guys when it comes to hockey.

Legend
08-30-2007, 05:10 PM
I think you guys would enjoy hockey more if the television announcers were decent. You guys in the states have terrible play by play guys when it comes to hockey.

I think I would enjoy hockey more if it was entertaining.

kickass32
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Obviously it's all about personal preference.........you could make a case for just about any sport being boring to watch if you hate it enough........I fucking can't stand Basketball and hate watching it....Other than MMA, to me Hockey is the most exciting sport to watch (other than possibly pro lacrosse) Lots of goals, plenty of big hits, the odd fight, some fantastic saves...but to each their own...........The Americans need to watch a game with Joe Bowen doing the play by play.

2mcgrath
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
yeah i dont much like hockey myself.never have

dan the man 67
08-30-2007, 05:17 PM

They need to see Don Cherry!

kickass32
08-30-2007, 05:22 PM
They need to see Don Cherry!
Don Cherry is THE man!!!!!

dan the man 67
08-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Don Cherry is THE man!!!!!

He's the best.

I'd give you some positive rep just for knowing who Don Cherry is, but I've got to give some more out before I can give you some again.
:grinsmile1:

kickass32
08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
LOL....I was trying to rep you too, with the same results....

With the risk of showing my age.......I have been watching Don for well over 20 years........

Metalhead
08-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Jim Houston is the new play by play guy on Hockey Night in Canada. He is the best in the business right now.

kickass32
08-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Jim is good, but is he still only doing the late games out west, and Bob Cole still the number 1 guy, or did they change that for this season?

Metalhead
08-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Jim is good, but is he still only doing the late games out west, and Bob Cole still the number 1 guy, or did they change that for this season?

I thought they changed that. I could be wrong. Get rid of Cole and Neele. They are awful (unless you felate the Leafs)

Punk Ass
08-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Obviously it's all about personal preference.........you could make a case for just about any sport being boring to watch if you hate it enough........I fucking can't stand Basketball and hate watching it....Other than MMA, to me Hockey is the most exciting sport to watch (other than possibly pro lacrosse) Lots of goals, plenty of big hits, the odd fight, some fantastic saves...but to each their own...........The Americans need to watch a game with Joe Bowen doing the play by play.

How the hell could you not like basketball? What problem do you have with it?:confusedsmilie:

kickass32
08-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I thought they changed that. I could be wrong. Get rid of Cole and Neele. They are awful (unless you felate the Leafs)

I hate the Leafs, but I actually like Harry Neale.....I also like Joe Bowen alot too, but Houston is the best at being unbiased.

kickass32
08-30-2007, 07:09 PM
How the hell could you not like basketball? What problem do you have with it?:confusedsmilie:

See this is what I'm saying....I could say the exact same thing to you about hockey........basketball just doesn't appeal to me.......it takes about 2 hours to play the last 2 minutes of a game........I understand it's appeal to some people, but i just don't like it. I don't see any drama in it, very little excitement or action...but that's just me......I won't critisize anyone for liking any sport..it's about personal preference, there isn't any right or wrong here.

Punk Ass
08-30-2007, 07:14 PM
See this is what I'm saying....I could say the exact same thing to you about hockey........basketball just doesn't appeal to me.......it takes about 2 hours to play the last 2 minutes of a game........I understand it's appeal to some people, but i just don't like it. I don't see any drama in it, very little excitement or action...but that's just me......I won't critisize anyone for liking any sport..it's about personal preference, there isn't any right or wrong here.

:blink: No excitement? They score every 10 seconds, there's dunks, 3 pointers, crossovers, fancy no look passes, people jumping from the foul line doing crazy 360 slams. No excitement?

To each it's own. :confusedsmilie:

Metalhead
08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
:blink: No excitement? They score every 10 seconds, there's dunks, 3 pointers, crossovers, fancy no look passes, people jumping from the foul line doing crazy 360 slams. No excitement?

That's why it's not exciting. All they do is score. Up down up down basket after basket. No hitting, no real defence. And are 52 time outs really necessary? The game means nothing until the last minute.

kickass32
08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
That's what I'm saying..........I should clarify, I do somewhat enjoy the plays of the week, and seeing some amazing things, but that's about it.

Highlander
08-30-2007, 07:22 PM

Hockey has: great saves, passion, penalty shots, wrist shots, slap shots, fights, sudden death over time....etc.

See how easy that was? And now I could ask you, how can you not like it? Then you'll say some stuff that I'll disagree with and so on.

Damn you thelegendrvd

Punk Ass
08-30-2007, 07:32 PM
Hockey has: great saves, passion, penalty shots, wrist shots, slap shots, fights, sudden death over time....etc.

See how easy that was? And now I could ask you, how can you not like it? Then you'll say some stuff that I'll disagree with and so on.

Damn you thelegendrvd

Personally I don't like the fighting, and don't think it needs to be allowed. I think if more Black people were into hockey somebody would get shot, it would become to personal because they are trying to kill your ass on that ice.

It takes too damn long to score because it's so much damn checking and shit. I don't even know the reason for checking, why don't they just try to take the puck away? :confusedsmilie:

i don't even really like winter sports, probably because im black. IDK, just not my thing.

Highlander
08-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Personally I don't like the fighting, and don't think it needs to be allowed. I think if more Black people were into hockey somebody would get shot, it would become to personal because they are trying to kill your ass on that ice.

It takes too damn long to score because it's so much damn checking and shit. I don't even know the reason for checking, why don't they just try to take the puck away? :confusedsmilie:

i don't even really like winter sports, probably because im black. IDK, just not my thing.

I have no idea why you bring up being black. What does being black have to do with anything? You are black, but you make being black out to be people who are thugs and shoot when they're mad.

You said you're black. Have you ever been in a fight? When you're in a fight, you fight, then get over it like men. You already made a thread asking why there was fighting in hockey and quite a few people answered your question.

Scoring a lot doen't make a sport exciting. It's what goes into scoring that makes the sport exciting.

There are black people that play hockey and fight. Jarome Iginla is a really good hockey player and he fights often enough and never holds a grudge like a bitch or anything. Donald Brashear is known as a fighter and he has never shot anyone. Georges Laroque is known as the best fighter in the game and is also known as a nice guy (who doesn't shoot people).

When they check other players, that is a way to get the puck. Some players are big and strong and decide to use their strenght to get the puck. Some players are very skilled and take the puck away on being fast and skilled alone. Some players who try to check skilled players get fucked over because the skilled player managed to get away.

Again, what does being black have to do with not liking winter sports? There are black hockey players and I know Afro likes hockey, just a bad team. lol

I recommend you watch this great movie:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/6305428387.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Palma
08-30-2007, 08:18 PM

Basketball sucks... They are worse then soccer players when it comes to faking an injury to draw a foul. Be a man for fucks sake!

Highlander
08-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Basketball sucks... They are worse then soccer players when it comes to faking an injury to draw a foul. Be a man for fucks sake!

I love soccer, but the one thing that pisses me off about it is the diving and acting like a pussy. Be men and don't fucking dive. If a soccer ball is kicked to your leg, then don't grab your face and fall. Fucking Rivaldo

jesusatemyhotdog
08-30-2007, 09:12 PM

I play hockey and have fought, speared, cross checked and had all that done to me. Not once have I ever seen anything carry over outside the rink. It is just the way the game is played. Same with Lacrosse. You know what you are getting into during the 60 minutes you are on the ice. After that, you go about normal life.

Also I have played with and against a lot of black dudes and not once has what you predicted even come remotely close to occurring.

Omoplata
08-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I dont think basketball sucks...

THE NBA SUCKS!!!

Punk Ass
08-31-2007, 12:38 PM
My Black comments was uncalled for. Sorry I was drunk. :confusedsmilie:

Submissionist
08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Speaking of basketball I hate that douche Vince for leaving the Raptors. There was a time we had Tracy and Vince.

mbassy
08-31-2007, 01:14 PM
z football
zz odd olympic sports (curling, skeet shooting, equestrianism etc.)
zzz tour de france
zzzz american football
zzzzz baseball

Metalhead
08-31-2007, 02:00 PM
z football
zz odd olympic sports (curling, skeet shooting, equestrianism etc.)
zzz tour de france
zzzz american football
zzzzz baseball

I'm not going to disagree with you here for anything other than curling just being an "odd olympic sports". Curling is huge in some parts of the world. And as boring as it looks it's actually a tonne of fun. The only game you can play while drinking.

Punk Ass
08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Speaking of basketball I hate that douche Vince for leaving the Raptors. There was a time we had Tracy and Vince.

Being as though I live in NYC and the Nets are my favorite team, I thought it was a great move, and Vince is playing much better with the Nets anyway. The Raptors suck! :fingersmilie:

mbassy
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
I'm not going to disagree with you here for anything other than curling just being an "odd olympic sports". Curling is huge in some parts of the world. And as boring as it looks it's actually a tonne of fun. The only game you can play while drinking.

could be fun to play (haven't tried) but it sure is boring to watch

kickass32
08-31-2007, 04:31 PM

I curl fairly frequently, and it's true, it is alot of fun, and if you are Lead, Second or Vice, it can actually be a bit of a workout. And I even enjoy watching curling.....it's true.

leedogg900
09-02-2007, 08:20 AM
darts has got to be the most boring to watch.

kylewyzle2005
09-02-2007, 06:32 PM
i know this is the most nascar is popular but i dont see how people watch cars go around an oval track 500 times. fucking shitty. the wrecks are cool though

kalebarker
09-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Baseball
Curling
Golf
Darts
Bowling

Oh and why the hell would tsn show dog shows? Thats fucked

baba
09-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Cricket and Cup Stacking.

I should add billiards. Its fun to play in a bar after 12 beers, but boring as shit to watch.

CEVANS
09-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Baseball
Curling
Golf
Darts
Bowling

Oh and why the hell would tsn show dog shows? Thats fucked

oh fuck man don;t even get me started on what TSN has been showing as of late.
a list of some of the shit they have sown
beach soccor
strong man
dog shows
paint ball
and the fucking spelling B now what the fuck are they showing the fucking spelling B for.
and i'm not even going to get into how they now show the CFL games when the nfl is on

spinach
09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Baseball on TV .... especially during the playoffs on FOX

Pythonfighter14
09-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Whats wrong with Paiball on TV? Paintball is as exciting a sport as there is.

scottsec
09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
The most boring sport is american football if your watching the saints offense..

Palma
09-17-2007, 02:15 AM
The most boring sport is american football if your watching the saints offense..

You know it's spelled Jah?

scottsec
09-17-2007, 10:16 AM
You know it's spelled Jah?
Thank you sir.

Silvastar
09-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I like tennis, can't watch the entire match but I enjoy it once I started playing it.

Most borring for me would be
Nascar
Golf
bowling

Of course I don't tend to watch things that bore me, atleast not very long.:wavesmile:

Punk Ass
09-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Whats wrong with Paiball on TV? Paintball is as exciting a sport as there is.

Much more fun when your accually playing it, watching on TV is hard to do because the game is too fast and hard to tell who's getting hit.

CEVANS
09-17-2007, 03:25 PM
paintball sucks ass to watch

oh and i'll put in rugby as another sport i can't stand to watch

DemonPig
09-18-2007, 12:11 PM
1. Cricket (I don't know what's going on and I don't want to know)
2. Curling (I kinda know what's going on but it's still painful to watch)
3. Football (Too many stoppages, no flow whatsoever, very repetitive)
4. Soccer (No offence, too many girlies crying and acting instead of playing)
5. Golf (Bunch of fat millionaires pretending to be sporstmen)

I'm sure there's plenty of lesser known sports that can bore one to death but I just focused on major ones.

eazye76
09-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Baseball on TV .... especially during the playoffs on FOX
Yeah, they take forever to throw a damn pitch. Get on with it already, I was watching Yanks/Sox the other night, it was a good game, but I was bored to fucking tears.

und3rdog
09-18-2007, 12:46 PM
european poker. boring commentators.

CEVANS
09-20-2007, 11:52 AM
european poker. boring commentators.

is poker a sport?

und3rdog
09-20-2007, 12:48 PM
is poker a sport?

They show on sport channels.

CEVANS
09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
They show on sport channels.

yea that is true but some also show dog shows is that a sport?

und3rdog
09-20-2007, 12:58 PM
well other people mentioned that and i believe spelling bee too. wouldn't you consider any type of competition or contest a sport?

Jarico
09-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Baseball sucks its a pussy sport you run home to be safe what kind of shit is that? Golf sucks too.

jesusatemyhotdog
09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Baseball sucks its a pussy sport you run home to be safe what kind of shit is that? Golf sucks too.

If you are going to rip off George Carlin, at least give him some credit.

Jarico
09-28-2007, 10:58 AM
I really didnt know that was George Carlin, I heard it from a buddy of mine a few years ago, but i give credit where credit is due

In baseball the object is to go home! And to be safe! - I hope I'll be safe at home

Baseball Vs. Football. By George Carlin. Chor. George Carlin.

LookitsLance
09-28-2007, 11:44 AM
hmm...so many boring sports on tv...baseball, golf, tennis, but i think golf is the worst, tennis and baseball arent that boring in person.

and yes poker is a sport..love watching and playing...

but "sport" has lost alot of its lustor as a word as rock paper scissors is now considered a sport.

Jarico
09-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Baseball is only good for background noise while drinking.

Golf is a great oppourtunity to get a DUI while on the course

Nascar wouldn't reccomend the DUI

Poker is a Skill dimished by drinking, just as much of a sport as asshole

metal guru
10-24-2009, 12:22 AM
baseball
basketball
gridiron
horse racing[is that a sport?]
tennis
golf
pool
squash
table tennis
swimming
rugby league
rugby union
walking
afl........aussie rules football.

i love women's beach volleyball though!

thefirm0
10-25-2009, 11:40 AM
golf
bowling
tennis
soccer
hockey

initial_zen
10-26-2009, 10:41 AM

Golf, Baseball.

HELL YEA, soccer is awesome!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R24RktgUi-s&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R24RktgUi-s&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i may be biased cause i played for my high school team though.

edit: ... and some love for the goalies

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bsJn8h_8PDw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bsJn8h_8PDw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SHUA
10-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Im probably in the minority on this one, but to me nascar or just racing in general. don't get me wrong, there are plenty of boring ass sports out there,but between my family members and other friends all i see is a bunch of cars going in circles and wasting ALOT of gas.just my opinion tho, i know alot of people live by the nascar:confusedsmilie: it's just not for me.......

Thaistylist
10-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I think this must all depend on where you grow up. Where I'm from fags who couldn't hack it in baseball try lacrosse and when lacrosse got too rough for them they play soccer. People who find baseball boring just don't get the sport. Every single pitch, swing, play in the field is a huge decision. Every situation dictates what ideally should be done and if you don't know what a player is/should be trying to do then I could see where it would be boring.

And football isn't my favorite sport to watch but how can anyone find that boring... there is violence and tons of scoring.

Pasha K
10-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Baseball is extremely boring
Cycling
Nascar
Golf
Poker (I dont understand how it is considered a sport)

Smaciman
11-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Baseball & cricket are woefully dull, it's inhumane to make people watch it.
Golf's up there, but at least on TV the camera cuts to the 'most interesting' player.
And 'dressage' horse riding thing they do is God-aweful as well.
"oh, trot over there, stand still, turn 13% clockwise then wave":deadhorse:

pantomime horse
11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Baseball, Golf, Football or NASCAR. None of these would likely be as boring if I were actually involved in them personally, but as a spectator I just can't sit and watch them.

Then again I like fast-paced contact or combat sports. It's just a question of preferences, really.

Rhino
11-16-2009, 05:46 PM
sorry soccer fans I'm not into it but given the shitty amount of goals in any given game the most boring sport is easily soccer

jedc53
04-19-2010, 01:17 AM
I thought golf, but now I see the sports channels are showing poker when I thought it couldn't get any worse along comes Paintball would be my vote.