PDA

View Full Version : Why im excited for TUF7

jukon
08-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Serra beating GSP is a blessing in disguise in many ways. We've all heard GSP's reasoning, but also consider TUF GSP vs Hughes... GSP is such a nice guy, there would be no conflict and lead to a boring ass season.

On the other hand Serra vs Hughes..
Two guys who have not fought before and do not respect each other. Hell, Dana White should have given GSP a 3x bonus for losing the Serra fight. Its the best thing that could have happened for TUF.

sousuke22
08-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I believe you're referring to TUF 6, small mistake...

pa99fighter
08-29-2007, 10:40 PM
wrong season lol

tmlfan
08-29-2007, 11:05 PM
Still would have preferred GSP to win

I am getting a little bored with TUF, I hope this season brings me back. I just want to see some good fights I think, no more andy wangs

jploans
08-30-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm interested to see when the next HW season rolls around, if they will be able to get 16 good HW's who are exciting to watch. It seems, on average, that the lighter fighters are more exciting to watch. Newbie HW's can make for boring fights.

ufobydeath
08-30-2007, 01:20 AM
I am getting a little bored with TUF, I hope this season brings me back. I just want to see some good fights I think, no more andy wangs

Amen to that, I'm getting sick of dumb-asses

Gurry
08-30-2007, 01:46 AM
im sick of seeing colonics, dudes crying, guys that cant make weight, food fights and everything else other than some quality fights and or some real drama (beef inside the house).

markzabin
08-30-2007, 04:12 AM
personally I can't stand Serras voice. He is really loud and is the only one you can hear during the fights he corners. I hope the fighters make the show cause I hate lil pushy shovy fights between coaches. The show should be about the fights, not drama. If you like drama, watch wrestling

kalebarker
08-30-2007, 04:14 AM
I'm tired of them basing TUF on beef between the coaches. The show shouldn't be about the coaches. Hopefully this season will focus more on the training/fighting. Also its ridiculous that they held up the ww championship bouts when it was the most stacked division at the time they announced the coaches.

dan the man 67
08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Serra beating GSP is a blessing in disguise in many ways. We've all heard GSP's reasoning, but also consider TUF GSP vs Hughes... GSP is such a nice guy, there would be no conflict and lead to a boring ass season.

On the other hand Serra vs Hughes..
Two guys who have not fought before and do not respect each other. Hell, Dana White should have given GSP a 3x bonus for losing the Serra fight. Its the best thing that could have happened for TUF.

Where do you think there was/will be more hate...............Jens/BJ, or Hughes/Serra?

kickass32
08-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Well Dana White said today something about the coaches REALLY hating each other in this season......that leads me to think there may be a little more hate with the Matt's than with BJ/Pulver.

From the trailers I've seen, it looks like there are a few fights inside the house, and they totally trash the house too.

yerbluesjohn
08-31-2007, 01:03 AM
From the trailers I've seen, it looks like there are a few fights inside the house, and they totally trash the house too.

i dont really dig on the fights in the house and the trashing the house. it just makes those guys look like idiots. like when nate diaz got so pissed that team penn wrote "team pulver is gay" or something like that on the wall.

leedogg900
08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
i just hope they get at least 1 quality contender outa this season.

dan the man 67
08-31-2007, 03:55 PM
i dont really dig on the fights in the house and the trashing the house. it just makes those guys look like idiots. like when nate diaz got so pissed that team penn wrote "team pulver is gay" or something like that on the wall.

Wasn't it Manny who went crazy? That guy is a loose cannon.

kickass32
08-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Wasn't it Manny who went crazy? That guy is a loose cannon.
I think intially it was Nate, then he calmed down, but then manny went absolutley bezerk.

spinach
09-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Why im excited for TUF7
I love it when a guys starts a thread then never makes another post in it.

Captain Planet
09-02-2007, 03:31 AM
personally I can't stand Serras voice. He is really loud and is the only one you can hear during the fights he corners. I hope the fighters make the show cause I hate lil pushy shovy fights between coaches. The show should be about the fights, not drama. If you like drama, watch wrestling

lol exactly i cannot stand the way that yankee sounds. No offense to any yanks but he and pete sell's accent is fucking terrible

Pythonfighter14
09-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I agree that this season better be more exciting thatn the last one (which blew). Gabe was the biggest pussy EVER. I mean, how did he even get as good as he is? That would obviously require hard work and thats something he just seemed to be incapable of.

Anyway Serra vs. hughes is gonna be very interesting and personally I hope Serra busts Hughes' face in. ( no i;m not actively hoping for Hughes' death it's just an expression!)

matto
09-02-2007, 09:07 AM
I agree that this season better be more exciting thatn the last one (which blew). Gabe was the biggest pussy EVER. I mean, how did he even get as good as he is? That would obviously require hard work and thats something he just seemed to be incapable of.

Anyway Serra vs. hughes is gonna be very interesting and personally I hope Serra busts Hughes' face in. ( no i;m not actively hoping for Hughes' death it's just an expression!)

ya i agree, gabe is a fat slob, and i also hope that serra beats hughes badly but just like i did against gsp, i give serra little chance. on paper serra is the better striker and grappler, but hughes is a good wrestler and can takedown serra and has good enough bjj to stop serra's attempts and get a decision or stoppage. i really hope loses.

kylewyzle2005
09-03-2007, 07:23 PM
i honestly dont think matt serra can beat matt hughes. hughes has way more experience and better wrestling ability. but, matt serra can obviously throw down so we will see. besides that, i know its not a good for the outlook of ufc to have fights outside the cage but last seasons fight in the backyard was was pretty fuckin entertaining.

jbart321
09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
i think there is enough talent in the ufc now that they don't really need these shows anymore. they have shown that they can go out and find good fighters(houston alexander) without a tv show. i will watch anyway, but i hope they end these soon, at least for a little while.

sandywh
09-04-2007, 11:59 PM
i think there is enough talent in the ufc now that they don't really need these shows anymore. they have shown that they can go out and find good fighters(houston alexander) without a tv show. i will watch anyway, but i hope they end these soon, at least for a little while.
The show was never about finding talent. Its about getting to know the fighters. Getting to know these guys makes it more fun to watch them succeed / fail. Guys like Luke Cummo, Matt Serra, Josh Haynes, Forrest Griffin, and Michael Bisping wouldn't even be afterthought had they not been on TUF, but because we know a little about them it makes them fun to watch.

markzabin
09-05-2007, 06:28 PM
2 questions about this season of TUF:

Why wasn't this about the lacking middleweight division instead of the stacked welterweights? Or at least a split division show

Anyone know what the winner gets? (it can't be another title shot can it? :ass: ) I don't understand why some shows gets title shots and others do not, none of them really deserve it.

TheWrestlingChamber
09-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Not to be a wise ass but this will be the sixth edition of the ultimate fighter.

CEVANS
09-07-2007, 01:42 PM
i pretty much done with TUF just not into it anymore and this season is going to be bad.i have to watch hughs and serra trash talk every show,watch some bad fights and a bunch of guys act like fools getting drunk trashing the house same old shit.while matt serra gets to hold on to the belt for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to long so insted of watching sreea fight we get to see him trash talk matt hughs.if not for danzig this would be a total right off for me.

sandywh
09-08-2007, 02:16 AM
2 questions about this season of TUF:

Why wasn't this about the lacking middleweight division instead of the stacked welterweights? Or at least a split division show

Anyone know what the winner gets? (it can't be another title shot can it? :ass: ) I don't understand why some shows gets title shots and others do not, none of them really deserve it.
Only #4 got title shots. And they got that because almost everyone of tose guys had been within 1 win of earning a title shot or at least a #1 contender fight. (with a few exceptions)

I've seen several of the cast members fight before, most will end up in lightweight after the show.

Technical Note:
Most of the fighters on the TUF shows are usually capable of fighting under the weight they competed at on the show because with having to fight ppossibly 3 fights over 6 weeks, you don't have the time to cut 15-30 lbs. in a healthy way. Thats why they fight at the higher weight. i.e. Joe Stevenson, Rashad Evans, & Kenny Florian.

da one enigma
09-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Although Serra VS. Hughes is going to bring in an interesting dynamic as coaches who hate each other, I agree with a point made earlier.

Why is this not a Middleweight season? The Welterweight division is absolutely stacked and if anything is only going to become oversaturated with more names coming out of this show that the UFC is going to wanna promote.

The Middleweight Division is seriously lacking and could use some name value, especially with Kendall Grove being a flop for the most part. Plus, this is just going to prolong the inevitable of Hughes beating Serra. I mean, I'd like for Serra to win, but I just don't see it happening.

Silvastar
09-12-2007, 01:12 PM
After seening the previews, I'm wondering how many fighters get tossed out of the house? LOL I mean come on, one guy had his hat knocked off, that's a fight in da souf. LOL

Not quite the most professional bunch it seems this season.

Guess Hughes will have to be the bad guy again this season since I see no way for UFC to make Serra out to be the bad guy after last season.

btp
09-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Where do you think there was/will be more hate...............Jens/BJ, or Hughes/Serra?

tito/ken

turbo78
09-24-2007, 03:52 AM
hughes/serra

turbo78
09-24-2007, 03:55 AM
serra is going to win, then he's going to lose to gsp, thats guaranteed