PDA

View Full Version : Hey i'm new. + A question.

Fire-Hawk2007
09-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Hey im FireHawk. I'm new to this whole MMA. I've been (and still am) a big fan of Wrestling (the entertainment kind). Ive been watching alot of MMA and i got to say, this stuff is awesome. I love the "real fighting" aspect of it, since i'm not really used to veiwing real fights.

I have a question..about a certain fighter. Rickson Gracie. Where is he? does he still fight? What promotion is he in? When was his last fight? What PPV was it at? I've been watching "Choke" a Rickson Gracie Documentary. I like his style and his personality is great. I'd like to watch some of his fights, and maybe root for him in furture fights, If he still fights. Well hit me back.

Dork8503
09-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Hey im FireHawk. I'm new to this whole MMA. I've been (and still am) a big fan of Wrestling (the entertainment kind). Ive been watching alot of MMA and i got to say, this stuff is awesome. I love the "real fighting" aspect of it, since i'm not really used to veiwing real fights.

I have a question..about a certain fighter. Rickson Gracie. Where is he? does he still fight? What promotion is he in? When was his last fight? What PPV was it at? I've been watching "Choke" a Rickson Gracie Documentary. I like his style and his personality is great. I'd like to watch some of his fights, and maybe root for him in furture fights, If he still fights. Well hit me back.

Welcome Hawk, Rickson is soppse to fight on the new year show for i dont know yet but besides that he does not really fight. Honestly i cant remember the last time he fought.

Punk Ass
09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Rickson is getting up there in age so I wouldn't expect to see him in serious competition much anymore. He isn't apart of any org from what I've seen but did hear he should be fighting on new years.

Rickson is a great person to root for though, he's an inovator and helped to prove BJJ the most practical Martail art.

Welcome to the site.

2mcgrath
09-06-2007, 05:03 PM
welcome to the boards.im sure you will learn alot about mma by hanging out here

Fire-Hawk2007
09-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Hey thanks for the welcomes.

Yeah i wanna learn more. I'm truely starting to love MMA. Ive already downloaded UFC 43, 44, and one of the 70's, the newest one where Randy The Natural defended his title.

The Fighters im excited about are..

Kimo
Chuck Liddil
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Sean Sherk
Tank Abbot

and of coures i hope to see Rickson Gracie in that New Years fight you all mentioned.

What do you think about these fighters? Could you give me a short opinion about each one? I'm interested in your opinions.

Also, i was wondering... do any of you know if Ken Shamrock still fights? I'd like to see some of his fights aswell.

warrior06
09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Welcome FireHawk. I think Ken retired.

Where you from?

Punk Ass
09-07-2007, 02:15 PM
The Fighters im excited about are..

Kimo
Chuck Liddil
Tito Ortiz
Randy Couture
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
Sean Sherk
Tank Abbot

What do you think about these fighters? Could you give me a short opinion about each one? I'm interested in your opinions.

Also, i was wondering... do any of you know if Ken Shamrock still fights? I'd like to see some of his fights aswell.

Kimo- He's one of the inovators but never really exceled to the point of becoming a title contender, he's also old now, so I would expect much from him.

Couture- He's 44 and the world champion, need I say more.

Rampage- Great stand up, crazy slams, and the UFC LHW champion. Nuff said

Sean Sherk- a Baby Matt Hughes, great wrestling and would beat most LWs IMO.

Tank- Very exciting fighter and one of the inovators. He never became a MMartist, he's one dimentional and not really good at anything except for explosive power and good wrestling. Terrible cardio also.

Fire-Hawk2007
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm from Ohio, warrior06.

and harlemhustla145, you left out Chuck Liddell & Tito Ortiz. Or did you leave them out purposly? Maybe you dont like them. I like them but the recent fights ive seen them in, they didn't impress me a whole lot.

LookitsLance
09-07-2007, 10:52 PM
harlem pretty much summed it up, chuck and tito are both great fighters, chuck is a personal favorite for me, and hopefully he can get back on his A game, i think titos career is winding down personally but we will see..
and as for rickson gracie if hes at the end of his career there will always be another gracie coming along im sure, and they are usually all decent fighters.
and yes ken shamrock is done for imo, we are seeing alot of the older fighters like tank, shamrock, gracie, and others last couple fights i believe, while sad its making way for alot of younger talent to be showcased.

jedibaker
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Kimo- He's one of the inovators but never really exceled to the point of becoming a title contender, he's also old now, so I would expect much from him.

Couture- He's 44 and the world champion, need I say more.

Rampage- Great stand up, crazy slams, and the UFC LHW champion. Nuff said

Sean Sherk- a Baby Matt Hughes, great wrestling and would beat most LWs IMO.

Tank- Very exciting fighter and one of the inovators. He never became a MMartist, he's one dimentional and not really good at anything except for explosive power and good wrestling. Terrible cardio also.

Liddell is the ex-champ at 205. Great striking, hits you from all angles, great wrestling defense, been prone to a not-so-stellar ground game. Tito is probably one of the most controversal fighters. Him and Dana White have a little history and he always seems to say and do the wrong thing at the wrong time. He is known for his 'ground and pound' game, stamina, and just a general cockiness about him. Harlem summed up the other great and I am sure he could do a better job at summing up the one's I did. Welcome aboard Warrior.

Punk Ass
09-08-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm from Ohio, warrior06.

and harlemhustla145, you left out Chuck Liddell & Tito Ortiz. Or did you leave them out purposly? Maybe you dont like them. I like them but the recent fights ive seen them in, they didn't impress me a whole lot.

Sorry, I was sort of in a rush.

Chuck- decent striking, even better power, and the best takedown defense bar none. He throws from all angles, but I don't think that's the reason he wins so much. IMO, he's just been lucky enough to have fought many fighters with shit for striking, or shit for brains, ala Babalu.

Tito- One of the best wrestlers in MMA and much improved striking now. Unfortunately he doesn't have too much power. He has great sub defense and can apply a sub if he chose to (he would rather maul you.)

I think MMA has probably caught up with him over the years because there is a surgance of great fighters that can equal him or surpass him in all his strengths, like Rashad Evans, Couture, and Rampage. Still a great fighter, very charasmatic, and a great draw.