PDA

View Full Version : New person..intro/question

LookitsLance
09-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Hey ive been around reading the forums for awhile, and registered twice under 2 different emails but I didn't get the activation email or any other emails, so I figured I would try again today and low and behold it worked. Names Lance, been a MMA fan forever, but mostly UFC until recently. I discovered PRIDE and other fighters/leagues mostly through suggestions I see here. My favorite fighters would have to be Liddell for his weird punching, Fedor for his downright awesomeness, Crocop for his determination and I like picking a rising star usually and I would have to go with Brock because I like his look and from his one fight his style seems to be good too, but only time will tell there.

Question though, there seem to be alot of people here with alot of MMA knowledge and I wonder where they see all these fights? Its hard for me to see anything besides UFC and the occasional PRIDE on youtube or something.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, hope to talk to yall soon.

jesusatemyhotdog
09-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Just start posting on the forum with good, well thought out posts and your desires will magically be fulfilled.

LookitsLance
09-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Just start posting on the forum with good, well thought out posts and your desires will magically be fulfilled.

I'm trying but I lack alot of knowledge that everyone else has :P I mean ive seen a fedor fight or 10 and a couple cro cop fights both on youtube, but everyone else seems to know every fight from every fighters :P

jesusatemyhotdog
09-06-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm trying but I lack alot of knowledge that everyone else has :P I mean ive seen a fedor fight or 10 and a couple cro cop fights both on youtube, but everyone else seems to know every fight from every fighters :P

Well, many of us have been watching from the very beginning. I used to go to video flea markets and get all kinds of bootlegs and shit. But when you hit a reputation level of 50, all your dreams will come true.

It is pretty easy to get rep as long as you aren't a dick and if you don't know something, just ask and admit it.

Just remain active in the forum.

LookitsLance
09-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I plan on staying active as I love discussing MMA, I just wish that there were more events on tv :)

Punk Ass
09-06-2007, 07:30 PM
You can download many fights off of Kazaa and lime wire. Bitcomet is a good source I think, and when you reach 50 rep you will have access to the vid section where you can download any fight you choose.

Welcome to the site :grinsmile1:

LookitsLance
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Can't wait for 50 rep :) My problem with downloading fights from limewire and such is that i wouldnt know what to search for there, torrents are so much easier but i don't know :) ill wait for my 50 rep, and keep watching what I can, maybe Ill try downloading the last couple pride ppvs

Gmunit
09-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Can't wait for 50 rep :) My problem with downloading fights from limewire and such is that i wouldnt know what to search for there, torrents are so much easier but i don't know :) ill wait for my 50 rep, and keep watching what I can, maybe Ill try downloading the last couple pride ppvs

dailymotion.com is good (although alot of vids are getting taken down by Zuffa)

but once you're able to see the pics and vids you'll be ok

BTW, don't ask for rep, or you'll end up hurting yourself in the long run

edit: if you find links to certain fights/events you can post them in "Noob Jack" (mods will prolly move 'em, but still) and thats a quick way to get rep from peeps (but again, don't ask for it)

LookitsLance
09-06-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah im not gonna go around begging for rep, i plan on being here awhile not just wanting to get to 50 to check the stuff out, as i didnt even know about it until now :P it seems to come pretty fast anyway :)