PDA

View Full Version : My Introduction & a ? about UFC 75

RottNKorpse
09-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Hi, I registered here over a year ago and I think I posted a couple times but I just became to busy to post on another forum as I run my own and I don't really have time for much else because of the other sites I run and no I am not going to post my forum link but even if I did it wouldn't hurt this site since my forum is not about MMA. :)

Anyway, I have a question about UFC 75.

I know fighters have the right to fight wherever they want to but how is UFC claiming a unification match for the UFC and Pride titles? Is Pride closing or something?

2mcgrath
09-08-2007, 06:11 AM
zuffa bought pride.so pride is ufc now.and pride is gone

LookitsLance
09-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Zuffa bought PRIDE and is having alot of trouble with trying to get it up and running, or so they say, so basically UFC is gonna use PRIDEs titles and stars to promote ppvs, but i think they are gonna end up just integrating the fighers from PRIDE to UFC

esh
09-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Zuffa bought PRIDE and is having alot of trouble with trying to get it up and running, or so they say, so basically UFC is gonna use PRIDEs titles and stars to promote ppvs, but i think they are gonna end up just integrating the fighers from PRIDE to UFC

i would bet that both organizations remain separate entities and that Zuffa's acquisition of PRIDE simply allows UFC a broader selection of experienced fighters. No more exclusivity.

Bulldog_916
09-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I dont think Zuffa's acquisition of pride was simply superficial. Dana owns them now, pretty much. Maybe they can run a branch in the east, Japan, China, etc. I think good Japanese fighters are being overlooked in the States in favor of names more people can get behind. Some of the top fighters in the world are from Japan and China and Korea. Mostly in the light, middle and light heavy weight divisions, you cant overlook some of the names in the MMA News Rankings.