PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Mods during events

jesusatemyhotdog
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Is there any way that some posters could be deputized, so to speak, in the lead up to and fall out after UFC events?

The sheer volume of stupidity is too much for the team we have now.

Highlander
09-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Good idea. We need like 5, I'd say. A lot users become fucing retarded and act like jackasses, then say, "Whoops, it was the alcohol." We should ban them or send them to the hole. I'll volunteer. Muhahahaha

Noob
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
The sheer volume of stupidity is too much for the team we have now.

It really is.

Is there any way that some posters could be deputized, so to speak, in the lead up to and fall out after UFC events?

I actually like this idea. It would be a little more tricky in practice than in theory though.

Deputizing a few members as mods would be a breeze. Would take 10 seconds to enact and then to remove afterwards. The problem is that moderators can't ban, so we would still be dependant on there being an admin around to put people in The Hole and to outright ban people.

We couldn't make members admins. Too much power, and it takes a few days to process because the administrator 'permissions' have to be handed down from on high by Boone's boss.

Other than that, I really don't see a problem with this. We would just have to find an effective way of choosing who to 'deputize,' and decide how many people we want to use.

jesusatemyhotdog
09-10-2007, 05:04 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of thread merging and deleting.

Just look at how many "what's next for Cro Cop" and "Hamill got screwed" threads there were.

Noob
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of thread merging and deleting.

Just look at how many "what's next for Cro Cop" and "Hamill got screwed" threads there were.

I think it's a good idea. I will talk to the other mods about it and we may give it a try for the next PPV. Or better yet, have a test-run for the Fight Night a week from Wednesday (or is it Tuesday?).

2mcgrath
09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
for sure a good idea.because after the events all the douches comeout of the woodwork.i noticed a few times after the event 150 or more at one time viewing the general section

Jza
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
Happy to volunteer if ya need any help :)
And I could see it being a good idea but still might turn out to be useless in practise lol

sandywh
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Good idea!

Those first few days after a big even definately require "all hands on deck" in order keep the insanity in check.

Steel
09-10-2007, 10:24 PM
If any help is ever needed all you guys need to do is say the word.

Nobody would inhibit the operation of this forum on my watch.

Ramma
09-10-2007, 10:53 PM
This is a good idea.. And I completely agree. I try to avoid making threads during the PPV time span just because it is too much.

matto
09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
ROFL a Deputy. reminds me of a kid i used to go to school with that everybody called deputy dan b/c of his cowboy boots. it is a good idea though. u were probably inspired to make this thread after the bs hammil-bisping debate.

imo the best candidates for the job would be somebody from RTTR, since it is like the elite group. its like a marine.

valheruking
09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
matto for deputy mod.

Noob
09-11-2007, 05:13 PM
matto for deputy mod.

Lol, instigator.

sandywh
09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
We should add to the Chain of Command:
Admin
Mod
Hall Monitor - You could have 4 or 5 Barney Fifes running around fixing problems.

Ubermensch
09-11-2007, 11:51 PM
No make Palma a Deputy that would be all hell breaking lose!!

Palma
09-12-2007, 01:31 AM
No make Palma a Deputy that would be all hell breaking lose!!

I don't want to be a pig, but I would like the authority to veto nominations...

I myself would Nominate:
Smoogy
AJ
BigBanda
Boo
Neo
Uber (but only because I like one asshole in every line up)
Legend (but only because I sometimes like a major asshole in every line up)

sodium_nitrate
09-12-2007, 02:01 AM
I myself would Nominate:
Smoogy

only guy i would nominate, other than palma (just for shits and giggles)

Ramma
09-12-2007, 12:49 PM
Just to put it out there.. those who are chosen (if this happens) should take their position seriously. Acting foolishly or out of line because of the temporary power you have should and probably will have concequences.

Even as Deputy Mods, the right to ban, merge, etc.. should be earned, not entitled. If you can't show that you can handle the responsibility, you shouldn't be allowed to do it. That is just my opinion.