PDA

View Full Version : Forrest vs Shogun

marco47
09-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Is anyone else worried that Griffin might pull off the upset? With the Pride fighters performing below average, its possible. That would throw a wrench into things and I would hate to see CroCop AND Shogun lose.

I wouldn't bet on it though.

Severn
09-11-2007, 02:25 AM
If Forest wins then the world is flat. That's all I can say.

m_babyface_g
09-11-2007, 02:31 AM
I don't think you have much to worry about on that 1... IF Forrest does pull out an upset it'll be the biggest 1 of this string the UFC seems to of been having.

the dazzle
09-11-2007, 03:32 AM
im not too worried. Shogun has fought in a cage before so im sure he will come in prepared.

marco47
09-11-2007, 03:36 AM
Alright, I feel a little better then. When/where did he fight in the cage?

thasiccest
09-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Alright, I feel a little better then. When/where did he fight in the cage?

he fought in International Fighting Championships (IFC) he won 1 and lost 1
he beat
Eric Wanderlei by TKO on 9-6-2003
and lost to
Renato Sobral by choke on the same day!

marco47
09-11-2007, 06:05 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about that. I would like to see that rematch, especially with Babalu's new super-long, super-tight choke hold move.

Brutus
09-11-2007, 06:31 AM
i'm waiting to see who randy pics. whoever he pics, i pic. never bet against captain america.

BigBanda
09-11-2007, 06:54 AM
i'm waiting to see who randy pics. whoever he pics, i pic. never bet against captain america.
I'm wondering who Randy will pick as well since he helps train Forrest at Xtreme Couture. I'm thinking he actually will pic Forrest out of respect for him.

Brutus
09-11-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm wondering who Randy will pick as well since he helps train Forrest at Xtreme Couture. I'm thinking he actually will pic Forrest out of respect for him.

well the only reason i say that is b/c he picked rampage to win vs hendo, otherwise i would totally agree w/ you.

BigBanda
09-11-2007, 07:12 AM
well the only reason i say that is b/c he picked rampage to win vs hendo, otherwise i would totally agree w/ you.
Yeah he hadnt trained in Hendo in some time though but I see ur point.

Brutus
09-11-2007, 07:20 AM
^^ i thought about that as i was waiting for his answer to the question at 75 and the only thing i could think of is that he's too nice of a guy to say his old buddy is gonna lose.

I WAS WAYY OFF!!! lol kidding he's still a nice guy.

Clint
09-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Is anyone else worried that Griffin might pull off the upset? With the Pride fighters performing below average, its possible. That would throw a wrench into things and I would hate to see CroCop AND Shogun lose.

I wouldn't bet on it though.

Well there is a rumor floating around (keep in mind it is just a rumor) that Shogun isn't taking this fight too seriously and isn't training all that hard. Meanwhile Forrest is training his ass off.

If that is true (a big if) combined with the rules adjustment (Shogun has been in a cage but not recently) could end up leading to a crazy upset.

CEVANS
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
shogun better train hard forrest is no walk over like most think.shogun is better at everything but forrest is not going to back down and has good cardio. if this goes in to the later rounds and shogun is not traing hard then i see the upset .

leelandk
09-13-2007, 05:14 AM
shogun better train hard forrest is no walk over like most think.shogun is better at everything but forrest is not going to back down and has good cardio. if this goes in to the later rounds and shogun is not traing hard then i see the upset .

Well said. The "Octagon" and NSAC "rules" are a different animal. Some fighters make the transition easy, but not all. If this fight was in Pride, Shogun would walk straight over Forrest. Buts its not, and I think its gonna be a closer fight than most people think.

Kansas
09-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Forrest shouldn't be counted out. He held his own against Tito in a fight that he would have taken the decision on if it had been on another day with the same judges in a different mood.

That says he can fight at a championship level. US fighters seem to have more access to professional trainers, physical conditioning coaches, etc. The best higher education system in the world is here in the US so it stands to reason that these people that have been developing the UFC guys are top notch.

I am all for Shogun to win this, but I am not waging any bets. I say 55/45 Shogun.

Legend
09-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Well there is a rumor floating around (keep in mind it is just a rumor) that Shogun isn't taking this fight too seriously and isn't training all that hard. Meanwhile Forrest is training his ass off.

If that is true (a big if) combined with the rules adjustment (Shogun has been in a cage but not recently) could end up leading to a crazy upset.

I bet allot of that is being sparked by Shogun getting married a few weeks ago. I hope he is not overlooking this fight bc despite Shogun just outclassing Forrest in every aspect of the game Forrest is not a sleeper fight. He is talented, has allot of heart, he's hungry, and will upset Shogun if he is not careful. And if he does I will cry myself to sleep for a week.

eazye76
09-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I think Forest has a lot better chance than a lot of people are giving him credit for. He has a puncers chance, and that chance is made better by the fact that he is mostly a stand-up fighter. Also the thread starter mentioned the recent string of Pride upsets, 1 year ago I would have given Forest a hell of a lot better chance against Rua than GG over Mirko.

I'm not picking Forest, but it's far from a done deal that he gets his ass kicked.:devil:

marco47
09-15-2007, 12:40 AM
I bet allot of that is being sparked by Shogun getting married a few weeks ago. I hope he is not overlooking this fight bc despite Shogun just outclassing Forrest in every aspect of the game Forrest is not a sleeper fight. He is talented, has allot of heart, he's hungry, and will upset Shogun if he is not careful. And if he does I will cry myself to sleep for a week.

I agree, Forrest is outclassed in every aspect and I would be suprised to see Forrest use the cage to help win because i've never seen him do that before. I also agree that a poor training camp can doom almost any fighter.

sabreclaww
09-15-2007, 08:33 PM

good thinking...how does one see randy's picks. I know they will show up here, b ut where does he post em?

And as far as the Forrest fight goes...I said it in a different thread, I just hope he has a good showing. I hope he continues to have people's respect in the sport.

oh...ps...isn't forrest training with Randy????

Noob
09-15-2007, 10:13 PM
good thinking...how does one see randy's picks. I know they will show up here, b ut where does he post em?

And as far as the Forrest fight goes...I said it in a different thread, I just hope he has a good showing. I hope he continues to have people's respect in the sport.

oh...ps...isn't forrest training with Randy????

He gives them on the Before The Bell show, on the Versus network.

pa99fighter
09-15-2007, 10:36 PM
he fought in International Fighting Championships (IFC) he won 1 and lost 1
he beat
Eric Wanderlei by TKO on 9-6-2003
and lost to
Renato Sobral by choke on the same day!
that doesnt mean anythiing. he beat a fighter that isnt well known and lost to babalu who in the ufc is only decent

gtw130
09-16-2007, 02:52 PM
I am really hoping that Shogun wins since he is my favorite fighter.

jjapplecat
09-16-2007, 02:58 PM
By using MMA Math It would seem like Shogun should be able to easily roll over Forrest. However, since Cro Cop has not preformed well lately it does have me in some doubt if Shogun is going to win as easily as I think. Still, Shogun by 1st round KO.

nWo4life
09-19-2007, 01:19 PM
If Shogun is in the same shape as his brother was last saturday, I would predict a third round (T)KO for Forrest.