PDA

View Full Version : Sokoudjou Vs. Houston Alexander

dustin1102
09-12-2007, 12:40 AM
After seeing Houston Alexander have another impressive first round knockout, I would definitely love to see him fight Sokoudjou. Both have impressive victories in their last two fights. Sokoudjou was a bigger underdog in his two fights but Alexander has proven he is a force to be reckoned with. I know Sokoudjou is in limbo right now but I think that the UFC should sign him and his first fight should be against Alexander. What do you guys think?

I'd have to go with Sokoudjou probably by K.O.

LookitsLance
09-12-2007, 01:04 AM
After seeing Houston Alexander have another impressive first round knockout, I would definitely love to see him fight Sokoudjou. Both have impressive victories in their last two fights. Sokoudjou was a bigger underdog in his two fights but Alexander has proven he is a force to be reckoned with. I know Sokoudjou is in limbo right now but I think that the UFC should sign him and his first fight should be against Alexander. What do you guys think?

I'd have to go with Sokoudjou probably by K.O.

So we have Machida, Liddell, Rampage and now Sokoudjou who Houston has earned a right to face by fighting who? I don't think he has earned the right to face any of these guys, give him a TUF fighter or something, the guy has 2 impressive wins against relative nobodies, I wanna see him fight someone who has proven they can win. Give him Rashad or something.

XitdiesXtodayX
09-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Id like to see how he does outside of the first round before i judge him.Tons of fighters have hot streaks like the one Houstons on then look terrible when they finally face a top ten competitor.

LookitsLance
09-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Id like to see how he does outside of the first round before i judge him.Tons of fighters have hot streaks like the one Houstons on then look terrible when they finally face a top ten competitor.

Exactly he could have terrible ground, we havent seen it, terrible chin, we havent seen it much, terrible gas, we just don't know until he fights a better fighter and the fight goes longer.

dustin1102
09-12-2007, 01:40 AM
Exactly he could have terrible ground, we havent seen it, terrible chin, we havent seen it much, terrible gas, we just don't know until he fights a better fighter and the fight goes longer.

Ok. Well what is Sokoudjou's ground game like? We don't know if he'll gas either. Who did Sokoudjou beat to earn a fight against Lil Nog? Plus, Keith Jardine is good enough for a main event against Liddell and Alexander smoked him. I definitely think this would be an explosive match up.

XitdiesXtodayX
09-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Ok. Well what is Sokoudjou's ground game like? We don't know if he'll gas either. Who did Sokoudjou beat to earn a fight against Lil Nog? Plus, Keith Jardine is good enough for a main event against Liddell and Alexander smoked him. I definitely think this would be an explosive match up.

Wait who said Jardine was good enough for Chuck?Hes in the main event simply because Chuck needs a win after coming off that loss to Rampage.No one expected Sokoudjou to pick up the win like he did over Lil Nog,hell most people figured it was just some guy being fed to Nog.But Sokoudjou has since proved himself against 2 top lhw in Nog and Arona while Houstons biggest win comes off of Jardine.

Bullock
09-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Sokuo has faced WAAAAAY better comp so I don't know anybody who actaully knows who both guys are that would pick Alexander.

BigBanda
09-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Hmm can u say no brainer???

Soko with wins over Lil Nogs and Arona both via KO versus Houston's wins over LHW's not even ranked. Take Soko in this easily as of right now.

Noob
09-12-2007, 02:30 AM
This is definitely a Noob Jack thread.