PDA

View Full Version : to purchase supplements

Tick
09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
I have recently taken a liking for Muscle Milk (the banana creme is yummy) Anyway, for my post workout shake I was going to drink these, but I wanted to get the premade kind. Does anyone no a godo website or anything where you can purchase this, and any other supplements for less than I could find in GNC or Vitamin Shop?

So far the best price I have see is 20 for 29.95
http://www.massnutrition.com/products.cfm?cur_man=CYTOSPORT&item=CS096

So anyone have suggesions on where to look for supplements? Perhaps there is a better psot workout shake to drink?

At the moment I just take Isopure whey protein.
http://www.massnutrition.com/products.cfm?cur_man=NATURESBEST&item=NB020

it has no carbs but I like the taste so it does well for my morning shake.

One last quesion. What is a good shake for before bed?

Clint
09-12-2007, 10:32 PM
In general ready to drink shakes are kinda sucky but if you have a costco around you I think they have the RTD muscle milk but I don't remember what flavors they had.

Some people don't agree with Muscle milk PWO anf others like it. In general you should have fast acting carbs from dextrose with your PWO protein. You can easily buy some dextrose and mix with your isopure for PWO or use the Muscle Milk

For before bed Muscle Milk is good (just watch your total calories) or any casein blend will do.

I buy most of my stuff from:
www.bodybuilding.com
www.dpsnutrition.com
www.bulknutrition.com

adonis
09-12-2007, 10:39 PM
The pre-made mix will jsut drive up the cost. If your trying to conserve money, get a cheaper brand like MRM (very high quality) or ON (good quality). Mix with water, as they both mix very easily with a couple shakes in your shaker. Than add a bit off bananna falvour, and some coconut oil.

Thats all it takes to ahve an MRM shake. The fat gives the creamy feel/mouth texture. The flavour is added by you; you can adjust for more or less falvour. Sugar is kept low, and protein is high.

Tick
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the replys. YOu are both right, its better and cheaper to make it myself and throw it in a cooler to stay cool or whatever.