PDA

View Full Version : The HOLE...

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 06:31 AM
I suggest that ANYONE put in the hole automatically has their reputation points reset at zero.

2mcgrath
09-13-2007, 06:38 AM
yeah i was saying something along those lines awhile back.i thought maybe take some of their rep and not allow them in the vids section for a couple weeks or something.because as of now the hole really is a joke.you get put there but nothing happens,then you get back out

Submissionist
09-13-2007, 07:01 AM
This is a good idea because the way the system is set up now... any poster that has been sent to the hole can't be neg'd as long as he in inmate.

Ramma
09-13-2007, 07:03 AM
no... that is not right.

Maybe a 2nd trip to the hole deserves that..

But sometimes, people are out of line one time and get sent, or get sent unfairly.

Legend
09-13-2007, 07:33 AM
Yeah I am with Ramma. Kinda harsh for a first time offender.

Warchief
09-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Yea i think it's a bit harsh, we are not the bunch of Hitlers here right?

Bullock
09-13-2007, 09:35 AM
ChuckBooty is mad, lol.

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 04:06 PM
ChuckBooty is mad, lol.

OK...how about anyone who posts a picture of some guy's gaping, bloody butthole loses all his rep....how about THAT! LOL!

Seriously...I don't think that it is harsh. They screw up, go to the hole..and it maybe takes them a week or so to get enough rep to go back into the pics and vids section? It's like probation...do it mods!!

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 04:08 PM
AND/OR make their time in the hole only start while they're logged in. Don't let them just take a week off...make 'em actually have to SIT THERE in the hole. LOL!!

Noob
09-13-2007, 04:11 PM
How about a percentage drop in rep. Say 10% drop for a first-time offense?

Then we can increase it for every offense after that.

valheruking
09-13-2007, 04:39 PM
OK...how about anyone who posts a picture of some guy's gaping, bloody butthole loses all his rep....how about THAT! LOL!

Seriously...I don't think that it is harsh. They screw up, go to the hole..and it maybe takes them a week or so to get enough rep to go back into the pics and vids section? It's like probation...do it mods!!

Yeah Ronin is a retard for posting that and he wont realise it because the negs we gave him get deleted along with the post, wouldnt be suprised if he was one of the trolls posting sick pictures a while back, because he's obviously got an unhealthy interest in sick shit.

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah Ronin is a retard for posting that and he wont realise it because the negs we gave him get deleted along with the post, wouldnt be suprised if he was one of the trolls posting sick pictures a while back, because he's obviously got an unhealthy interest in sick shit.

He needs to be banned for that....I'm negging him every chance I get from here on out.

Noob
09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Does Ronin have a history of weird shit like this?

And someone respond to my idea about the % reduction in rep for The Hole. I want to know what people think about this.

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 05:05 PM

And someone respond to my idea about the % reduction in rep for The Hole. I want to know what people think about this.

I think first offense should be AT LEAST 50%. I mean c'mon...it really takes A LOT for someone to get thrown in there.

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 05:06 PM
...and I don't know a whole lot about ronin...but for THAT offense I don't have any pity on him. People could have been reading that at work or with children present...for that particular case I'd take away all his rep. Let him beg for rep like the rest of the new people.

Noob
09-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I think first offense should be AT LEAST 50%. I mean c'mon...it really takes A LOT for someone to get thrown in there.

I toss people in there fairly frequently. Two or three days, it's not much but their reactions usually let me know if they are a troll or just a misguided noob.

It's a useful tool for the mods.

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I toss people in there fairly frequently. Two or three days, it's not much but their reactions usually let me know if they are a troll or just a misguided noob.

It's a useful tool for the mods.

OK...well maybe you guys need to just take it case-by-case. For something small maybe up to a 10% decrease...for a gaping, bloody, man-butthole I'd take significantly more.

Noob
09-13-2007, 05:21 PM
OK...well maybe you guys need to just take it case-by-case. For something small maybe up to a 10% decrease...for a gaping, bloody, man-butthole I'd take significantly more.

Lol, fair enough.

The mods are discussing it. At the moment we are leaning toward 10% for a minor offense, 30% for a major one, and mod discretion as the final say in any matter.

ChuckBooty
09-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Lol, fair enough.

The mods are discussing it. At the moment we are leaning toward 10% for a minor offense, 30% for a major one, and mod discretion as the final say in any matter.

Sounds fair...keep us posted! :wavesmile:

sandywh
09-13-2007, 10:05 PM
How about a percentage drop in rep. Say 10% drop for a first-time offense?

Then we can increase it for every offense after that.
I'd say you reduce the rep on par with their length in the Hole.
1-5 days = 10%
6-10 days = 25%
11-15 days = 50%
16+ days = reset to "0"

I don't know how you guys rank the severity of an offense, but if you tossed in the hole for having it out with a guy, and it uncharacteristic for you, you don't deserve to have all your rep strpped away. My gues is that 1-5 days is essentially a WARNING. Anything higher I assume that person really messed up.

2mcgrath
09-13-2007, 10:43 PM
yeah i think that is the best way to do it.make percentage drops to people that are put there.and maybe a 3 strike your out deal if they are in the hole three times

Ramma
09-13-2007, 11:28 PM

10% is enough. For someone with 500 rep, that is -50 right there. The Hole is already a punishment.