PDA

View Full Version : shogun & wandy

kornkob
09-14-2007, 02:55 AM
im not sure if this was discussed already, sorry if it was, but dont you think both shogun and wandy are licking thier lips to get a shot at rampage who both already distroyed?

Umbras
09-14-2007, 05:49 AM
Rampage is not the same fighter he was a year ago. He just beat Hendo who handed Wandi his ass. Rampage has a good camp and a solid trainer, but in this sport you never know.

Every fighter that has transitioned from Pride has had to make huge adjustments to fighting in the octagon and what is/is not allowed in terms of strikes. I am looking forewards to seeing Shogun and Wandi making their apperances in the octagon but time will tell as to how well they adjust.

Kansas
09-14-2007, 09:08 AM
Rampages style adapted pretty easily to the cage. He also had some cage experience elsewhere even whil he was with Pride. As for Shogun and Wandi, I think they both have the tools to be good in the cage. They are going to sorely miss soccer kicking opponents and the knees to the head. If they can translate aggression to elbows they will be dangerous. I really hope that they are not too wild to compete in the UFC though. Looping punches knock people out but straight punches land and can knowck people out too.

I am also interested to see how the take down defense is against the wrestling skills in the UFC.

Punk Ass
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Well said to the last 2 posters rep'd

Silvastar
09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
True about missing the soccer kicks and knees on the ground, but Rampage had a problem missing the knees standing that Wand was giving him.:grinsmile1: The LHW is definatly getting pretty damn deep in the UFC. (not that it wasn't already):wavesmile:

CEVANS
09-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Yeah they might miss the kick and knees on the grond but they both took rampage out useing the clinch and that is ok in the cage.wandy might have his hands full with page but shogun will still imo rock rampage

Punk Ass
09-14-2007, 03:06 PM
^^Do to the fact that Rampage was way undertrained and his stand up wasn't as good as it is now since he got the boxing coach, I think Rampage will KO wand if they ever fought, and has a good chance of beating Shogun.

The main reason why is Both Shogun and Wand's wrestling isn't that good compared to Rampage and many american MMArtists. I think that would be a very big advantage against them both due to the fact that Rampage has vastly improved stand up and wont be getting KO'd on his feet anymore IMO.

Although Pride had great fighters, many of the better fighters wins came at the hands of can Japanese fighters IMO. Many of the Japanese fighters are professional wrestlers (fake) and don't have stand up for shit. When you bring fighters with more to their arsenal like Wand, Shogun, Hendo, and Lil and Bog Nog, you get incredible records.

Silvastar
09-14-2007, 03:17 PM
^^Do to the fact that Rampage was way undertrained and his stand up wasn't as good as it is now since he got the boxing coach, I think Rampage will KO wand if they ever fought, and has a good chance of beating Shogun.

The main reason why is Both Shogun and Wand's wrestling isn't that good compared to Rampage and many american MMArtists. I think that would be a very big advantage against them both due to the fact that Rampage has vastly improved stand up and wont be getting KO'd on his feet anymore IMO.

Although Pride had great fighters, many of the better fighters wins came at the hands of can Japanese fighters IMO. Many of the Japanese fighters are professional wrestlers (fake) and don't have stand up for shit. When you bring fighters with more to their arsenal like Wand, Shogun, Hendo, and Lil and Bog Nog, you get incredible records.

I'd say that Shogun's ground game is better than Wand but both should prove to be valuable assets because they're fights are usually very crowd pleasing.

eazye76
09-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Shogun is probably pretty excited, but I don't know about Wand. Wandy has been KO'd twice since the two Rampage fights, and is older. Quintin on the other hand is better than he was in those fights, IMO. I think Rampage is the one licking his lips about getting Silva in the cage.

CEVANS
09-14-2007, 05:20 PM

so would say that rampage in the #1 LHW in the world right now.
i for one think right now he should be ranked #1 right now he just ko'ed chuck and beat hendo.

kornkob
09-15-2007, 04:59 AM
wandy has been ko'ed twice but he has had a year off to recoup. i think he's commin back with a vengance

Noob
09-15-2007, 05:03 AM
wandy has been ko'ed twice but he has had a year off to recoup. i think he's commin back with a vengance

He hasn't had a year off. He has barely had 6 months off.

Even if he fights in December, that's still not a year.

mmafanatic087
09-15-2007, 05:28 AM
so would say that rampage in the #1 LHW in the world right now.
i for one think right now he should be ranked #1 right now he just ko'ed chuck and beat hendo.
thats my thoughts 2 he should be number 1 right now