PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* My rep has been mysteriously reduced

blightsmite
09-18-2007, 04:35 AM
This past weekend I had over 100 points. Now I have about 40. And I can't see the pics and video section anymore even though I posted a thread there Saturday night. Anyone know whats up?

Bullock
09-18-2007, 04:44 AM
No, he didn't get negged.

In fact, his last reps were in August, so this makes no sense.

Noob
09-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Seems like a good guy, and he only needs 6 more reps to get into Vids section.

Unless Clint has come up with a way that Rep goes down after a while, which I would really like.lol

What to do, What to do?

That would be nice if we could figure out how to make that happen if you don't post for a certain amount of time.

I'm not sure why his rep is low, but I also don't really see it as being much of a problem. 150 posts, 40 rep seems about right to me.

It's a mystery, but there are ones I would rather spend my energy to solve. Like why Angela Landsberry is so FOXY. Uh.

Murder She Wrote. I'll give her something to write about.

Steel
09-18-2007, 05:43 AM
It's a mystery, but there are ones I would rather spend my energy to solve. Like why Angela Landsberry is so FOXY. Uh.

*Gazes at Noob with raised brow, pondering the insanity of the above comment..*

Steel
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
This is an option worthy of the time to investigate.

there's a new jack up in Newbyville missing the vid section..with 48 posts as a member since 10/2006!

Noob & I posted more than alone during our 80's Electric Boogalo battle yesterday.

blightsmite
09-18-2007, 06:00 AM
That would be nice if we could figure out how to make that happen if you don't post for a certain amount of time.

I'm not sure why his rep is low, but I also don't really see it as being much of a problem. 150 posts, 40 rep seems about right to me.

*Gazes at Noob with raised brow, pondering the insanity of the above comment..*

Me too. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with me posting a "non-TTR related" link to the eliteXC show Saturday night..... of which Noob deleted it.

But I'm sure we're all too mature here to do that.

I've been a member for over a year and am loyal to this site. I don't give out secret links and I don't troll.

Noob
09-18-2007, 06:02 AM
This is an option worthy of the time to investigate.

there's a new jack up in Newbyville missing the vid section..with 48 posts as a member since 10/2006!

Noob & I posted more than alone during our 80's Electric Boogalo battle yesterday.

That is worthy of investigation only in the sense that I would like to know how he ever got in the vids section with 40 posts. That is more impressive than the fact that he lost some rep.

And besides, they're both solid second place finishes to my Angela Landsberry quest. Mmm baby, come here. Papa needs a hug.

blightsmite
09-18-2007, 06:10 AM
Hehe many thanks to boosted my rep to "pics&vids worthiness"

I'm 30 years old, work 70 hours a week, dating a high maintenance girl that I will probably get married to, have been an MMA fan since 1995, have been to 5 UFC's....
All I want to do is watch and appreciate some good MMA.

jokerthief
09-18-2007, 06:13 AM
That is worthy of investigation only in the sense that I would like to know how he ever got in the vids section with 40 posts. That is more impressive than the fact that he lost some rep.

Yo no comprendo. He has over 150 posts, that doesn't seem too impressive to get 50 rep. Am I missing something here, how did you get 40 posts?

Steel
09-18-2007, 06:15 AM
There you go. Now you're "legal" LOL

However, I am concerned about Noob's love interest with Ms. Landsberry..everyone knows that Charlotte Rae is the hottest thing in dentures.

blightsmite
09-18-2007, 06:17 AM
Yo no comprendo. He has over 150 posts, that doesn't seem too impressive to get 50 rep. Am I missing something here, how did you get 40 posts?

I had about 110 Saturday night . Sunday morning I had 40. And nobody neg'd me.

Either way, long live MMA and forums.mmanews.com

valheruking
09-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Noob has ruined Murder She Wrote, no more mid day re-runs for me.

2mcgrath
09-18-2007, 06:25 AM
ive lost rep here and there myself without being neg'ed,because ive never been neg'ed/but i have lost maybe 30 points or more over time.dont know where it goes

valheruking
09-18-2007, 06:28 AM
If a thread is deleted, so is any rep given or taken in it, so if you have been rep'd a lot in a thread thats been deleted it can happen.

Happypants
09-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Same thing happened to me (yes, the guy that had 48 posts with a join date of oct. 10 2006 who posted in the newbie section, just to clarify Erotnas Steel post). I think I had something like 84 rep before the weekend, and I lost just enough to not be able to to into the pics and video section. Oh well, I guess I till have to post more to get more rep.

Submissionist
09-18-2007, 06:49 AM
^Who is the chik in your sig?

Happypants
09-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Jennifer Walcott

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/9567/85936737tk0.jpg

Noob
09-18-2007, 06:57 AM

Sorry, got him confused with someone else. There was another guy that made a similar thread. There's too many of them, I'm getting them all confused.

Submissionist
09-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Jennifer Walcott

Googling and this is :lovesmilie11: is hard at the same time. My rep will put you over 50 though.

Dork8503
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Jennifer Walcott is my future ex wife.

She is so fucking hot, i know a chick that looks just like her. She is in my math class her name is Kayla she is a little shorter but she looks like her twin. I sit an stare at her and most times get a bonner LOL. She loves where slutty outfits to tease.

Either way im gonna fuck Jennifer, im either going to end up in jail because of it or ill get lucky and she will be drunk and lose all standards lol :grinsmile1:

jbart321
09-19-2007, 07:06 AM
wait a minute! i posted a similar issue and got shit on for it. whats the deal here? obviously this is a bigger issue than was first thought. rep shouldn't just disappear. holy crap. i feel so disrespected now.

...ugh...

Storm442
09-19-2007, 09:23 AM
wait a minute! i posted a similar issue and got shit on for it. whats the deal here? obviously this is a bigger issue than was first thought. rep shouldn't just disappear. holy crap. i feel so disrespected now.

...ugh...
http://forums.mmanews.com/showthread.php?t=15171

Remember, if you only get repped in ONE thread and that thread gets deleted .. then so does all your rep. OR if you delete your *post* that got you rep .. then it vanishes also.

Noob
09-19-2007, 04:33 PM

...ugh...

Well now there is legit reason for your rep disappearing. You got into a little whirlwind of emotion about your rep and thought you'd neg me.

So I negged you back.

Contribute. Make some meaningful additions to the site. Quit complaining about your rep. If you are here for any reason other than free videos this should be easy. If you are only here for the videos, you won't last very long.

Steel
09-19-2007, 05:11 PM

...ugh...

See Noobs comment above

sandywh
09-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Just a reminder:
Bitch about rep or lack of, you can expect to have a whole lot less of it once everyone has had their shot at you.

mcptfc2007
09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
this has happened to me as well yesterday i had i about 55 rep points an now im down 2 a poor 16, i have not been active the last week because i have been on holiday so it would be very gay if it had gone down because of that, i think it would be a bit unfair if u get rep'ed then the thread gets deleted and u lose some points although i dont think i would have lost so many points for just 1 thread, ah well does any1 have any oher ideas what could have happened?

Steel
09-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Think of it this way..if all your rep was earned from one thread alone, that means you only contributed to on topic out of like 1000 here.

And if the thread was one that was deleted, was it due to a problem?

Just spread your wings and fly bro..enjoy the full site experience..rep will come.