PDA

View Full Version : Cauliflower ear

808botz
09-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Does anyone no what gauge of a needle you need to drain it your self?

Noob
09-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Does anyone no what gauge of a needle you need to drain it your self?

Lol, no idea. I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.

Most gyms of any size have someone that's a nurse or PA or Doctor. Just ask them, they're usually more than happy to help.

kaiz77
09-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Lately my ears have slightly bruised....only slight sign of puffiness so far....but thats about it.....How many of you guys roll with ear guards? and with near daily grappling, how long would you say on average this starts to form.....
thanks guys!!

Noob
09-18-2007, 12:19 AM
Lately my ears have slightly bruised....only slight sign of puffiness so far....but thats about it.....How many of you guys roll with ear guards? and with near daily grappling, how long would you say on average this starts to form.....
thanks guys!!

I only roll with them when my ears start to get tender. Which is very rare, and I roll about 5 days a week, at least two hours a day.

As long as you wear protection when they are tender, and have them drained when necessary there is no reason for them to become cauliflowered.

Some people are more prone to it than others. It's basically calcification of the fluid that fills the gap in the ear as the cartilage is torn from the skin.

808botz
09-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Well i ended up doing it by myself. I got a 23 gauge needle. I should of taped it and sent it to some comedy show haha. But after 20 min i drained it. Well see how its holds up. There still some fatness but its alot better. Note to other people. Dont do it yourself haha

copedog
09-18-2007, 03:20 PM
I have had my ears drained several times, and this is by far the best way to do it.

Make a small cut on the ear (very small)
Squeeze the puss out (its going to hurt a bit)

copedog
09-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I have had my ears drained several times, and this is by far the best way to do it.

Make a small cut on the ear (very small)
Squeeze the puss out (its going to hurt a bit)
Take and break off a small piece of a toothpick and stick it in the cut on your ear so half of it is in your ear and half is out. This will keep the small cut open.
Squeeze out every few hours for about a day after and you should be good
This is much better than sticking yourself several times, trust me.

TravelinMonty
09-18-2007, 04:04 PM
here ya go...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DC2smrDDaqA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DC2smrDDaqA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bobbysmith
10-08-2007, 12:48 AM
for me its always my right ear...just got puffy but not to the extent that i have to drain it....still looks like a normal ear (knock on wood) ...cant really notice it unless u stare.

pharmacies sell needles? (just for future reference)

BJJ Boy
10-21-2007, 10:37 AM
I always wanted Cauliflower ear to make me look tough, but then i relised, the people who dont know what Cauliflower ear is, will think i have some sort of disorder or something.

Lets just pray i dont get it.

Palma
10-21-2007, 07:19 PM
<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CaCSPhXZwU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-CaCSPhXZwU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

What does this have to do with grappling?

Take your bullshit to the offtopic section where your troll ass belongs...

TravelinMonty
10-22-2007, 11:07 PM
What does this have to do with grappling?

Take your bullshit to the offtopic section where your troll ass belongs...

lighten up... the first vid was of a guy draining his ear. Sorry Napoleon, I took the second video out. You little guys sure take this stuff seriously.

kaiz77
10-23-2007, 12:03 AM
its different when you almost throw up....lol

June<3
10-23-2007, 09:49 AM
why would you WANT cauliflower ear???? it doesn't make you look tough....just makes you hard of hearing lol

Noob
10-23-2007, 10:07 AM
why would you WANT cauliflower ear???? it doesn't make you look tough....just makes you hard of hearing lol

Lol. My gf says that all the time. She says she can't understand how anyone could actually want to have messed up ears.

Who knows. Cauliflower ears, tattoos, they're just a part of it anymore. My ears are thankfully still normal, but I wouldn't freak out if they started swelling a little bit.