PDA

View Full Version : OJ In hot water again

iverbure
09-18-2007, 01:53 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news;_ylt=Aly.hbZHm11pZzV5DRCm00s5nYcB?slug=ap-simpsonquestioned&prov=ap&type=lgns

I didn't read the article, but when i was listening to the radio it said he could face 35 years in prison. Now hopefully he gets what he should have had coming to him a long time ago. I can respect what men do on the field and in their professions however when you do something like that, than i lose all respect for what you've done in the past and i hope he goes away for a long long time.

Storm442
09-18-2007, 01:58 AM
He's got to know he's being watched EVERY moment that he's in public.
I don't know why he would do something as outrageous as that (armed robbery)

He claims that the police won't help him anymore since the death of Nicole, so he has to take the law into his own hands.

iverbure
09-18-2007, 02:19 AM
one has to wonder ... what goes thru a guys head who is still weathly. Granted not as weathly after the trail. But man, if you knew some guy had your shit why would you go over there with a gun when you are him??? The man could easily be one of the most hated persons in the states. Everyone knows him. I think the guy has just lost his mind. He must have recieved to many blows to the head playing football.

kickass32
09-18-2007, 11:49 AM
I hope the fucking scumbag goes to prison and dies a horrible death there!!!!!!

Afro
09-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Retrieving stolen property is actually not against the law, but the fool should no better then to not bring a gun

Metalhead
09-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Personally, I dont' give two shits about OJ. The only reason it's all over the news is because it's OJ.

Ubermensch
09-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Simpson Friend: It Seemed Like a Setup
Email this Story

Sep 18, 8:11 AM (ET)

By JEREMIAH MARQUEZ

(AP) Former NFL player O.J. Simpson is transferred to the Clark County Detention Center in Las Vegas,...
Full Image

LOS ANGELES (AP) - If the Goldman family has its way, it may soon own the sports memorabilia O.J. Simpson is accused of committing armed robbery to recover for himself. Meanwhile, one man charged with the former football star said Tuesday that the Las Vegas hotel room dispute seemed like a setup.

Walter Alexander, 46, said Simpson may have been tricked because the memorabilia dealer who tipped him off also recorded everything on tape.

"It sounds like a setup to me," Alexander told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday. He said Simpson had thought the memorabilia belonged to him after getting a call from the dealer.

"He did believe that he was going to retrieve his own property," Alexander said.

(AP) Las Vegas court information officer Michael Sommermeyer, center, speaks during a news conference...
Full Image
Simpson was being held without bail Tuesday in Clark County Detention Center on six felonies, including two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon. Witnesses and authorities have said that they don't believe Simpson had a gun but that some of the men with him did. If convicted, Simpson could receive up to 30 years in state prison on each robbery count.

Simpson has been in and out of the spotlight since he was acquitted of murder in the deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman.

The Goldman family, which won a civil verdict against Simpson, has waged a decade-long campaign to track down and claim his assets to fulfill the civil verdict. It planned to file a request in Superior Court on Tuesday to obtain ownership of the sports memorabilia seized.

David Cook, an attorney for Goldman's father, Fred Goldman, said he believed Nevada authorities would turn over the items with a court order after Simpson's criminal case finishes. The items include Simpson's Hall of Fame certificate, a gold Rolex watch and the suit Simpson wore on the day he was acquitted, Cook said.

"Assuming that this case is resolved one way or another, at the end of the case, the stuff will never go back to Mr. Simpson," Cook vowed. "He's going to walk out of Clark County empty-handed."

Another man suspected in the alleged heist surrendered Monday. Clarence Stewart, 53, of Las Vegas, lived at one of the residences that police searched early Sunday to recover some of the memorabilia.

Stewart turned over some of the missing goods, including footballs bearing autographs, police said. He was being held on six felony charges, including robbery with a deadly weapon and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

A fourth man, Tom Scotto, was questioned and cleared of suspicion after police concluded he was not in the room, reducing the number of outstanding suspects to two, police said. Both were apparently seeking attorneys and preparing to surrender, police said.

Alexander, who faces charges almost identical to Simpson's, said he went to Las Vegas for a wedding and not to see Simpson. "I just happened to get caught up in a bad situation," he told ABC's "Good Morning America."

Simpson's arraignment was set for Wednesday. Yale Galanter, Simpson's lawyer, said he was preparing a bond motion and will ask for Simpson's release on his own recognizance.

"If it was anyone other than O.J. Simpson, he would have been released by now," he said.

"You can't rob something that is yours," Galanter said. "O.J. said, 'You've got stolen property. Either you return it or I call the police.'"

The Goldmans hope the property never finds its way back to Simpson.

In 1997, a civil jury in Santa Monica returned $33.5 million in judgments against Simpson in a wrongful-death lawsuit by the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman.

The jury awarded $8.5 million in compensatory damages to Ron Goldman's estate and a total of $25 million in punitive damages, divided equally between both estates. Despite extensive court hearings, however, most of the judgment has remained unpaid.

In 1999, seized personal property was auctioned off, raising only $430,000, more than half of it from the sale of his Heisman Trophy. The house itself did not generate anything toward paying the judgment. A bank foreclosed on the home, put it up for auction and bought it back.

Tuesday's hearing was originally scheduled in connection with any money the Goldmans say Simpson earned from a video game featuring his likeness.

Thats Funny This time he actually looks likke he might be innocent!?!:ahh:

eazye76
09-18-2007, 05:01 PM
OJ should be deported. I say give him his stuff back, drop the robbery charges and let him go to wherever the hell he wants go, and just forget about it!

Storm442
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
OJ should be deported.
Can you deport someone who was born here?

LOL

eazye76
09-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Can you deport someone who was born here?

LOL
I don't think he can be deported, but he should be. lol

matto
09-19-2007, 04:21 AM
lol at it again, the guy is fucked up.

jamesg2323
09-19-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm sure some cop/lawyer/judge in vegas at some time in their life told a racist joke so OJ didn't do it....pretty flawless logic if you ask me.

eazye76
09-19-2007, 11:04 AM
Did anybody see the quote OJ gave the LA Times? He actually said "I thought what happened in Vegas stays in Vegas". Always good stuff from OJ, too bad he is a horrible human being.

kylewyzle2005
09-19-2007, 11:15 AM
the next book O.J. will write after his badass lawyer gets him free: "If I robbed him, this is how I would have done it". lol

iverbure
09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Now please forgive me for not knowing the names of these guys but this story was from a guy from ESPN radio. He said that he thinks OJ was possibly framed.

While OJ was in Las Vegas, his "friend" that sells oj's stuff told him that he knows where there is a bunch of OJ's stolen stuff is. In some Vegas hotel room. So Oj, leaves and gets a bunch of his buddies and they bring guns. His friend than goes to the hotel room and supposly says to these guys who stole the stuff, that some people are coming here to look and probably buy the stuff. Oj and his buddies show up, swearing and pointing guns at these guys all while Oj's "friend" is taking pictures of this or deal and audio. His friend than apparently took the tape to the news station that leak the story.

Sorry if i am hard to follow but i couldn't find any articles the guy wrote on this however that was what he said on the radio and what i was trying to type.

If this is true it seems like OJ walked right into something this guy had cooked up from the start.

Punk Ass
09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm still not convinced OJ killed Nicole Simpson. Hey may know who did it though.

Anyway, I was talking to my Business Law professor about this new case and he said he thinks it's going to be thrown out. He said a lot of the charges don't really fit the crime and it's a whole lot of holes in the case. He said he was talking with his friends who are also lawyers and all of them agree tha this case looks as if it will be thrown out.

Edit: And OJ was definitely framed.

He claims the media is overplaying it.

Steel
09-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm still not convinced OJ killed Nicole Simpson. Hey may know who did it though.

Are you serious? You really think he was potentially innocent?

Punk Ass
09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Are you serious? You really think he was potentially innocent?

Of course, and so was the jury. It wasn't a cut in dry case, it was a lot of inconsistancies on both sides it seems, but not enough evidence to prove OJ guilty.

I think he may know who did it, and it could possible have a lot to do with drugs and money or something. Nicole Simpson wasn't an angel.

Furthurmore that one cop was proven a racist, and some evidence could have been planted.

Steel
09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Nicole Simpson wasn't an angel.

You know, I'm glad you said that. This I'll catch shit for, but what the heck. Women can drive men to crimes of passion and I always wondered if maybe Nicole was that type of bitchy woman..she was nothing close to an angel perhaps a goldigger. This is not to say that she deserved murder and I do think PJ was a scumbag, but I can see her flaunting the young boyfriend and driving the guy into a rage.

Passion is a funny and scary thing.

Punk Ass
09-19-2007, 08:46 PM
You know, I'm glad you said that. This I'll catch shit for, but what the heck. Women can drive men to crimes of passion and I always wondered if maybe Nicole was that type of bitchy woman..she was nothing close to an angel perhaps a goldigger. This is not to say that she deserved murder and I do think PJ was a scumbag, but I can see her flaunting the young boyfriend and driving the guy into a rage.

Passion is a funny and scary thing.

Of course. She was cheating on him, heavy into drugs, and doing everything wrong. If this was a muslim country the the government would have killed her.

Not to take anything away from how fucked up it is if he did kill her, but I do think he wasn't found guilty so people shouldn't treat him that way.

Noise Chopped
09-19-2007, 11:51 PM
The SAME people who think OJ is innocent are the SAME people who would have been calling him an Uncle Tom for dating a, "White girl."

Anyway, I don't know. I don't know whether he didn't, or if he did. America has its priorities seriously out of whack when it concentrates on one guy, while another gets away with declaring an unjust war and killing thousands of people. And that's that, :afro:.

Punk Ass
09-20-2007, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE]The SAME people who think OJ is innocent are the SAME people who would have been calling him an Uncle Tom for dating a, "White girl."

Why don't you just go ahead and say Black people? And I agree with you. Even the Black people who do believe he did it was happy to see him beat the case.

Would it be a stretch to say the man has disassociated himself from Black people until his time of need? Or at least it seemed that way.

Funny thing is, my mother always said "it where were all those white people after all that shit happend? He should have leared by now." Simply because it became a racial thing. When it comes to certain things us Blacks stick together. The Tookie Williams case is a good example as well.

Anyway, I don't know. I don't know whether he didn't, or if he did. America has its priorities seriously out of whack when it concentrates on one guy, while another gets away with declaring an unjust war and killing thousands of people. And that's that, :afro:.Agreed

kickass32
09-20-2007, 02:53 AM
Oh boy!!!!!!! this is OJ... :samurai:

Noise Chopped
09-20-2007, 03:12 AM
[QUOTE=Subj. & Noise Chopped]

Why don't you just go ahead and say Black people? And I agree with you. Even the Black people who do believe he did it was happy to see him beat the case.

Would it be a stretch to say the man has disassociated himself from Black people until his time of need? Or at least it seemed that way.

Funny thing is, my mother always said "it where were all those white people after all that shit happend? He should have leared by now." Simply because it became a racial thing. When it comes to certain things us Blacks stick together. The Tookie Williams case is a good example as well.

Agreed

Well, I don't like to generalize a race of people. As easy as it is for a stand up comic, or someone on the street to say, "WE BLACKS SURE STICK TOGETHER ON THIS OJ THING." It just isn't true, and is rarely true about any one thing. It's a much safer bet to say, "THE SAME PEOPLE WHO." Yes, the majority of OJ supporters are black - But come on. Hell, it's hard enough just figuring out who's (as Gary Sheffield put it), "All the way black." Nevermind figuring out what every single black (or latino, asian, white) person thinks, hah.

People picking and chosing when to tap into their race isn't a new concept or nothin'. I just chose to stay consistent. If, say, Alberto Gonzalez gets in trouble, I sure as hell am not going to lift a finger to help that latino. He turned his back on our community a long, long time ago. Latino or not, he's a piece of fucking shit. And to tie it into this OJ thread - Politicians like Al (I'm sure he'd be ashamed if you called him by his rather ethnic name) are ten times as harmful to this country than some whacked, broken down, ex football player who wanted his football back.

jamesg2323
09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Of course. She was cheating on him, heavy into drugs, and doing everything wrong. If this was a muslim country the the government would have killed her.

Not to take anything away from how fucked up it is if he did kill her, but I do think he wasn't found guilty so people shouldn't treat him that way.

So if this was a muslim country you would be ok with the gov. killing her for cheating on OJ?

Let me guess....you are probably against the death penalty in the USA though?