Howie
08-18-2006, 03:51 AM
im gonna go with Henderson on this one

lilburky824
08-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Matt hughes woud kill him...

AJL416AZ
08-18-2006, 09:11 AM
so... Hendo who has fights at MW, as well as going the distance with Wandy at LHW, only getting subbed by the Nogs at LHW and HW, means nothing

Hughes is smaller, hughes hasn't fought above his fighting weight, and he would lose the matchup.
he doesnt have Hendo's KO power in the hands, Hendo's wrestling is better, and while Hughes has developed a great sub game, Hendo has only been subbed by the Nogs.

Hughes is one of the best WW in the world. not the best MW in the world.

Intellectual
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
so... Hendo who has fights at MW, as well as going the distance with Wandy at LHW, only getting subbed by the Nogs at LHW and HW, means nothing

Hughes is smaller, hughes hasn't fought above his fighting weight, and he would lose the matchup.
he doesnt have Hendo's KO power in the hands, Hendo's wrestling is better, and while Hughes has developed a great sub game, Hendo has only been subbed by the Nogs.

Hughes is one of the best WW in the world. not the best MW in the world.

on point

JSF1921
08-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Dan Henderson

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-19-2006, 12:27 AM
hendo

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Matt hughes woud kill him...
I'm going to have to agree with AJL416AZ.There's no way Matt Hughes a guy who fights at WW would kill the best MW.In fact I think it would be the other way around.I don't think Hughes would stand much of a chance.I think Dan is head and shoulders better than Hughes in the standup.Hughes imo was losing in the standup against Royce Gracie and Royce Gracie is an old bjj guy not even a striker.Dan posses the power to KO hughes.

Dan Henderson's wrestling is just as good if not better than Hughe's and with the weight difference he'd have a big advantage over Hughes.Dan could take Hughes down if he wanted and I couldn't see Hughes pulling off any subs from his back.Dan has only been subbed by the Nog's and that's nothing to be ashamed of.Hughes hasn't been impressive off his back anyway.

liddell316
08-26-2006, 06:25 AM
Hughes was not losing the stand up game against Royce....Royce can't out strike anybody, he's just always going for takedowns.

I'd say Hughes with the upset.

killerinstinct
08-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Hughes was not losing the stand up game against Royce....Royce can't out strike anybody, he's just always going for takedowns.

I'd say Hughes with the upset.
Neither of their standup was that impressive imo ,but I'd give the edge to Royce he dictated the pace and landed some nice leg kicks.

matto
08-26-2006, 07:22 AM
lol matt hughes beating dan. matt's strongest point is his wrestling, he is one of the best wrestlers in mma today, now dan henderson for his size IS the best wrestler in mma today, throw matt's wrestling out the door, henderson was on the 92 and 96 us olompic team. he isnt just better then matt at wrestling id say that he is better then his training partener randy couture who was the best wrestler in the ufc even though the 20 pound weight difference. and matt would have to strike with him and he would get ko'ed by that right hand. also wand vs. liddell would be great and u could make a good arguement for that, but rich frankin vs. henderson would be a total joke, dan would ko rich so bad it wouldnt even make it to the second round. matt hughes best wrestler at 170 and top3 wrestler in ufc but dan is pound for pound the best wrestler in mma today. brock lesnar would probably waste henderson only cause he has about 100 pounds on him.

bigc
08-30-2006, 12:30 AM
id take henderson it really tough but henderson fights at 185 witch has better competiton then welterweight hendersons ko power would be the difference

ozzy2525
09-01-2006, 09:19 PM
Neither of their standup was that impressive imo ,but I'd give the edge to Royce he dictated the pace and landed some nice leg kicks.
your right matts standup is overrated hen vs hughes would not be fair hen vs franklin is better