PDA

View Full Version : Nakamura?

marco47
09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I am a little new to this guy. What are some of his high profile fights? Who has he lost to? Who has he beaten of importance? What are his strengths and weaknesses? I'm trying to hype myself up for the fight. Thanks.

sandywh
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Kazuhiro Nakamura
11-6 (2 KO - 2 Sub)

Notable Fights

Loss - Mauricio "Shogun" Rua - Decision
Win - Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos - (Keylock)
Loss - Josh Barnett - (Rear Naked Choke)
Win - Yuki Kondo - Decision
Win - Igor Vovchancyn - Decision
Loss - Wanderlei Silva - (TKO)
Win - Kevin Randleman - Decision
Loss - Dan Henderson - (TKO-Injury)
Win - Maurilo Bustamente - Decision
Loss - Antonio Nogueira - Decision
Loss - Antonio Nogueira - (Armbar)

Is that enough info?

Submissionist
09-19-2007, 07:37 PM
No shame in any of those losses.

sandywh
09-19-2007, 07:48 PM
No shame in any of those losses.
Absolutely not!

Macgyver
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
He is an excellent Judo practitioner.

CEVANS
09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
awsome subs
improved striking
has been in some really good fights and will be a handfull for alot of LHW'S in the ufc

LookitsLance
09-19-2007, 08:36 PM
i hope to see him get better and better and avenge some of those losses, especially with most of the fighters coming to ufc with him

marco47
09-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Wow, he's faced some solid competetion. Wonder how Machida is going to handle the Judo. A standup war between the two would be interesting too.

Damone
09-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Nakamura is a judoka trying to play boxer.

His best wins are against Bustamante & Vovchanchyn, however, both fights were painfully dull.

Nakamura tends to get wild with his strikes, that's probably his biggest weakness. His stand-up, while improved, is nowhere near Lyoto's.

leelandk
09-20-2007, 01:58 AM
What happened in his fight with Hendo?

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Nakamura is a judoka trying to play boxer.

His best wins are against Bustamante & Vovchanchyn, however, both fights were painfully dull.

Nakamura tends to get wild with his strikes, that's probably his biggest weakness. His stand-up, while improved, is nowhere near Lyoto's.

he ws outstriking shogun in there fight so i think he could hurt machinda on the feet if the tangled up...

Damone
09-20-2007, 02:01 AM
I find it funny when people actually use the Shogun vs Nak fight as an example of Nak being a great striker. Shogun is a grappler who throws wild strikes. He is not a great striker, his main weapon is his ground game. Nak outstriking him shouldn't be a sign that Nak can hang with Machida in the stand-up department.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-20-2007, 02:06 AM
I find it funny when people actually use the Shogun vs Nak fight as an example of Nak being a great striker. Shogun is a grappler who throws wild strikes. He is not a great striker, his main weapon is his ground game. Nak outstriking him shouldn't be a sign that Nak can hang with Machida in the stand-up department.

shogun is a muay thai prac with great bjj...not hte other way around...shoguns biggest weapons are his knees and kicks...not his bjj...and when did i say nak was a great striker?? i said he was outstriking shogun so i could see him hurting machida...and shogun is a better striker than machida...

if you really think shogun is a bjj prac. and not a striker first then that really shows wat you know....and by the way, have you seen the nak vs shogun fight???

Damone
09-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Shogun finishes things on the ground. He takes fights to the ground. He is mainly a ground fighter who does some muay thai. I don't know why it's so hard for you to comprehend this.

Rogerio was outstriking Shogun. How did Shogun win that fight? By taking it to the ground, and unleashing some GnP.

How did he beat Overeem both times? By taking it to the ground, and unleashing GnP.

How did he beat Randleman? By submission.

How did he beat Arona? By hammerfists after a stomp.

Hmmmm, and you say he's not a ground fighter? That's hilarious.

and shogun is a better striker than machida...

Shogun throws wild strikes and runs at his opponent.

Machida takes his time, throws precise strikes, and counters with brilliance.

So, yeah, Shogun isn't a better striker than Machida.

and by the way, have you seen the nak vs shogun fight???

You mean the fight where Nak was outstriking Shogun, and Shogun had to take things to the ground? Yep, I've seen it.

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-20-2007, 02:32 AM
Shogun finishes things on the ground. He takes fights to the ground. He is mainly a ground fighter who does some muay thai. I don't know why it's so hard for you to comprehend this.

Rogerio was outstriking Shogun. How did Shogun win that fight? By taking it to the ground, and unleashing some GnP.

How did he beat Overeem both times? By taking it to the ground, and unleashing GnP.

How did he beat Randleman? By submission.

How did he beat Arona? By hammerfists after a stomp.

Hmmmm, and you say he's not a ground fighter? That's hilarious.

Shogun throws wild strikes and runs at his opponent.

Machida takes his time, throws precise strikes, and counters with brilliance.

So, yeah, Shogun isn't a better striker than Machida.

You mean the fight where Nak was outstriking Shogun, and Shogun had to take things to the ground? Yep, I've seen it.

you know shogun vs lil nogs was a decision right...and it was a fight that was spent mostly on the feet??? and you know lil nogs placed 3rd int he pan american boxing finals right???

and ofcourse he took overeem to the ground...overeem is the best lhw and hw striker in mma...chuck took overeem to the ground, you gonna tell me chuck isnt a striker???

wait how did he beat rampage??? knees and kicks and punches from the feet....koed shoji standing...

and he beat arona on the ground because arona went to the ground after shogun was raping him standing...and shogun hit ricardo with a stomp form where?? the stading position!!!

shogun is a muay thai prac who likes to stand and trade but will take the fight to the ground when he feels necessary...he is in chute box muay thai acadamy...not chute box bjj acadamy

Damone
09-20-2007, 02:46 AM
you know shogun vs lil nogs was a decision right...and it was a fight that was spent mostly on the feet??? and you know lil nogs placed 3rd int he pan american boxing finals right???

I am aware of that. You are aware that Shogun took the fight to the ground, and won the fight based on his GnP and ground work, right?

Rogerio's a really good striker, this is already known. Of course, Shogun should've been able to hang with him in that category, seeing as he's a "great striker."

and ofcourse he took overeem to the ground...overeem is the best lhw and hw striker in mma...chuck took overeem to the ground, you gonna tell me chuck isnt a striker???

Chuck also KO'ed Overeem standing, which Shogun hasn't done. So, your comparison isn't valid. Also, Shogun should've been able to stand with him in those first fights, seeing as he's a "great striker."

wait how did he beat rampage??? knees and kicks and punches from the feet....koed shoji standing...

The Rampage fight is the one fight you're basing this on. Rampage had a broken rib, which was from a Shogun knee, so I'll give him that. However, one impressive performance standing doesn't really mean much, considering that Shogun followed that up with the Overeem fights, the Nak fight, the Snake fight, and the Arona fight. All of those fights were taken to the ground.

Akira Shoji is horrible at everything except heart. You, trying to make it seem like Shoji is some accomplished striker, is laughable.

and he beat arona on the ground because arona went to the ground after shogun was raping him standing...and shogun hit ricardo with a stomp form where?? the stading position!!!

It's still considered GnP. Plus, Shogun finished things with hammerfists. Standing position doesn't really mean anything, because Arona was on the ground. Stand-up, usually, means 2 guys on their feet, you know, standing and trading.

shogun is a muay thai prac who likes to stand and trade but will take the fight to the ground when he feels necessary...he is in chute box muay thai acadamy...not chute box bjj acadamy

He's a ground fighter who uses some muay thai. So, because he's from Chute Box, Shogun has to be considered a striker? That's hilarious.

Gurry
09-20-2007, 10:41 AM
i dont even wanna get involved, this guy is so frustrating i dont think he gunna listen to any of u which is why i dun bother posting in noob jack citay

CHUCKtheCHAMP
09-21-2007, 12:22 AM
i dont even wanna get involved, this guy is so frustrating i dont think he gunna listen to any of u which is why i dun bother posting in noob jack citay

yeah haha...it was my first and last time in here...but i will say he did make some valid points...but imo shogun is a muay thai prac with good bjj and gnp...but watev....

m_babyface_g
09-21-2007, 07:10 AM
yeah haha...it was my first and last time in here...but i will say he did make some valid points...but imo shogun is a muay thai prac with good bjj and gnp...but watev....

That's your opinion cause it's the truth. Shogun is great everywhere but he prefers to stand and bang.

Also, I'd take Shogun over Machida on the feet too.... but THAT 1 is more of an opinion.