PDA

View Full Version : why is mac danzig on tuf?

FFFRpickup
09-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Why is Mac Danzig on tuf? He has had at least twenty five fights in other organizations like kotc and i believe pride also. He is a veteran and they throw him in with a bunch of rookies! Am I the only one that feels this way? what is the UFC trying to prove?

Clint
09-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Danzig probably wanted on the show. There is NO better exposure vehicle out there. After TUF win or lose you are a household name to the fans.

DeathOrGlory2
09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Yeh, gotta agree there - TUF is the best exposure available in MMA today end of story. Despite Danzig being well known in KOTC, he's only ever had any major exposure on the Pride show, so i'd say that its a positive move for him. He's my pick to win it!

sandywh
09-20-2007, 03:37 PM
- Fight in small shows for another 2 years then maybe once the WW division is thinned out (Hughes to MW, Serra to LW, Karo quits, etc.) and then get a legit shot to undercard for 3 years (a la Jon Fitch) before getting any real recognition from the UFC.

or

- Go on TUF beat up a bunch of nobodies and after the the show you are a Main Card fighter for the rest of your career and put directly into the Top 10 (by UFC standards)

It's an easy decision, doesn't make it right, but an easy decision. He could have spent another 5 years fighting before getting the "national" respect he deserves. Or he could go on TUF and earn that respect in less than a year.

CEVANS
09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
yeah i think that the tuf show will be a short cut for him to get his name out

thumper
09-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I don't question why Mac would want to be there. What I question is why they thought they could fairly put someone with that much experience in with a bunch of brand new guys that are just learning this stuff.

It makes no sense to me. Though I love that he punked Serra's friend.

LookitsLance
09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Well lets see if he can win the thing, then he will be in UFC and popular and people will stop liking him here

2mcgrath
09-20-2007, 09:03 PM
like clint said tuf'er is great exposure.some of the better fighters from smaller orgs,or less known or seen orgs.can get on the tuf'er and win the show.and get their foot in the door of the big time.thats why mac is on the show.also it lets dana see how the guys react to bigger crowds and more money and how they handle pressure.

quax
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
It is a smart enough move. Some of the fighters on TUF 1 and 2 had sweet enough records as well.

Legend
09-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah if is for sure the fastest way to get his name out there. I mean look at Fitch. He has been tearing threw the UFC for 2 years now and is just starting to get the recognition he deserves.

XitdiesXtodayX
09-22-2007, 12:19 AM
Its the same reason why guys that i have already fought in the UFC go on the show.Look at guys like Matt Wiman and Joe Lauzon.Those guys were pretty much forgotten after their UFC bouts,but now they are recognized by casual fans.Thats much better then being stuck in pre lim hell for a few years.