PDA

View Full Version : matt serra.....

BPARKER72
08-18-2006, 04:23 PM
i gotta say that if i was fighting i would definetly want matt in my corner.i never really cared for the guy but he gained a new fan last night.

LethalStriker
08-18-2006, 04:25 PM
Serra is going to be the star of TUF 4.

baba
08-18-2006, 04:40 PM
I couldn't agree more. What a great team mate and cornerman!

Beatts35
08-18-2006, 06:25 PM
I've met Matt in person a few times, I have mean in his Huntington School. He truely is one of the most friendly people I've met. His students call him Matt, and there is alot of energy and openness there. I'm sure we will see more of these qualities throughout Tuff 4. And after seeing him on Cold Pizza with Dana Thursday morning could it be a clue as to who one of the 170lb finalists is???

CHUCKtheCHAMP
08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
yeah matt was a stand up guy..carter would not have won that fight without him... yeah for sure serra gained a fan last night!

doublea
08-18-2006, 07:47 PM
yeah matt was a stand up guy..carter would not have won that fight without him... yeah for sure serra gained a fan last night!

Make that 3

duran
08-18-2006, 09:13 PM
One of the reasons I love this sport is the respect that MMA fighters have for each other. You don't see it in boxing very much. Serra lost to Shonie and is supposed to hate the guy. In his interview, Serra said that when he heard that Shonie was on the show that he would like a rematch, but when they became teammates, Bam!, he hit the other switch and became the ultimate teammate. Serra def. earned my respect.

Supe
08-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Def a stand up teammate. Shonie should put down the goblet and thank serra for pushin him through that match.

mattsoper
08-18-2006, 10:53 PM
ya what a standup guy....shonie definatly benifited from matt being in his corner

he showed true class and gained a fan last night

on another note, wow I was suprised that shonie won that fight, I didn't thinkhe had what it took

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 12:48 AM
i gotta say that if i was fighting i would definitely want Matt in my corner.i never really cared for the guy but he gained a new fan last night.
I knew he would be a good coach.He has his own fight camp called Serra Jui-Jitsu.Pete Sell and Luke Cummo are both in that camp.

Matt Sera's team has a huge advantage over the other team.They have the better WW's.Shonie Carters experience,Matt Sera's Jui Jitsu and wrestling knowledge,and Chris Lytle's submission knowledge they definitely have the advantage at WW.

At MW they have an advantage as well.They were lucky enough to get Cote a good striker with a good chin and heavy hands and one of the most under rated contestants on this show Edwin Deweese.Edwin Deweese is a very good Jui Jitsu guy and will also be a good coach like figure.He helps train people at Horn's camp all the time and is a very serious threat to win this thing.The other team got Rivera ,but other than that I think Serra's team got the better fighters.

BTW I know it's not really Serra's team ,but I can't remember which team was team Mojo and which was team no love.I think Serra's team is team Mojo right?

mattsoper
08-19-2006, 01:35 AM
yup serra's team is team mojo...but they mid-as-well call it team serra...they guy is gonna be so helpful

BigJoe111
08-19-2006, 05:00 AM
I think that the best thing about this competition is that the emphasis is on the fighers and their ability to work themselves not having to be pushed by coaches. A couple of questions though, who is the third instructor they introduced besides GSP and Couture? Also when Mikey Burnett was speaking could anyone understand a word he was saying, I hate to say this because I like Burnett but he is beginning to sound like he has taken one too many blows to the head.

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 05:04 AM
the other coach was mark dellagrotte.He's a boxing coach.

BigJoe111
08-19-2006, 05:09 AM
the other coach was mark dellagrotte.He's a boxing coach.
Who does he currently help train? What team is he with?

Masscore
08-19-2006, 05:24 AM
Also when Mikey Burnett was speaking could anyone understand a word he was saying, I hate to say this because I like Burnett but he is beginning to sound like he has taken one too many blows to the head.

Im rooting for Burnett to win the whole thing then win the title, just for the simple fact he would have the best pre fight and post fight interviews ever.

Yea, Im a Serra fan now too. Go Serra and Burnett!

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 10:08 PM
Who does he currently help train? What team is he with?
There are no coaches for one specific team this season so he trains both teams.He's a world class muy tai and boxing trainer.He trains at Sityodtong.

duran
08-19-2006, 10:39 PM
ya what a standup guy....shonie definatly benifited from matt being in his corner

he showed true class and gained a fan last night

on another note, wow I was suprised that shonie won that fight, I didn't thinkhe had what it took

I think without Serra's coaching before and during, Shonie Carter quits in that fight. Anyone else think so?

BPARKER72
08-20-2006, 07:13 AM
i thought shonie was gonna quit just because he was out of shape.nobody throws up at that level unless youve been relaxing for awhile. shonie hung in there because of matt.matt has class like no other.too just walk in there knowing you got smacked the fuck out at there previos meeting and every highlight real on tv shows matt hitting the floor takes real class and showmanship. matt rocks!!!

BigJoe111
08-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Alright the question on everyone's mind is who speaks more fluidly, Mikey Burnett or Ozzy Osabourne? Really Burnett sounds like he has taken about a million too many blows to the head

BDunn
08-20-2006, 04:13 PM
i gotta say that if i was fighting i would definetly want matt in my corner.i never really cared for the guy but he gained a new fan last night.
I agree but i always heard he was a good trainer