PDA

View Full Version : TUF premier episode.....

LadyJag
09-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I was lucky enough to tune into the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter Serra VS Hughes... And honestly the first episode went way to quick.. I personally think they rushed the "boot camp" training, where the coaches have time to evaluate the fighters. And I also think they rushed the "choosing process" and they didn't show if a guy had to cut weight or what he did to train nothing. I'm a fan of season one.. with the challenges... only because the guys looke din better shape at times.. but i guess these days people wanna see the brawl so i can understand why they went the root they did...

ANYWAYS, when that guy broke his elbow.. i really did feel for him! I mean thats total shit when you go in there and then right off the bat something happens. BUT i see it everyday when a guy would rather continue with an injury liek that then actually let it heal.. the guy was what twenty something? SERIOUSLY you have time... AND if your training with Matt Serra you got UFC connections regardless... If your good enough to be on the show and you leave becuase of a fluke accident i'm sure that you WON'T be forgotten... and the way he reacted was so unprofessional... The doctor was just doing his job, and if that was all a staged thign it was stupid and seriously made me want to change the channel? I hate it when guys do it in training, and it looked even worse when it is being broadcasted on something like Spike with a wide audience.

NEXT, the fight... I can understand Hughes decision to stick in the most experienced guy on his team with Serra's "bro" haha! BUT I still think Serra's boy choked. And i feel for him too... nerves can be a bitch.. which is why i think Serra had good advice to go in there with the "i dont give a fuck" attitude!

I really think that if his BJJ was as up to par as it was he wouldn't have looked like such a rookie on the ground... I can see your nerves being more crazy in a stand up game.. where its not really ur territoryu.. but the ground is his game... and he didn't play it... That triangle went on soooooooo slow... i'm shocked that he didn't even try to get out of it he kept his head in there... i was like YOUR KIDDING ME! If he doesn't want it dont be there.... it doesn't matter WHO you train with they can't put the heartin the fighter.. the fighter has to do that all on their own....

Storm442
09-21-2007, 07:19 PM
ANYWAYS, when that guy broke his elbow.. i really did feel for him! I mean thats total shit when you go in there and then right off the bat something happens. BUT i see it everyday when a guy would rather continue with an injury liek that then actually let it heal.. the guy was what twenty something? SERIOUSLY you have time... AND if your training with Matt Serra you got UFC connections regardless... If your good enough to be on the show and you leave becuase of a fluke accident i'm sure that you WON'T be forgotten... and the way he reacted was so unprofessional... The doctor was just doing his job, and if that was all a staged thign it was stupid and seriously made me want to change the channel? I hate it when guys do it in training, and it looked even worse when it is being broadcasted on something like Spike with a wide audience.
I agree with the rushed boot camp thing... seemed to go pretty fast. Maybe a 2-hr premeir episode is in order (like some TV shows do) -gives us time to see each kid and see how they train.

The broken elbow thing was kinda embarrassing, I mean ... c'mon. You're not going to get crap for a fluke accident. You'll be back. We all know you have super heart. Etc.

thumper
09-21-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought the show was great`

kaindakiller
09-21-2007, 08:26 PM
serra is a good coach but his personality stems from the "small man"syndrome and his obvious jealousy of matt hughes.hughes is a hard ass but that's what it takes to succeed in mma.hughes is smart too what with his skill at manipulating serra's top pick.team hughes has the hammer at this point and imo they will roll over team serra.i think hughes will prove to be the better coach.i don't really like either coaches personalities but i do like hughes' approach to training and the way he slickly took control of the match-up.you got to respect that.

leelandk
09-21-2007, 08:48 PM
I thought it was a good episode. I don't watch for the soap opera-esque editing of the selection process/"boot camp" training, I want to see the fights and how the coaches interact with their team of fighters.

LadyJag
09-21-2007, 10:39 PM
I agree with the rushed boot camp thing... seemed to go pretty fast. Maybe a 2-hr premeir episode is in order (like some TV shows do) -gives us time to see each kid and see how they train.

The broken elbow thing was kinda embarrassing, I mean ... c'mon. You're not going to get crap for a fluke accident. You'll be back. We all know you have super heart. Etc.

exactly if anythign they woudl probably have him fight on the finale card? I think they have done that in the past to promising people just to show what they are about... AND in the 1st and second season i felt that you can really (like you said) take a look at the athlete and see what they are about.. gives us as a viewer (esp if we know squat about mma) a better view so we can get an idea of who we want to win or who we think will win!

LadyJag
09-21-2007, 10:40 PM
I thought the show was great`

no doubt the show wasn't great.. i was just saying .. it looked like it was slapped together just for another season (well this far)...

I just like how the first two were put together more so then how it is now

LadyJag
09-21-2007, 10:42 PM
serra is a good coach but his personality stems from the "small man"syndrome and his obvious jealousy of matt hughes.hughes is a hard ass but that's what it takes to succeed in mma.hughes is smart too what with his skill at manipulating serra's top pick.team hughes has the hammer at this point and imo they will roll over team serra.i think hughes will prove to be the better coach.i don't really like either coaches personalities but i do like hughes' approach to training and the way he slickly took control of the match-up.you got to respect that.

yeah i understand what you are saying.. personally i didn't like the way hughes coached in season 2... he reminded me to much of my old wrestling coach.. and i think serra puts confidence in his fighters... and isn't really negative (which can be a good and bad thing) but he's always focused on the positive in the person he's training.. instead of pointing out whats weak about them.. i donno.. just the feeling i got!

sabreclaww
09-21-2007, 10:43 PM
As I stated in the "joey' post, I was afraid this season would be a Hughes smear campaign. I figured because matt 'the error' serra is quick witted and sharp tounged, he would just burn Hughes who's more laid back and well....country. I 'm glad to hear that you all are feeling the same way...it's unneccesary and unprofessional to just bag on the other coach all day and worry about what they are doing. the previews show Serra talking smack to HUGHES' PHOTO in the gym. C'mon man!
He knows....he knows that Hughes is coming like george washington for his ass!!! "he'll kick you apart...he'll kick you apart!"

ps...danzig looks like ed herman...

jcflores
09-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Did anyone saw Robbie Lawler with Hughes? I bet he isn't going to get much t.v. time since he is a fighter for another organization.

euchner
09-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Yes i saw robby in the bg only no spoken words aired

LadyJag
09-30-2007, 01:09 AM
As I stated in the "joey' post, I was afraid this season would be a Hughes smear campaign. I figured because matt 'the error' serra is quick witted and sharp tounged, he would just burn Hughes who's more laid back and well....country. I 'm glad to hear that you all are feeling the same way...it's unneccesary and unprofessional to just bag on the other coach all day and worry about what they are doing. the previews show Serra talking smack to HUGHES' PHOTO in the gym. C'mon man!
He knows....he knows that Hughes is coming like george washington for his ass!!! "he'll kick you apart...he'll kick you apart!"

ps...danzig looks like ed herman...

i think thats all for the pple to edit the show and make it worth watching i mean seriously how do u think they keep pple tuned in? same thing with shamrock and ortiz.. they talked smack the entire time.. it was a stupid season... meh whatever will make the ratings..

but i think serra as a fighter... as a coach (not a tuf coach) is way better then hughes.. serra's a way better champion and i hope he wins with hughes and then him and george can fight again!