PDA

View Full Version : chris lebens a warrior

skeemin
09-22-2007, 06:12 PM
martin vs. leben 2 is a lock for a ppv event... leben brawls n got a steel jaw.. even when hes real gassed, that consistent power was a real bad matchup for a guy that gassed easier then leben.. that sheeit was CRAZY martin worked his game with the striking and some lay n prey..then leben took care of hit right after eatin blows that would have silva or okami KTFO!!! **silva doesnt have the same level of chin as thse boys,,,,

that was the craziest KO comeback the ufcs ever seen. i thought martin would have more gas and stamina. thats an undercard 2nd event in the near future...what do u guys think of houston alexander weres he at in the stacked lhw??... leben vs. hendo for a title shit??? god damn theres so many sick matchups out there, the ufc needs more talented fighters fighting on a weekly basis like all other fighting organizations that has nothing to do with reality tv. will the afrikan assassin ever fight in the ufc?? if someone can fill me in with some answers or some opinions n watnot that would be cool.

Steel
09-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Ok.

This fight was the first sign of redemption for Leben in my opinion. he has much growth to achieve mentally as well as physically and I thnk putting him any title is putting the cart before the horse, before, the oats the horse eats to pull the cart. he has a long way to go.

Noob
09-22-2007, 07:05 PM
:confusedsmilie:

Nate_Deezy
09-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I admire your enthusiasm, but Chris doesn't belong in the same sentence as Dan Henderson right now. And comparing his chin to Anderson Silva's? Did you see their fight? What does a chin matter when you can't hit the guy and he's landing every shot with the same force and precision? Anderson would rape Chris Leben every time if 1,000,000 rematches were to happen. Chris showed some definite improvement. I am a huge fan of his actually, but facts are facts and right now Leben is at the middle-lower level of the fight game at this point in his career.

Noob
09-22-2007, 08:47 PM
I admire your enthusiasm, but Chris doesn't belong in the same sentence as Dan Henderson right now. And comparing his chin to Anderson Silva's? Did you see their fight? What does a chin matter when you can't hit the guy and he's landing every shot with the same force and precision? Anderson would rape Chris Leben every time if 1,000,000 rematches were to happen. Chris showed some definite improvement. I am a huge fan of his actually, but facts are facts and right now Leben is at the middle-lower level of the fight game at this point in his career.

I completely missed that he suggested Leben v. Hendo for a title shot.

That's just retarded. Leben does not belong in the same class as Henderson.

Sorry buddy, you have much to learn.

Antiprez
09-22-2007, 09:14 PM
martin vs. leben 2 is a lock for a ppv event... leben brawls n got a steel jaw.. even when hes real gassed, that consistent power was a real bad matchup for a guy that gassed easier then leben.. that sheeit was CRAZY martin worked his game with the striking and some lay n prey..then leben took care of hit right after eatin blows that would have silva or okami KTFO!!! **silva doesnt have the same level of chin as thse boys,,,,

that was the craziest KO comeback the ufcs ever seen. i thought martin would have more gas and stamina. thats an undercard 2nd event in the near future...what do u guys think of houston alexander weres he at in the stacked lhw??... leben vs. hendo for a title shit??? god damn theres so many sick matchups out there, the ufc needs more talented fighters fighting on a weekly basis like all other fighting organizations that has nothing to do with reality tv. will the afrikan assassin ever fight in the ufc?? if someone can fill me in with some answers or some opinions n watnot that would be cool.

Your post makes the baby Jesus weep in his crib.

Please never, ever compare Chris Leben to Dan Henderson or Anderson Silva. The only time Leben's name should even be found in the same sentence as the other two is if that sentence reads;

Chris Leben should never ever be compared to Dan Henderson and Anderson Silva.

Noob
09-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Your post makes the baby Jesus weep in his crib.

Please never, ever compare Chris Leben to Dan Henderson or Anderson Silva. The only time Leben's name should even be found in the same sentence as the other two is if that sentence reads;

Chris Leben should never ever be compared to Dan Henderson and Anderson Silva.

Well to be fair, he did type 'Leben v. Hendo for a title shit.' And not a title shot.

And who mis-spells African as 'afrikan'? That's just sad. Another child ruined by Hooked On Phonics.

Dork8503
09-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Well to be fair, he did type 'Leben v. Hendo for a title shit.' And not a title shot.

And who mis-spells African as 'afrikan'? That's just sad. Another child ruined by Hooked On Phonics.

more like hooked on crack

LebenTysonTank
09-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Hes a Leben nuthugger and it appears by his avatar a tyson hugger to....you wouldnt happen to like Tank abbott to would you? LMFAO

skeemin
09-22-2007, 10:30 PM
hahhahah title shit. daamn i got shit on real quick.. yea im new im still learnin my shit. dont hate on me boys i just got bad grammar. personally i dont care about mw that much right now its gona be heavy and lightheavy fights for a while

Clint
09-22-2007, 10:44 PM
hahhahah title shit. daamn i got shit on real quick.. yea im new im still learnin my shit. dont hate on me boys i just got bad grammar. personally i dont care about mw that much right now its gona be heavy and lightheavy fights for a while

lol stick around you'll learn quick. We were all new once. If ya have any questions just send one of us admin/mods a pm.

Antiprez
09-22-2007, 11:53 PM

Perfect grammar and spelling isn't required to post on these forums, but you'll find that it helps to make people take you a little more seriously. There is nothing worse than reading some asshats run on sentences filled with horrible grammar, inane netspeak, and grade school spelling errors. We were all beginner MMA watchers once so I understand, so long as you are willing to learn.

Don't take the shit talking done here to seriously. Most people are just dicking around.

Noob
09-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Hes a Leben nuthugger and it appears by his avatar a tyson hugger to....you wouldnt happen to like Tank abbott to would you? LMFAO

Lmao.

lol stick around you'll learn quick. We were all new once. If ya have any questions just send one of us admin/mods a pm.

Word. Happened to all of us.

BDunn
09-23-2007, 04:26 AM
http://mmaplayground.com/forums/i/pr/6919.gif

kalebarker
09-24-2007, 11:57 PM

Scott Smith vs. Pete Sell was a better comeback

sandywh
09-25-2007, 08:14 AM
A) the fight sucked. both looked like they were fighting with 10 lbs. gloves on and their feet in quicksand. Had either fighter been in there with Hendo, Franklin, Kampmann, Silva, or any of the Top 10 MW, they would not have made it out of the 1st.

2) It was not even the craziest KO of the night, let alone the craziest ever in the UFC. It'd not even in the conversation for best KO of a UFN. (Emerson/Maynard & Smoth/Sell jump out)

III) Silva has already dominated Leben. and his chin is waaaaaaaaaay beter than Martin's.

Keep posting though. we'll have you flowin' like Smoogy in no time

aaron757
09-25-2007, 09:52 AM
i thought he fought well. i just didnt like how he all of a sudden became from hawaii ad was throwing up hang 10's. ahahaha ghey.