PDA

View Full Version : UFC Middleweight Division

duffman83
09-22-2007, 11:11 PM
I was looking at the UFC Middleweight division, and I realized that after Silva/Franklin II I have no idea what they'll put on for a title match. Other than those two, there are frankly no fighters with skill and momentum needed to be a viable title contender, with the possible exception of Martin Kampmann. Terry Martin and Kendall Grove's losses took out all the potential main card fighters that had momentum going their way. My question is: What will UFC do? Are there Pride Middleweights out there who can be dropped in immediately or after one fight? Would people buy Hendo getting a MW title match within six months of losing a light heavyweight match? Will Kampmann be healthy enough to compete for a title shot soon? Does he have a chance when 100% healthy. I'm at a loss, and I wonder if Joe Silva is too.

deeznizzies
09-23-2007, 12:37 AM
gono is coming in and hopefully with a win he can jump in the picture too. might make for some interesting fights...

i think the ufc really lost out on kang but there's still others out there...

akiyama would be cool depending on his situation with K1, misaki is good and shit maybe even bring back trigg at 185.

the mw division definitely is the weakest.. they need to acquire some names and soon.. i don't want to keep watching frankin get his ass kicked. i think he's a nice guy.

The Peacemaker
09-25-2007, 07:53 PM
I would imagine Hendo would get the winner os Siva-Franklin 2,but after that you are correct.Not much depth in that division!Maybe the" prodigy"will come up in weight to kick some ass!

DOCTOR
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I agree with Rogan, and think Bisping should try dropping down to MW. With the LHW division where it is, Bisping doesn't have a chance. He should try dropping 20 lbs and see what he can do.

Also, I really like Okami, but he needs to learn to finish. He's gonna have a hard time getting a title shot if he always leaves it up to the judges.

Another name could be Robbie Lawler. I don't know what his contract status is, and/or his relationship with the UFC, but he's still a good fighter and could be a contender.

eazye76
09-26-2007, 04:51 PM
Paulo FUCKING Filho!!!! I have no idea why he isn't in the UFC, it makes no sense.
Hendo should get the next shot, and they really should have brought in Kang. with the lack of depth at MW, we might be looking at Leben somewhere down the road.

Clint
09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Paulo FUCKING Filho!!!! I have no idea why he isn't in the UFC, it makes no sense.
Hendo should get the next shot, and they really should have brought in Kang. with the lack of depth at MW, we might be looking at Leben somewhere down the road.
Filho won't fight Silva, so he went to WEC.

Frasedog
09-26-2007, 06:01 PM
You know, this division has fallen apart recently. Seems just a year ago it seemed pretty stacked with good up and coming fighters. There is some real sorting out to be done with guy's like Swick, Okami, Jason Macdonald, Martin, Leben, Marquardt, all clumped together with no one standing out as a front runner.

The Deftone
09-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Leben just had a win.....Give him a rematch with Silva after the franklin fight....:punchsmilie:

lol

eazye76
09-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Leben just had a win.....Give him a rematch with Silva after the franklin fight....:punchsmilie:

lol
If they don't add some talent in the division Leben will get a shot eventually by default. I don't think he's close to ready for Silva again though. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Anderson take him out again, but imo it woudn't be very competitive. - Maybe give Leben the loser of Franklin/Silva.

the dazzle
09-27-2007, 03:08 AM
it would be great if Hendo moved down and unified the title. i wouls also love for Kang to be in the mix. the MW division is lacking some serious talent IMO.

kingrobert
09-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Didnt Dana blast Kang in an interview saying he wasn't a good fighter or something?? I dont know why UFC didnt sign him. Dana can be such a shithead sometimes. He needs to go out and get more talent for this divison.

skeemin
09-30-2007, 06:21 AM
theres lots of LWHs that could be great MW fighters... I think Shogun, Hendo, Alexander, Bisping would light up 185. Marquardt, Leben, Cote and hopefully some day GSP coming up from 170, that would be unreal