PDA

View Full Version : Diego V. Penn or Koscheck

BigJoe111
08-19-2006, 06:08 AM
I would love to see either of these fights, I think we now have to look at Sanchez as a championship level challenger, but I also think either Penn or Koscheck stand a great chance at beating him. Koscheck because of his superior wrestling and vastly imporved standup. Penn becasue of those wicked submissions and the positions he can throw them from. What do you all think?

killerinstinct
08-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I think that Kos would win a rematch.Last time they fought it was very close match and I think Kos has improved more than Diego since then.I don't like Kos ,but he's improved leaps and bounds since TUF1 and is looking impressive.He's a real sleeper at WW.

BJ Penn would destroy Diego.Diego's good ,but not on Penn's level.

AJL416AZ
08-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Penn all day against Diego. i deeply wish to see this fight

as for Kos
i would go with Diego. until Kos beats top-level competition, i stick with Diego. Kos has talent, and much better standup, but until he beats some higher competition at WW, like Riggs, Karo, or Fitch, he hasnt showed enough of it yet. Goulet is nowhere on the upper level of WWs

j-rock
08-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Penn beats both of them.

paintstik
08-22-2006, 05:04 AM
The Diego-Kos matchup would be quite interesting now. Curious to see how the new and improved Koscheck fairs against top competition. I consider Diego just that after impressing me against Karo(whom I had picked to destroy Diego).

matto
08-22-2006, 02:10 PM
both so impressive, hard decision. but kos is a way better striker now, on the show he was just a great wrestler and even did good then but now he is great, he beat john goulant who dominated the luke cummo, who is highley overated.

djpowers33
08-22-2006, 06:06 PM
If I were betting on this fight I would have to take Diego. Koscheck looks much improved and is no longer just a wrestler, he is a well rounded mma fighter. That being said, he hasn't seen the level of competition that Diego has which gives Diego the edge over him. Diego really surprised the hell out of me how well he was able to strike and transition in the fight against Karo. He's the real deal now. :devil:

Beatts35
08-22-2006, 09:04 PM
I love Penn he is a great mma fight and a sub king. but he doesn't have the conditioning to go the distance with kos or diego, a fast pace non stop match, Penn is gassed halfway through the first round. he is to soft and cocky so his cardio is anything but super. Shit Jens has called him out at a catch weight, and Penn has not responded.

Kos Diego "II" that would be great to see the new updated sleeker v2.0 of each of these guys fight. I thought Kos beat diego in TUF 1. Sure Kos had alot of swelling and purple in the'ol face, but that aside he beat Diego. and I'ld love to see him make Diego 18-1. I think we could see this fight within the year... first Diego will get Penn than the winner of hughes gsp for the title(rubber matches aside). kos will get parisian and then fight the looser of whoever fights diego (if diego wins his title shot) KOS UFC WW CHAMP LATE '07 EARLY '08... you heard it here first. or i could be wrong and penn fights kos and than diego and kos fight to be #1 contender to fight gsp or hughes

AJL416AZ
08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
well Penn is still a top contender at 170. he has one scheduled fight at 170 at the next UFN, and a possible title fight if GSP is too hurt.

you can say that GSP, one of the most athletic fighters in MMA, who pushes the pace to a degree that would gas anyone else, has better cardio then BJ? alright, thats definitely true

people said that BJ would lose in the long run, he's soft and complacent, blabalbla, when he fought Hughes. when that hit the ground, he tooled him. beat him and opened him up, and choked him out. nobody has ever made Hughes look that bad in a fight before or after that.

BJ would tool Kos or Diego. neither of them have anything on him standing, they would get KTFO. on the ground, both have good wrestling, but his submission game is one of the best in MMA
say what you want about his cardio after fighting one of the most athletic guys in MMA, but it really doesn't mean shit when it doesnt go past the first round

to say that new talent can beat one of the best fighters in MMA, who has beaten not only the WW champion, but the best LW in the world? pure TUF nuthugging

prideFAN
08-23-2006, 08:28 PM
Penn beats both of them.

Well said!:afro: