PDA

View Full Version : Next fight for #1 LHW Contender

Sausage
09-24-2007, 04:20 AM
Does anyone invision a way that the new #1 contender doesnt come out of Rashad vs Tito??

I mean I know its sad, and say want you want about Tito, but he sells tickets, and if Rashad does win, why not give him a shot??

If not one of these guys, who could it be?

duffman83
09-24-2007, 04:46 AM
Actually, I think that the only way the Tito/Rashad winner gets a belt shot is if one or the other finishes the fight. Another lackluster bout won't prompt Silva to put up a title shot. My guess is that we'll see Alexander/Griffin, with the winner there getting the belt shot. With Jardine's latest win, Houston looks totally legit, and Forrest will get pushed up b/c Rua can't be seen to have lost to a non-title contender. This is for the best, because I cannot see TIto or Rashad surviving long against Rampage, who does what they do only better.

nightridaz2
09-24-2007, 08:48 PM
i agree its all griffin now

kylewyzle2005
09-24-2007, 10:54 PM
i think rampage will maintain the belt for awhile.

Sausage
09-25-2007, 01:41 AM
I think Jardine might have little problem with Griffen getting a shot first....

the dazzle
09-25-2007, 04:38 AM
I would have to go with Griffin too. He choked my boy Shogun out, who was at the top of the 205 list =(

LookitsLance
09-25-2007, 07:18 PM
yeah jardine beat forrest...but forrest beat shogun, there are tons of ways to do the title scene and all depends on if rampage wants to defend now or wait awhile

kingrobert
09-27-2007, 01:46 AM
I ready somewhere where Dana said that Rampage wont fight till next year sometime. I would like to see Forrest fight Wandy in Dec by i dont think that cut will be healed enough for that to happen though.

Umbras
09-28-2007, 12:21 AM
I honestly would not like to see Forrest get the next shot, he still has work to do. He has improved a lot since his fight with Tito but he is still a bit sloppy when it comes to in ring tactics and he admitted it in a small interview after the press conference. he has to get away from wanting to bang it out when he could utilize the ground game against opponents who are weak in that category.

I know he likes to give an exciting performance but he has to think about his career as a fighter and not getting himself in the position of losing due to mistakes he can avoid.

I think he should have at least two more fights and keep with his training, he still needs to improve his cardio more and not leave himself open like he did for the elbow Shogun gave him. He looked pretty tired after three rounds and I think he would be in rough shape if he had to go a full five rounds.

I like Forrest a lot and he is one of my favorite fighters but he just is not there yet.

Sausage
09-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Umbras, I agree that Forrest isnt quite ready yet, but that being said, who is?

Umbras
09-28-2007, 03:08 AM
They will have pretty much till next year to work that out, Rampage injured his hand and he is out till then. A lot can happen in the next 3 to 4 months so its a matter of who can step up and show they are ready for the title shot. the only ones that come to mind now are..

Evans-if he can get a decisive win/finish over Tito.

Machida- has the skills but seems to be holding back he needs to let go a bit more.

Wandi-should have at least one or two bouts before he gets a shot and has beaten Rampage int he past but if things get a bit desperate they may need to have this bout when Rampage is healed.

Jardine- had a good bout with Chuck but the fight seemed awkward for them both.

Most of the other fighter in the division need two more wins before they could even get consideration.

leelandk
09-28-2007, 03:12 AM
I think if Wand comes out in December and destroys someone like the "Old Axe Murderer," he will get the title shot.

Sausage
09-28-2007, 03:14 AM
If wand comes out and kills whoever, they might have to.

Umbras
09-28-2007, 03:22 AM
I took a look at the LHW division on the UFC site, the division needs a bit of a clean up. I think the next TUF should be centered on the LHW division just to get some new talent going. I would say it has about a year before most of the contenders have had their shots and you can only have fighters fight each other so many times.

Sausage
09-28-2007, 03:42 AM
that being said Rampage is really a marketable champion, so I dont think they are hurt by him carrying the strap for a while. Having him go a run of Jadine, Forrest, Evans, Tito and Wand would make him a huge star, yet at the same time he would go into each one of those fights a favorite.

Umbras
09-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Tito and Jackson are friends so unless they are willing to put that aside I dont see Tito fighting him any time soon.

Sausage
09-28-2007, 03:56 AM
i would hope they would put it aside for a title match

Umbras
09-28-2007, 04:27 AM
Well Tito does have a new influence in his life beign Jenna "Cadaver" Jaimeson(sp), she could probably have some influence in making this fight happen. she seems to have her hooks sunk deep into Tito and im sure if there was enough money in it she could make it happen.

LookitsLance
09-28-2007, 05:59 PM
i think it will be forrest..who knows though until we see when rampage wants to fight

kingrobert
09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
If Wandy comes out and beats whoever in December he will get the title shot. The last interview Rampage did he said that he wanted to avenge some of his losses witch he got KO'ed twice by Wandy. That would be a very marketable match for the UFC.