PDA

View Full Version : My first BJJ match

Kimuras"R"Us
09-24-2007, 07:10 AM
This is my first BJJ match as promised, since I won I posted it. haha. Not exactly a Noob instructional video, but cut me a little slack huh? I'm the handsome one that has the goofy two colored belt used for scoring purposes.

<div><object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2WdqV0WHb1IJzlvlB"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2WdqV0WHb1IJzlvlB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31urz_bjj-fight_sport">bjj fight</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/fonzi82">fonzi82</a></i></div>

NixHex
09-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Good top control, I thought you were gonna pull off a Kimura on him. You will notice those subs open up more & more with experience. I'm still figuring out when to go for the sub & when to hold position, but it's always safer to just hold position. Definitely heavy on top, and you owned dude's butterfly guard attempts. Congrats!

Monsterman
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats for the win! Good passing and top control. I&#180;m going to my first tournament this saturday. Been sick with a flu for over a month so my cardio really sucks, must win by fast sub or i&#180;ll probably gas. =)
How long have you been training and what weightclass this match is at?

kaiz77
09-24-2007, 09:33 PM
great job man....very nice control!!!......keep up the good work...very good first match!!!....cant wait to see more..

Noob
09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Good job buddy. You looked good, very solid balance.

I've got a tournament coming up in the next few months. I'm going to try and record it. If I can I will post it. We can start a little collection for the diehard Grappling forum regulars.

Kimuras"R"Us
09-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks everyone, your comments and taking the time out to watch were greatly appreciated.

Monsterman, I've been training for about 8 months (2X a week) and I fight around 235 so in most cases the heaviest weight class there is.

To everyone with tournaments coming up I wish you the best of luck and health.

Thanks again.

mcdev88
09-25-2007, 09:10 AM
C'MON MARKO! haha. i had to mute it after a while because i started getting distacted with counting. lol.

good job though man.

Happypants
09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I was waiting for a flying armbar.

Monsterman
09-29-2007, 07:08 PM
Had my first bjj tournament today. I fought at -100.5kg (221 pounds) but weighted only 94kg (207 pounds) so i could have fought one weightclass lower. Also my cardio did really suck as i predicted.
In the first match i took my opponent down, got the side mount and then mount. Then he tried to roll and left his arm open but i hesitated too much and did very sloppy armbar attempt like Lutter against Silva and ended on bottom. Almost got a gi choke even tho i never go for it even in sparring, just slipped under when i was trying to control his poster. I gave up the choke when i felt my arms starting to get tired and he wasnīt tapping even if he looked like a tomato. He then tried to return the favour but i spinned for armbar and tapped him out at 02.45 or something like that.
We had to wait for the finals for over an hour and my body just shut down, also my opponent seemed to be more experienced and technicly better so i couldnīt really even put up a fight. We clinched and armwrestled for 2 or 3 minutes, i blocked a couple of takedowns, gave him my neck in a scramble and tapped out a half way in locked guiljotine.
I have kind of mixed feelings about this experience, happy that i won the first match, even tho i shouldnīt have let him roll me. But the second match i pretty much lost mentaly even before it started and i should have gave my all even when i was tired.
Now iīll focus only on my cardio for the next few months and drop down to 88kg (194 pounds)

kaiz77
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
any pics or video??....love to see it..

Monsterman
09-29-2007, 07:44 PM
any pics or video??....love to see it..

I have the video but it will take me a couple of days to get it posted because i have a new computer witch doesnīt have the right connection for my camera.

kaiz77
09-29-2007, 08:08 PM
cool man....I'll keep checking...

Kimuras"R"Us
09-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Congrats on the win in your first match.

NixHex
09-30-2007, 07:50 AM
Congrats on winning your first match... you'll learn from this and it'll make you better in the future. Look forward to seeing the video.

Monsterman
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks guys! I should get the vid here tomorrow.

Monsterman
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzkpFLx9k-4

Here&#180;s the link to my matches, took a while to get it here but better later than never?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzkpFLx9k-4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mzkpFLx9k-4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Noob
10-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Which one are you? I watched the first 30 seconds but couldn't tell who was who.

Monsterman
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
My opponent has the red belt in the first match, i have it in the second. Not that good quality in the vid, but you should get the general idea what happened. Thereīs also my text version in the first page. =)

Monsterman
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for posting the vid here. Havenīt quite figured that out yet. :grinsmile1:

Noob
10-08-2007, 10:29 PM
My opponent has the red belt in the first match, i have it in the second. Not that good quality in the vid, but you should get the general idea what happened. Thereīs also my text version in the first page. =)

Got ya. I watched it again keeping that in mind. You did a really good job. Good armbar, that guy's arms were just hanging out there for you.

Thanks for posting the vid here. Havenīt quite figured that out yet. :grinsmile1:

Lol, no problem. It's what I do.

Kimuras"R"Us
10-09-2007, 04:38 AM
Yeah really nice armbar thanks for posting!

Monsterman
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks guys! Hopefully iīll be in better condition and less nervous next time so you get to see more action than just one armbar in a 5 min video. =)

kaiz77
10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Hey....if that gets the job done.......do it every time!!!

TriangleChoke
10-11-2007, 06:27 AM
This is my first BJJ match as promised, since I won I posted it. haha. Not exactly a Noob instructional video, but cut me a little slack huh? I'm the handsome one that has the goofy two colored belt used for scoring purposes.
nice job man. Looked like you stayed really heavy on top. He had nothing for you. Next time you have somebody in side control and their neck wrapped up in whichever arm--when u go to mount, prop up with the point of your opposite elbow in the guys stomach when you go to throw your leg over..well, you're not really prop up, but u wanna keep as much weight on him as possible, so just put the majority of that weight on your elbow thats ripping into his gut. it's dirty, but i bet you he wont be stopping the mount then...i'm saying this bc one of our Sr. guys did that to me in my class last night...i got a nice round bruise from the point of the elbow to the left of my bellybutton...hurt like shit too. lol try it next time