PDA

View Full Version : Week 3

eazye76
09-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to offer up a couple of opinions, and see what everybody else thought about week 3 in the NFL. Sorry to write a novel but there is some pretty good knowlege in there.

Any feedback or opinions are welcome.

Buffalo/NE - NE is fucking good, but does anyone else think it's a little more than a coincidence that they have a habit of hurting the other teams big time players. Paul Posluszny got his arm broken, and Lossman was taken out by a shot in the leg by Vince Wilfork. Being in the same division the Pats obviously benifited by injuring these guys. Also SD LB Shaun Phillips seems to get hurt whenever the two twams play. BTW - Randy Moss is back from the dead.

Indy/Houston - The Texans are the real deal, a lot of big injuries on defense and their best player, WR Andre Johnson was out and they still gave Indy a run for their money. If they had a running game in Houston they would have won, IMO. The Colts better hope and pray that S Bob Sanders can stay healthy because he IS their rush defense. Also why the fuck did Indy draft another WR in the 1st round, If Manning is so good why does he need all those weapons?

SD/GB - Obvously a bad move to fire Marty and an even worse move to hire that bum Norv Turner(bet they wish they had promoted Wade Phillips now). There are no wide-outs in SD, and they lost lineman Shane Olevia(sp?) to injury, so all the defense has to do is put 8-9 guys in the box and stuff LD. In GB they have excelent LB play a solid D-line, and Brett Favre - nuff said.

Arizona/Baltimore - Isn't it weird that the Offense is getting it done in Baltimore and the defense is the problem?

Dallas/Chicago - At this point it is obvious to me that Rex Grossman has incriminating photos of coach Lovie Smith. Rex was awful, there is really not much more to say. Does Smith not realize there is something wrong when he must defend his QB in every post game news conferance? Brian Greise is not John Elway but he will not fuck the game up like Rex. Why the hell did the Bears give away Thomas Jones? He was obviously the better back last year, and Benson obviously can't carry the load, even with a stellar offensive line! Dallas on the other hand looked like the best team in the NFC. LB's Demarcus Ware and Anthony Spensor will be all over opposing QB's this season. CB Anthony Henry made some big plays, but also vanished into thin air in coverage a couple of times(otherwise known as pulling a Roy Williams. Speaking of Roy the word of the night - Horse Collar. Oh yeah, the offense wasn't bad at all. I think will see alot more of Marion Barbor in the future too.

Monday Night
It's been awhile since my Titans have played on Monday so I'm pumped. Their playing NO, and I think this will be a good game. I have to pick TN b/c of their running game and defense. The Saints will rely heavilly on the pass since the Titans will shut down the run. TN has a nasty D-line and CAN stop the run. The key to stopping the NO rush attack is to take Mcallister out of the game since Bush can't run between the tackles. He might still be a recieving threat, but his rushing is completely neutralized when Deuce can't do anything.
The interesting match-up here is the NO WR's againt TN's secondary. S Chris Hope is a bad man, and shows subtle flashes of Ed Reed. I'm not sure if CB Courtland Finnegran(SP?) is going to be able to play, but if he can't our 1st round pick Michael Griffin(see my AV) will have to step up. I also think the TN front 7 will harass Breeze all night and open up oppurtunities for CB Nick Harper. The NO offense is obviously pretty good, but other than DE Will Smith, i'm not worried about their defense.

TN - 27-17.

Thanks for reading, any comments are appreciated.

kylewyzle2005
09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
im goin for dallas cowboys all the way!

eazye76
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
im goin for dallas cowboys all the way!
Unless the Bears pull something out of their ass, or make a QB change that's a good bet. I'm not sure anybody is going to beat the Pats though.

*EDIT* Bears benched Grossman earlier tonight - The reign of Brian Greise has begun.

SgtFrenchy
09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Damn I'm just glad my Raiders won at least 1 game this year. What a screwed up QB situation they have.:banghead:

Frasedog
09-24-2007, 04:08 PM
What a horrible week for me in the football pool. I went 6-9. I picked the Bears, fool that I am. I won't make the mistake of picking against Dallas again. Only high point for me was that my Jets won.

SgtFrenchy
09-24-2007, 07:20 PM
With all these upsets going around maybe you should go for the Raiders!

MR_president
09-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Well i went two and 0 for this week!!!! and im 500 dollars richer yeppe thanks titans and cowboys!!

Frasedog
09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
Good deal. Do you bet online? There used to be a sit called "bet on sports". I don't know if it's still going or not.

Macgyver
09-25-2007, 11:27 AM
SD/GB - Obvously a bad move to fire Marty and an even worse move to hire that bum Norv Turner(bet they wish they had promoted Wade Phillips now). There are no wide-outs in SD, and they lost lineman Shane Olevia(sp?) to injury, so all the defense has to do is put 8-9 guys in the box and stuff LD. In GB they have excelent LB play a solid D-line, and Brett Favre - nuff said.

I kinda slightly disagree with your assessment of the Chargers. I know Gates is a TE but he is basically a Wide-out. Between Gates, Vincent Jackson (and Eric Parker when he comes back), LT out of the backfield, their offence will be fine. Based on the fact that they've faced Green Bay, Chicago, and NE (3 sick D's), I'm not ready to give up on them yet.

I think will see alot more of Marion Barbor in the future too.

I really hope that they start getting Barbor more touches. I think he is a beast and is significantly better than Julius Jones.

Great post all around. Rep'd.

eazye76
09-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I kinda slightly disagree with your assessment of the Chargers. I know Gates is a TE but he is basically a Wide-out. Between Gates, Vincent Jackson (and Eric Parker when he comes back), LT out of the backfield, their offence will be fine. Based on the fact that they've faced Green Bay, Chicago, and NE (3 sick D's), I'm not ready to give up on them yet.
Yeah, I think I may have overreacted a little about the Chargers, the schedule so far has been a bitch. I'm looking at the rest of the schedule now and it's not so bad. The AFC West doesn't look as tough as they did before the season, SD shouldn't have much of a problem there, except the game at Den. They have to play the colts, but they match up really well, and should win. I think it's completely possible they win 12 games. That's enough to win their division, and probably good enough to get that second seed in the playoffs(behind NE of course), depending on what the Steelers do the rest of the year.

I really hope that they start getting Barbor more touches. I think he is a beast and is significantly better than Julius Jones.
I thought Barbor should have been the premier RB since last year. He's a guy that can pound the ball, and wear down the Defense.
You a Dallas Fan?

Macgyver
09-25-2007, 02:39 PM
I'm a 49ers fan, I'm not allowed to like Dallas whatsoever!! But I really like Barbor...to me he's not a Cowboy...he's a Golden Gopher!!

I don't think the Chargers will get the 2nd seed. I agree with the AFC West not being as strong....but Denver has the ability to win games (not consistently) and the Chiefs are a completely different team at home.

The Colts and Steelers will battle it out for the 2nd seed. They are both playing too well right now. It's a shame that they don't play each other.

The big question is who will get the wild card...I'm guessing Chargers/Broncos (one will win the division, the other will get the 1st wild card spot). I'm going to go on a limb and say that your boys, Tenessee, will get the other spot. Who do you think?

I'm assuming your a fan of Tennessee?

eazye76
09-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah, big TN fan, super pumped about last night, it just sucks that the year we finally get good again everybody else in our division has gotten good.

I was on the Denver band wagon big time before the season, but they have had a lot of injuries. I'm also starting to wonder if the two guys that passed away in the off season is hurting their play. I like the guy and I really hate to even bring it up, but Travis Henry is one failed drug test away from a 1 year suspension(not too far fetched, he's already got caught twice).

I know how bad Norv Turner sucks, but with all that talent and surely they can do something. I think Larry Johnson got paid and then got comfortable, so I have to give that division to the Chargers, and the wild card to Den.

I'm bias cause I hate the Colts, but I think the Steelers are better, and in a weaker division. The Steelers have the tools to execute the blueprint to beat Manning - which Imo is good linebackers and an overall good pass rush to get in his face all day.

I will agree about TN getting the second wild card spot, unless Colts S Bob Sanders gets hurt again this year. Sanders is the key to their run defense, and without him the division is up for grabs.

BTW - Rex Grossman officially lost his job today. :dancingmachine:
I'm a TN Vols too, and I hated that fucker since he was at Florida.

Macgyver
09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Grossman is the biggest sausage QB around. It's about time that they give him the hook. Seems like he has some (very little) skill, but he just hasn't shown any improvement whatsoever!!

Funny that you don't like the Colts. I would think that any Vols fan would automatically be a Colts fan because of Peyton (you just proved me wrong!).

eazye76
09-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Grossman is a joke, I have no idea how he could keep his job for so long. Benching him is without a doubt the best thing for the team, but it might also work out for Grossman. Raven QB Kyle Bollar was in about the same situation, when he got benched, and now he's playing a little bit and looking better. Shitty thing for the Bears is they finally made the change and their defense is a shell of itself b/c of major injuries in all 3 layers(including 2 linebackers).

I used to love Peyton at UT, and even Indy, I had an orange #16 jersey and a #18 blue jersey, when they started to domiante the Titans that all changed. Plus he's way too damn arrogant. I did break out the Colts Jersey for the superbowl last year though - I had to pull for Peyton over Grossman.

On a side note, what the hell happened to Drew Breese? He's starting to look like the old Breese, and that's not a good thing. Maybe the Saints need to bring in Phillip Rivers to motivate him. lol.