PDA

View Full Version : The Ulimate Fighter....

jrod17
09-25-2007, 02:15 AM
So now..that the guys from the first season and beyond are performing and convincingly beating world class opponents in the octagon....is TUF a credibly show now...

kenny florian over din thomas
chris leben over terry martin
nate quarry over pete sell
nate diaz over junior
jardine over liddell
forrest over shogun

EXCEPT..fitch beating diego

Ive been watching this show since the first season..and ive been hearing people bashing the fighters that are winning saying that they can't with guys who don't get the quick rise of a television..and now i guess it's fair to say that they should be getting some respect..

Ramma
09-25-2007, 02:21 AM
you forgot Serra beating GSP (it kind of counts. Gabe Rudiger and Joe Lauzon had past fights in the UFC).

And I see nothing wrong with TUF Alumni.. I never gave any of them crap for coming off the show.

ghosttown
09-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Someone just started the TUF hate and most people just follow along to be cool. There is nothing wrong with those fighters, and hopefully now that they are beating top opponents people will realize alot of them are the real deal.

finley
09-25-2007, 02:41 AM
Kenny Florian is a great LW and he took it to Sherk for 5 rounds, but don't but much weight on his win against Din Thomas. He did win, but what led to him winning was Din blew his knee out. Din had taken little damage, went for the take down and his knee blew. Din couldn't walk after the fight and Kenny did nothing to affect Din's knee.

ghosttown
09-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Kenny Florian is a great LW and he took it to Sherk for 5 rounds, but don't but much weight on his win against Din Thomas. He did win, but what led to him winning was Din blew his knee out. Din had taken little damage, went for the take down and his knee blew. Din couldn't walk after the fight and Kenny did nothing to affect Din's knee.

I agree, I'd say it was even up until that point. Of course I had money on Din lol.

jrod17
09-25-2007, 02:56 AM
I knew someone was going to pick up on the SERRA thing but oh well...i juts took examples from the last two shows..cuz almost all if not all won their fights

rivethead
09-25-2007, 02:57 AM
Some TUF alum are credible fighters, some are not, and a couple I still have questions about. But I wouldn't characterize the products of the show either way...like any diverse group of people, you're going to get a mix.

rh

koolaidx
09-25-2007, 03:11 AM
People love to bash the TUFers but the fact is unlike most guys in the ufc you get to see them develop. Most guys come into the ufc already in their prime. These guys come in young and ready to learn. Season 4 guys I don't really count. Serra was a good fighter before the show, so was Din. But the 1-3 cast were young and got the chance to train with guys they may never have gotten to if not for the show.