PDA

View Full Version : Injury Healing Time

FDVToad
09-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Hey guys, two weeks ago while practicing knife evasion drills in the park, while I was moving laterally to the left, I felt like something hit my knee (nothing did), and my leg just buckled. I didn't really have any pain on the knee, and when I got up, I was able to walk with very minor discomfort, only I couldn't move in anything other than a straight line, or go down stairs without feeling like my leg was going to give away...i can walk around ok, but I still have not got back any mobility needed for footwork, and I have to move laterally very gingerly...

Now I'm just wondering what sort of time does it usually take various sorts of knee injuries to heal up without surgery? Can't afford a doctor, and I figure they would have just told me to take it easy...but I'm itching to go back to training...

I would like to hear what any of you guys have gone through, and what you did to help it along. Any info you guys can share would be appreciated, regardless of what type of injury...us poor people have to get by any way we can. Thanks.

sandywh
09-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of ligament dammage. It could and like is some combination of ACL / PCL / or MCL srpain or tear. Either of them could be just mildly uncomfortable. If its a tear, you'll never regain proper mobility without sugery. If its just a strain, it should start healing in a another week or two (4 weeks from day of injury). If you have stiffness in the joint its most likely a sprain (swelling) If its a tear, the pain is a little higher, but the joint will feel noticeably looser, and the swelling subsides quicker.

You should at least see a physician to find out the severity of the damage before figuring out how you are going to go about avoiding sugery.

This is just my opinion and shared knowledge. I'm not a doctor.

but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

FDVToad
09-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the info. So far, from what everybody's been telling me, it sounds like a sprain...and if it was a tear...I don't think I could have walked away from the site without help like I did...meh...just gonna wait and see...doctor's bills are ridiculous...

Next time some one comes at me with a knife, I'm just gonna stab him first...