PDA

View Full Version : What to bring to a live EVENT

euchner
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Got my UFC 77 tickets, row L on the floor, the day fight club members could pre-orderd. Since this is my first UFC live event, is there a couple of must brings, I'm thinking camera, paper & pen (autographs for my kids of course), and unsure about a small, pocket sized, binoculars, b\c we'll be back 30-40 feet?
Part two: For thous who have been to multiple events have you been able to move up to better seats in the early matches, then move back when caught or the crowds show up. Have you seen or known the UFC security to throw people out for this infraction?
Thanks

Unreal
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
other than the marlboro pack filled with joints i think you got everything :devil:

lzrdqueen01
09-25-2007, 11:12 PM
other than the marlboro pack filled with joints i think you got everything :devil:

GOOD idea!! LOL!

warrior06
09-25-2007, 11:27 PM
You pretty much have it euchner.

With the seat on the floor I don't think the binocs will be as useful, but they may be a good option to have if they don't take up much pocket space, like in some cargo pants.

You will need money and your camera should be digital with zoom and resolution being important for great pictures.

Moving up may work, just watch for the VIP security areas/personnel.

IMO Row L/12 is about 50-60 feet back from the base of the cage.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3427/picture044pv9.th.jpg (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture044pv9.jpg)

Is you save the picture from here: http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture044pv9.jpg
This is from the 1st bout of the night @ 76
Open it with a picture program and you can zoom in accurately.

libertine1
09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
you pretty much have it all listed dude

did anyone else find it hard to choose to watch the screens or the cage for some fights?

my seats were pretty shitty granted(wasnt paying more for ufc72's card)

dwayne1861
09-25-2007, 11:58 PM
I would say for sure to bring the binocs if you have room for them. For instance, watching the in between round fighters activities in thier corners, checking out the other fighters that is always in the stands, and lastly, the ring girls!!!:grinsmile1: Enough reason yet? Have fun dude, wish I was there also!

Unreal
09-26-2007, 12:27 AM
man why doesnt the ufc come back to puerto rico?! i know people started throwing chairs and crap at each other at ufc 8 but it doesnt mean we will do it again!!! ;)

seriously though, i really want them to come here but i think people here are to violent to watch mma. im not saying mma leads to violence but if your violent mma isnt for you.

mcdev88
09-26-2007, 12:29 AM
i am also going to ufc 77. do you see very many fighters? get a chance for autographs or pics?

Bullock
09-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Here is the stuff I am bringing:

1.) Marijuana
2.) MMANews/No Mercy/TTR Shirt
3.) Camera
5.) Beer money

Bullock
09-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Brownies are better for events cuz you eat them and then by the time you are at ur seat Kablammo!

libertine1
09-26-2007, 01:08 AM
you'll meet fighters if you have decent seats
or if you go to weigh ins etc

i met marcus davis on a beer run
very pleasant guy
think he was scared of me tbh ;)

mcdev88
09-26-2007, 01:40 AM
you'll meet fighters if you have decent seats
or if you go to weigh ins etc

i met marcus davis on a beer run
very pleasant guy
think he was scared of me tbh ;)
ok so my seats are the $100 seats. good enough?

Bullock
09-26-2007, 02:02 AM
No, not good enough, lol.

Your best bet is going to be to drop $65 bucks for a UFC Fight Club Premium Membership and go see the wiegh-ins. The Fight Club section is right in the front, and that is the only section the fighter's really go to during the weigh-ins. Plus, after the weigh ins there is normally a special autograph siging/ meet and great for Fight Club Premium members.

I am going to try and get a premium membership so I don't miss out this time.

mcdev88
09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
No, not good enough, lol.

Your best bet is going to be to drop $65 bucks for a UFC Fight Club Premium Membership and go see the wiegh-ins. The Fight Club section is right in the front, and that is the only section the fighter's really go to during the weigh-ins. Plus, after the weigh ins there is normally a special autograph siging/ meet and great for Fight Club Premium members.

I am going to try and get a premium membership so I don't miss out this time.
i was gonna do that but i cant make it to the weigh-ins. i live 5 hrs away and wont be in cinci til sat. :(

Bullock
09-26-2007, 02:37 AM
I live in Toledo so I think we are going to have to go down on Fri for the weigh-ins, get a hotel, and then go to the event Sat.

Or maybe I will just skip the weigh ins, I dunno yet.

Clint
09-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Brownies are better for events cuz you eat them and then by the time you are at ur seat Kablammo!
But then you have to take more brownies with you because you'll have the munchies and nothing fixes the munchies like another brownie of course this leads to more munchies.....Damn viscous cycle.

Bullock
09-26-2007, 02:56 AM
It really is, lol.

I ate brownies at the UFC 68 weigh ins and I was high for a couple of hour w/ a nice body buzz. Couple that w/ a quick bowlie and ZOOOM!

Clint
09-26-2007, 03:29 AM
It really is, lol.

I ate brownies at the UFC 68 weigh ins and I was high for a couple of hour w/ a nice body buzz. Couple that w/ a quick bowlie and ZOOOM!
lol I used to go to our highschool football games with brownies to eat. They were more fun that way.

Like I've said before though I can't be anywhere near it with my TS, unless they ever legalize the shit.