PDA

View Full Version : How Dana is Hurting MMA

FFFRpickup
09-28-2007, 01:49 AM
I read an article here on the site and Dana was saying it's too bad chuck lost, now the chuck/silva fight may never happen. Dana also said that it would have been a huge payperview so maybe chuck will fight shogun instead.

I believe that Dana is fucking things up here and is hurting MMA. THE FANS have been waiting for this fight for YEARS....and the UFC won't put it together because they want the big payout! The big payout option is gone once chucky lost he belt and vanderlei's chin has left him out to dry. Get the fight going before chuck retires and vanderlei gets knocked out again. HECK...they both lost their last two fights and I say NOW is the time to get the fight on!..before it's too late.

my opinion.

Sausage
09-28-2007, 02:45 AM
True, and yet while we want to see the fight, no one can deny that it has lost a lot of its luster, and if they do have it, whoever would lose this fight would have a hard time ever being considered a contender again

Umbras
09-28-2007, 02:48 AM
Chuck needs a win before this fight can happen, he seemed awkward against Jardine he didn't defend the kicks and Jardine hit him after each one. This was chucks style of fight, unfortunately for Chuck he just didnt seem to be able to get past Jardine's offense.

kingrobert
09-28-2007, 03:27 AM
I think its a good thing for Chuck if this fight doesnt happen. Jardine really took it to Chuck in the 2 and 3 rounds. With the way Chuck looked Wandy would KO him in the first found. Wandy is a way better striker then Jardine.

matto
09-28-2007, 03:39 AM
dana says and thinks a bunch of stupid shit all the time, wouldnt expect anything else.

OMNIpotus
09-28-2007, 03:53 AM
With inflated weight classes (amount of people in them I mean) and the acquisition of Pride, I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing Superfights again. Chuck vs Wanderlei can still happen, but I think we need to make it what it actually is and have it just be an exhibition. That's what Henderson vs Rampage should have been... unification kind of belittles Pride whereas a Superfight exhibition could have just been fun.

Severn
09-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Dana isn't ruining MMA because of him not booking one particular fight. This is the second time at fight was on the line if Chuck won. Nothing like having the booking powers in your own hands but he lost twice (Rampage and Jardine). I don't know where Chuck's head is at right now anyway. He said he was going to hit the gym on Monday.

That means same old, same old Chuck.

L. Ron Hubbard
09-29-2007, 02:03 AM
Dana isn't hurting MMA.

Kris Kringle
09-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Dana is not ruining MMA. Think about it this way. If Chuck fights Wand in December and loses what is next for him. He just lost 3 fights in a row, some of that rock star power he has will be gone. If they don't fight now an Chuck wins his next fight, maybe then. Dana knows another loss to Chuck right now would be devastating for his career.

Unreal
09-29-2007, 02:55 AM
Dana isn't ruining mma, hes about to bring in fedor to fight randy, and hes gonna pay him almost 2 million dollars per fight with no guarantee of a good performance. how the hell can you complain about dana wanting to make more money????

its really easy to sit down and point to all the super fights that you could make in the ufc, but when you have to run more than 14 shows a year with fighters who cant fight ppv after ppv, and even worse you dont know whos going to win and how long are they going to be out for, it can get complicated. so chill out with the dana hating

FFFRpickup
09-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Dana isn't ruining mma, hes about to bring in fedor to fight randy, and hes gonna pay him almost 2 million dollars per fight with no guarantee of a good performance. how the hell can you complain about dana wanting to make more money????

its really easy to sit down and point to all the super fights that you could make in the ufc, but when you have to run more than 14 shows a year with fighters who cant fight ppv after ppv, and even worse you dont know whos going to win and how long are they going to be out for, it can get complicated. so chill out with the dana hating

guys don't get me wrong......dana is not hurting MMA on a regular basis, in fact it's obvious that he is helping MMA BUT in this instance i believe he is hurting it. the reason...he is puttin money way beyond what the fans want. he says IF chuck won...please....what about wandy...he lost two in a row....so both of them should get to fight total bums then we can see the fight we've been waiting for for years.
I just think dana makes it painfully clear that in order for this fight to happen chuck HAS TOO be at his peak ppv buying power before the fight will happen. i think that actual fight records should count way more than fan appeal. They are both ranked lower in the rankings now they both have lost two in a row...how long do we wait for thenm to be at their KILLER bests? chuckys time is passing buy and wandy seems tentative now in his fights.
If dana wanted to attemt to draw 3 million buys from the PPV he's one LHW belt and years late. This chuck /wandy fight will NEVER have the draw dana wanted years ago and it may never as chuck is getting older and has lost the mental edge on his opponents (being knocked out and decisioned back to back)

my opinion.

Bowie
09-30-2007, 05:26 AM
Dana's not ruining MMA. Get over it.

FFFRpickup
09-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Dana's not ruining MMA. Get over it.

ruining? do you actually know how to read text or is your gerble translating for you? If you had somebody to stomach your ignorance they would read to you what i said...hurting MMA for waiting for the perfect time to get the chuck/wandy fight on to make the maximum cash. In fact I said that and i quote from my post "guys don't get me wrong......dana is not hurting MMA on a regular basis, in fact it's obvious that he is helping MMA BUT in this instance i believe he is hurting it."

so learn to read and then come back and make some sense. and oh ya....i am over it....i haven't actually lost sleep due to dana white's decisions.

thank you.

skeemin
09-30-2007, 05:52 AM
dana is by no means hurting MMA but i do agree that he has too much control over MMA... is it just me or does anyone else think he has too much power??

FFFRpickup
09-30-2007, 01:55 PM
dana is by no means hurting MMA but i do agree that he has too much control over MMA... is it just me or does anyone else think he has too much power??

i do.

Unreal
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
guys don't get me wrong......dana is not hurting MMA on a regular basis, in fact it's obvious that he is helping MMA BUT in this instance i believe he is hurting it. the reason...he is puttin money way beyond what the fans want. he says IF chuck won...please....what about wandy...he lost two in a row....so both of them should get to fight total bums then we can see the fight we've been waiting for for years.
I just think dana makes it painfully clear that in order for this fight to happen chuck HAS TOO be at his peak ppv buying power before the fight will happen. i think that actual fight records should count way more than fan appeal. They are both ranked lower in the rankings now they both have lost two in a row...how long do we wait for thenm to be at their KILLER bests? chuckys time is passing buy and wandy seems tentative now in his fights.
If dana wanted to attemt to draw 3 million buys from the PPV he's one LHW belt and years late. This chuck /wandy fight will NEVER have the draw dana wanted years ago and it may never as chuck is getting older and has lost the mental edge on his opponents (being knocked out and decisioned back to back)

my opinion.

that all sounds really nice and all, trust me you're not the only one who wants to see wandy vs chuck. but if the fight happened and chuck lost again, what would you do with him?? you do realize chuck is preety much the face of the UFC for the casual fans, if he lost again he might have to think about retiring. And if Silva lost, then it would mean another highly paid Pride fighter who does not perform how hes expected, and he would also have 3 loses in a row.

This fight is not meant to happen, not right now at least.

FFFRpickup
10-01-2007, 03:52 AM
[QUOTE=unrealism]that all sounds really nice and all, trust me you're not the only one who wants to see wandy vs chuck. but if the fight happened and chuck lost again, what would you do with him?? you do realize chuck is preety much the face of the UFC for the casual fans, if he lost again he might have to think about retiring. And if Silva lost, then it would mean another highly paid Pride fighter who does not perform how hes expected, and he would also have 3 loses in a row.

This fight is not meant to happen, not right now at least.[/QUOTE

I do realize that chuck is one of the faces of the ufc and if he lost yet again the casual fan would loose interest for sure and also if wandy lost that it would e another pride fighter that didn't "live up to the hype" I really do understand. I've been following ufc and pride for since they first came out.

BUT..dana himself brangs about how it's the fastest growing sport....it's legitament powerfouse of sport...it's this, it's that...but if it's to be a truly a sport regognized by all in the sporting world i feel that they shouldn't protect the "faces of the ufc" and throw bums to pride fighter etc in order to give the casual fans a "false sense of what a truly exceptional fighter is".
dana claims it a sport then throw people in their to fight. dana did say that AA would get a title shot if he won his last fight..AA won..where's his title shot? OH....DANA felt that AA didn't win in strong enough fasion? what the fuck is that? I not a fan of AA, it's just wrong to do that? if a fighter strings together enough wins and nobody else has a better win streak...he should get a title shot...dana sees it otherwise. Dana doesn't want to see silvia put together a win streak either..what's he gonna tell tim silvia when he strings together 4 or 5 wins in a row...." hey TIM you should get the next title fight BUT you don't draw enough PPV dollars...so fight for sweet fuck all.

Dana has built MMA into a giant, that's undeniable...BUT there are situations and desicions he makes that are based only of money.

it's like gary bettman of the NHL telling the atlanta thrashers..." hey guys, i know you guys made it to the stanley cup finals BUT nobody wants to see Atlanta vs the detroit red wings soooo.. It will be the Toronto maple leafs vs the detroit red wings...make it to the finals next year and i'll let you play for the cup...if i'm satisfied with the way you made it to the finals"

rafesparza
10-09-2007, 12:56 AM
I read an article here on the site and Dana was saying it's too bad chuck lost, now the chuck/silva fight may never happen. Dana also said that it would have been a huge payperview so maybe chuck will fight shogun instead.

I believe that Dana is fucking things up here and is hurting MMA. THE FANS have been waiting for this fight for YEARS....and the UFC won't put it together because they want the big payout! The big payout option is gone once chucky lost he belt and vanderlei's chin has left him out to dry. Get the fight going before chuck retires and vanderlei gets knocked out again. HECK...they both lost their last two fights and I say NOW is the time to get the fight on!..before it's too late.

my opinion.

dunno if he's hurting it... he could just be withholding it or making a business decision rather than a fan decision.

don't really know enough to make the call at the moment.

rivethead
10-10-2007, 02:51 PM
You're overlooking the fact that Dana is the guy who went out and signed Wandi, with so many other great talents.

Dana is a promoter, and promoters by nature are pretty slimy, but don't overlook the good things that he's done simply because you don't agree with one decision.

I'd also like to see Chuck at his [rapidly aging, but hopefully in shape and ready to fight] best vs. Wandi at his [comfortable in the transition from ring-to-cage, living in a new country, etc] best, rather than just two guys thrown in a cage.

it's like gary bettman of the NHL telling the atlanta thrashers..." hey guys, i know you guys made it to the stanley cup finals BUT nobody wants to see Atlanta vs the detroit red wings soooo.. It will be the Toronto maple leafs vs the detroit red wings...make it to the finals next year and i'll let you play for the cup...if i'm satisfied with the way you made it to the finals"
Nice analogy, but you're forgetting that neither Chuck nor Wandi is in title contention. So I'd say it's closer to Bettman shifting around divisions during the off season, so that games are more balanced and giving everyone a chance to make it to the playoffs.

rh