PDA

View Full Version : forrest's raw deal.....

FFFRpickup
09-29-2007, 12:50 AM
I think forrest is getting a raw deal...rumors say he will fight vanderlei in dec. He has to basically beat arguably the number two and three lhws in the world to get a title shot. So...what i'm saying... he has to beat both of the guys who demolished rampage to even get a shot at rampage himself! I think he should get a title shot now!

anyone else think the same?

my opinion.

Clint
09-29-2007, 01:02 AM
Meh I understand it since Rampage is out for a bit anyways and Forrest wasn't in the top 10 (atleast most peoples) prior to the win.

You could justify giving him a shot but I think I would rather see him fight wandy first. It just seems interesting, and has a good story to it.

LookitsLance
09-29-2007, 01:22 AM
forrest beats one guy after loosing to both jardine and tito ortiz, i dont think he deserves a shot at the title right away.

finley
09-29-2007, 01:29 AM
Plus it is a good opportunity to build up Wanderlei, which the UFC thinks will be a dominant force in the near future. However I don't see the fight taking place, its too soon after Forrest's last fight plus that cut on his face is going to take some time to heal.

marco47
09-29-2007, 02:05 AM
What about a Wandy vs Houston Alexander fight? They both need a fight and we will be able to tell where Alexander really stands and how Wandy will do in his first fight back after 2 KO losses. I would still like to see a Griffin-Jardine rematch for #1 contendership.

sandywh
09-29-2007, 02:11 AM
What about a Wandy vs Houston Alexander fight? They both need a fight and we will be able to tell where Alexander really stands and how Wandy will do in his first fight back after 2 KO losses. I would still like to see a Griffin-Jardine rematch for #1 contendership.
Wandy / Alexander is a bad idea. Someone would get knocked out. Wandy can't afford another KO loss, and I think Dana is going to try to push Alexander. Wandy / Griffin is a very good match up. Its unlikely that Forrest KO's him. It'll be Griffins "final" test before getting a title shot. No matter who wins, you can argue the title shot. Personally though, I'd want to see Chuck / Silva and Griffin / Jackson for the title.

terriblet
09-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I think forrest is getting a raw deal...rumors say he will fight vanderlei in dec. He has to basically beat arguably the number two and three lhws in the world to get a title shot. So...what i'm saying... he has to beat both of the guys who demolished rampage to even get a shot at rampage himself! I think he should get a title shot now!

anyone else think the same?

my opinion.
I'd be willing to bet if he hadn't of lost to Jardine you'd be right but that was a devastating loss & I'm positive that's why he's not up for a title fight yet. A rematch & win against Jardine certainly would help Forrest out in his quest for a shot @ the LHW Title.

m_babyface_g
09-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Shogun didn't look so tight in that fight against Forrest (who has greatly improved) but I don't think it was a proper showcase of what he can do. I'd like to see a Griffin/Evans match if Evans beats Ortiz but I think it's too eary for a Griffin/Otriz rematch if Tito wins. In that case I think I'd like to see Forrest/Machida, I think that'd be a pretty entertaining fight.

Steel
09-30-2007, 06:32 AM
forrest beats one guy after loosing to both jardine and tito ortiz, i dont think he deserves a shot at the title right away.

Although I think he won the Ortiz fight, that's 2 losses so he should fight one more time before the big dance.

Umbras
09-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Forrest has more work to do before he gets a title shot, he was still sloppy against Shogun as he left himself open for the elbow, his cardio has improved but not quite there for a 5 round fight and he still need to understand that he should not try to slug it out with a fighter who has better stand up then him.

He has improved a lot since his debut after TUF but he still needs more ring maturity imo. He is a tough guy we know he can take punishment but he needs to work on avoiding it and hopefully he gets that training with Randy.

kingrobert
09-30-2007, 09:58 AM
The UFC says Machida is to boring and doesnt want to build him up then they should let him fight Wandy. I personally think he deserves a shot at a top 10 LHW to see how good he really is. Then if Wandy wins he can have that huge money maker fight against Rampage that the UFC is looking for.

Since Tito and Rashad are fighting I think Forrest should fight Dan Henderson if he is going to stay at LHW. I think they should also let Houston Alexander fight Chuck. Then we will see if he is for real or if Chuck is done. It would be a striker vs striker fight wtich im sure Chuck would love.