PDA

View Full Version : why serra will beat hughes...

FFFRpickup
09-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Say what you will but serra will beat hughes. why you ask... i'll tell you.

serra is a little midget tank firehydrant type guy so hughes will not be able to shoot so easily on him. hughes will eat alot of the canvas trying and if serra is aggressive during hughes' attempts serra can really hurt hughes. and even if hughes gets serra down serra should be able to power his way out with his stocky short build.serra hits hard and will beat hughes on his feat. i understand hughes has a reach advantage but eating a few of hughes jabs is an easy task. he will frustrate hughes and hughes will get KOed or subbed. that's where i stand.

my opinion.

sabreclaww
09-28-2007, 09:02 PM
wow...i reallly cant say that i agree with that. Most of Hughes's opponents have had one thing to say about him, win or loose...he's a tank. His neck is so thick and solid, that chocking is nearly impossible (randy couture said that once) . he's incredibly strong and agile for his size. Speaking of size, He dwarfs Serra.
Matt Hughes
Born: Hillsboro, Illinois, USA
Fighting Out Of: Hillsboro, Illinios
Height: 5' 9" (175 cm)
Weight: 169 lbs. (77 kg)
Overall MMA Record (W-L-D): 43-5-0
Strengths: Takedowns, grappling ability, physically strong

Born: Long Island, New York, USA
Fighting Out Of: Long Island, NY
Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)
Weight: 170 lbs. (77 kg)
Overall MMA Record (W-L-D): 16-4-0
Strengths: His ground game is superb with submissions.

HIS only hope is to get on the ground, and squirm into a submit. I get the 'puncher's chance' I really do..but man..I ...I ....there's so much to say!

terriblet
09-29-2007, 02:43 PM
wow...i reallly cant say that i agree with that. Most of Hughes's opponents have had one thing to say about him, win or loose...he's a tank. His neck is so thick and solid, that chocking is nearly impossible (randy couture said that once) . he's incredibly strong and agile for his size. Speaking of size, He dwarfs Serra.
Matt Hughes
Born: Hillsboro, Illinois, USA
Fighting Out Of: Hillsboro, Illinios
Height: 5' 9" (175 cm)
Weight: 169 lbs. (77 kg)
Overall MMA Record (W-L-D): 43-5-0
Strengths: Takedowns, grappling ability, physically strong

Born: Long Island, New York, USA
Fighting Out Of: Long Island, NY
Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)
Weight: 170 lbs. (77 kg)
Overall MMA Record (W-L-D): 16-4-0
Strengths: His ground game is superb with submissions.

HIS only hope is to get on the ground, and squirm into a submit. I get the 'puncher's chance' I really do..but man..I ...I ....there's so much to say!
I agree but Hughes did get choked out by BJ Penn so like you said it's nearly impossible but it is possible.

Clint
09-29-2007, 02:47 PM
My problem with this theory is Serra is honestly built more for 155 than for 170. So there is no way I ca see him out powering Hughes.

Mac
09-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Hughes is going to crush Serra. He doesn't have to be able to shoot to take him down, he can do that from the clinch. He is going to overpower Serra from the start, he may not finish Serra because of his BJJ but he will win.

terriblet
09-29-2007, 02:55 PM

serra is a little midget tank firehydrant type guy so hughes will not be able to shoot so easily on him. hughes will eat alot of the canvas trying and if serra is aggressive during hughes' attempts serra can really hurt hughes. and even if hughes gets serra down serra should be able to power his way out with his stocky short build.serra hits hard and will beat hughes on his feat. i understand hughes has a reach advantage but eating a few of hughes jabs is an easy task. he will frustrate hughes and hughes will get KOed or subbed. that's where i stand.

my opinion.
Hmmm !!! I truly wish you were right about this cuz there's nothing more that I would like to see than Matt Serra steamroll Matt Hughes but I just don't think it will happen I'm sad to say. I see Hughes getting Serra in his patent crucifix & controlling the fight & winning a clear cut decision & maybe even stopping Serra late in the fight. It's makes me sad to think this will be the outcome but I sure wouldn't want to bet my $$$$ any other way.

kingrobert
09-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Hughes will be able to get Serra down. Matt has bad stand up and after watching what Serra did to GSP he we be relentless in his take down attempts. Hughes has been in many tuff fights and isnt stupid. Once he gets Serra down I dont think he'll be able to get back up. Maybe Serra gets lucks and pulls off a sub but i doubt it. Matt is going to get ontop him and just ground and pound or lay there like he did against Lyttle.

Matt Hughes wins a 5 round decision.

skeemin
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
serra is a bad matchup for hughes, if he loses this fight that takes him out of the picture for a while. serra's biggest strength is his compactability, he's real small and knows how to throw hands. im a huge gsp fan and i gotta give it to serra for that crazy ass whippin he put on george. serra's confidence is at a good spot right now and i dont think hughes can get low enough to get serra on the ground. the idea of serra fighting at 155 would be unreal... if his strengeth in WW is being compact if he can cut to LW he'll get the belt fairly quickly, he'd be a fuckin rhinosaurus at 155..

Steel
09-30-2007, 10:14 PM
The only way Serra will win is if he speaks loudly and shoots on Hughes with a debate on religion. The sound of Serra's voice combined with the repetitive nature of said speech will leave Hughes unable to answer.

Otherwise...Hughes is going to take down and throw around Serra at a will.

kylewyzle2005
09-30-2007, 11:40 PM

my opinion.
i would also have to disagree. i think matt is stronger than serra and IMO has better wrestling skills. i think hughes can stand up with serra if he wants, and then when the time is right he will take him down and ground and pound. maybe even submit it.

leelandk
10-01-2007, 01:01 AM

my opinion.

Watch Hughes vs. Sherk, then rewrite the first half of that post.

FFFRpickup
10-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Watch Hughes vs. Sherk, then rewrite the first half of that post.

i understand the body structure of sherk...but sherk couldn't throw a punch to save his life. i keep hearing that sherks boxing is soooo much improved....improved from what..it is still non existant. hughes will have to respect the hands of serra cause they're ok...with a alot of power to boot.

JustInsane
10-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Serra wins by submission in the 1 rd,by rear naked choke!

TravelinMonty
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Serra wins by submission in the 1 rd,by rear naked choke!
Bold predicition

Manofsteel
10-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Serra talks more shit than Hughes ever did. Plus he sells out his teamates after a loss (no pun intended).

It's Balls across the nose for Serra via strikes and much shit talking.

sabreclaww
10-01-2007, 08:16 PM
The only way Serra will win is if he speaks loudly and shoots on Hughes with a debate on religion. The sound of Serra's voice combined with the repetitive nature of said speech will leave Hughes unable to answer.

wow.i've had nightmares about that very same thing..bizarre.

leelandk
10-02-2007, 12:01 AM
i understand the body structure of sherk...but sherk couldn't throw a punch to save his life. i keep hearing that sherks boxing is soooo much improved....improved from what..it is still non existant. hughes will have to respect the hands of serra cause they're ok...with a alot of power to boot.

My point was that Sherk - a superior wrestler whose body structure is similar to Serra - couldn't stop Hughes takedowns, neither will Serra based on his fire hydrant similarity like you stated.

Serra also doesn't have the power or grappling to get out from underneath a good wrestler like Hughes just because Serra is a little stocky dude. Serra has no physical advantage at all in this fight.

I agree Serra has the better hands. More power and technique, but he is not some super striker. People forget how average his standup is because of the GSP punch. Remember his fight with Lytle, his TUF fight with Carter.

Palma
10-02-2007, 01:48 AM
My point was that Sherk - a superior wrestler whose body structure is similar to Serra - couldn't stop Hughes takedowns, neither will Serra based on his fire hydrant similarity like you stated.

Serra also doesn't have the power or grappling to get out from underneath a good wrestler like Hughes just because Serra is a little stocky dude. Serra has no physical advantage at all in this fight.

I agree Serra has the better hands. More power and technique, but he is not some super striker. People forget how average his standup is because of the GSP punch. Remember his fight with Lytle, his TUF fight with Carter.

Are you sure about that? Serra is 20X the grappler Hughes is. I agree that Serra has no physical advantage, but Hughes isn't as strong and powerful as he used to be either.

It comes down to this for me. They both have great cardio and strength, but Serra has more tools to finish the fight. I doubt he will KO Hughes, but Hughes is probably the worst WW striker in the UFC and Serra can box enough to set up a takedown (like he did agaiinst Penn) and he can certainly sub Hughes from their or hold top position and control the fight.

I think Serra should win this. The only thing he doesn't have in his favor is the past and his size.

Dork8503
10-02-2007, 05:15 AM
i think Hughes will take down Serra at will and win a boring dec

jukon
10-02-2007, 05:36 AM
Hughes by spinning back fist.

Dork8503
10-02-2007, 06:22 AM

i would be willing to bet he tries it just to be a asshole

CEVANS
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM

that would be some funny shit

i don;t like both of them,i think it will be a boring ass fight.both on the gound not doing a whole hell of alot could be hughs could be serra but i'll bet its boring

leelandk
10-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Are you sure about that? Serra is 20X the grappler Hughes is. I agree that Serra has no physical advantage, but Hughes isn't as strong and powerful as he used to be either.

It comes down to this for me. They both have great cardio and strength, but Serra has more tools to finish the fight. I doubt he will KO Hughes, but Hughes is probably the worst WW striker in the UFC and Serra can box enough to set up a takedown (like he did agaiinst Penn) and he can certainly sub Hughes from their or hold top position and control the fight.

I think Serra should win this. The only thing he doesn't have in his favor is the past and his size.

20 X the grappler Hughes is? Wonder why Lytle made him look so ordinary then. Either way, we'll find out come fight time. I've never been to high up on Serra's ground game. His takedowns are horrible.

I know he's damned good on the ground, but who is the last fighter he has subbed? Its gotta be at least 4 or 5 years since he won a fight with a submission. And I know he hasn't subbed anyone in MMA on Hughes level. I just can't see him winning this fight unless he catches Hughes like he did GSP.

Palma
10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
20 X the grappler Hughes is? Wonder why Lytle made him look so ordinary then. Either way, we'll find out come fight time. I've never been to high up on Serra's ground game. His takedowns are horrible.

I know he's damned good on the ground, but who is the last fighter he has subbed? Its gotta be at least 4 or 5 years since he won a fight with a submission. And I know he hasn't subbed anyone in MMA on Hughes level. I just can't see him winning this fight unless he catches Hughes like he did GSP.

Because that is what Lytle does and he isn't on Serra's level but he is a really good black belt.

I was just responding to what you said about Serra not being able to get out from underneith Hughes.

I'm not predicting a sub, but Serra does have that capablity. It all depends on his gameplan. As I said before, he has more tools then Hughes with his stand up and his BJJ.

All Hughes ever did was take people down and pound on them until the fight was called or until a submission opened up for him. If you keep him standing his chances of winning are gone as well as keeping out of top control.

Serra can win standing, on top position, or off his back.

Ben Hawkins
10-02-2007, 06:11 PM
If Hughes plays it smart he will wait until Serra gasses in the 2nd or 3rd round and dominated him ala Parisyan.

leelandk
10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Because that is what Lytle does and he isn't on Serra's level but he is a really good black belt.

I was just responding to what you said about Serra not being able to get out from underneith Hughes.

I'm not predicting a sub, but Serra does have that capablity. It all depends on his gameplan. As I said before, he has more tools then Hughes with his stand up and his BJJ.

All Hughes ever did was take people down and pound on them until the fight was called or until a submission opened up for him. If you keep him standing his chances of winning are gone as well as keeping out of top control.

Serra can win standing, on top position, or off his back.

Agreed on most of that. But I still don't think he can get out from under Hughes. He might, might get a reveral in the first if Hughes takes him down, but I think Hughes is gonna tire him out fast. Hughes animal strength wears most guys down. But I could be wrong.

2mcgrath
10-05-2007, 12:12 AM
i strongly disagree that serra will beat hughes.hughes has beaten much better fighters than serra.i see hughes getting in some big slams and the fight getting stopped due to g'n'p.hughes the winner.ill go with 2nd rd.im not sure serra has been in the cage with anyone as strong as hughes is.so hughes imo, will pretty much over power serra.and pretty much do what he wants to do with him

sandywh
10-05-2007, 01:38 AM
Serra wins! Here's why:
- you can't gas him out. never seen him truly gassed
- Hughes can only win with Serra on the ground, Serra wants to be there
- The last BJJ fighter Hughes fought worked him over (Penn)
- Hughes won't "outstrike" Serra
- Serra is not affraid of Hughes
- Hughes has already made post fight plans (who's next, what division)
- Judges are getting better at not awarding fights to guys that just lay n pray

I just don't see Hughes having a clear advantage in any area in this fight. Hughes has an edge in straight wrestling, but sometimes that plays into the hands of a guy like Serra.

Palma
10-05-2007, 01:55 AM
i strongly disagree that serra will beat hughes.hughes has beaten much better fighters than serra.i see hughes getting in some big slams and the fight getting stopped due to g'n'p.hughes the winner.ill go with 2nd rd.im not sure serra has been in the cage with anyone as strong as hughes is.so hughes imo, will pretty much over power serra.and pretty much do what he wants to do with him

Uh, Hughes beat Penn, GSP, and 39 mid to low teir fighters with a few noteworthy name. And most recently he got the living shit kicked out of him by GSP, not to mention a 2 round beating he took from Penn before he finally pulled that out.

Serra lost as close of a decision as you can have to Penn and remember this?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l124/jdhad1/remoteImage-75.gif (lol, that never gets old)

Matt Serra's BJJ accomplishments outweigh allot of things Hughes has done in MMA. Overall, Matt Hughes has a better career but you can't go by that considering Serra has concentrated on another sport as much as MMA.

rivethead
10-05-2007, 08:18 AM
This fight is as big of a win win as Joe Silva has ever offered me.

I really dislike both fighters, so I just want them to go in there and beat the crap out of each other. and it will mean this season of the reality show is over, so maybe I'll be able to watch the next one with the sound on.

I think Serra has more tools to win, but is a tremendous tool himself. I think his fanboys will be insufferable if he wins, so I'll probably avoid the forum if he does. Hughes has bothered me so long, I'm used to it by now, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I give a slight edge to Serra in the fight. Like 2%.

rh

June<3
10-05-2007, 09:05 AM
:laughing4: i just want to see hughes knocked out again haha

billwilliams70
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Hughes by stoppage in the 4th round. He'll take him down, overpower him, get him in that crucifix that he likes so much and end it there. Serra's only choice will be which side of his head he doesn't want to get hit the most.

Later.

CEVANS
10-05-2007, 09:20 AM
This fight is as big of a win win as Joe Silva has ever offered me.

I really dislike both fighters, so I just want them to go in there and beat the crap out of each other. and it will mean this season of the reality show is over, so maybe I'll be able to watch the next one with the sound on.

I think Serra has more tools to win, but is a tremendous tool himself. I think his fanboys will be insufferable if he wins, so I'll probably avoid the forum if he does. Hughes has bothered me so long, I'm used to it by now, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I give a slight edge to Serra in the fight. Like 2%.

rh

agreed 100% can't stand both of them i just want them to fight and get it over with..1 way or the other GSP get's his belt back

blackfox
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Now I havent read over this whole thread but am I the only one who does not give a fuck who wins this fight? Both guys are douche bags, and while they both have their strenghts, they both have their weaknesses. So I could care less, I hope they both just stand and beat the piss out of each other and both fighters become so bloodied it turns out as a draw, and hughs will have to use his "last two , or three fights" fighting serra, just so I don't have to hear them run their cocksuckers constantly about each other.

CEVANS
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Now I havent read over this whole thread but am I the only one who does not give a fuck who wins this fight? Both guys are douche bags, and while they both have their strenghts, they both have their weaknesses. So I could care less, I hope they both just stand and beat the piss out of each other and both fighters become so bloodied it turns out as a draw, and hughs will have to use his "last two , or three fights" fighting serra, just so I don't have to hear them run their cocksuckers constantly about each other.

dude if they have re-matches we have to hear them for the next year or so it will be tito vs ken all over again and i don't know about everyone here ...........wait yes i do no one here wants that

June<3
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM

lol no you are not the only one who thinks they are both douche bags lol
it seems that many people (including myself) really don't care for either of them and just think it is a waste of a fight lol
:grinsmile1:

Palma
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
agreed 100% can't stand both of them i just want them to fight and get it over with..1 way or the other GSP get's his belt back

How is it GSP's Belt? It's Serra's as much as anyones right now. Lossing your first title defense by a tko in the first doesn't warrent much Championship ownage in my eyes.

dofking
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I like both matt hughes and matt serra, so i dont give a fuck who wins. As long as the winner beats the shit out of GSP.

Palma
10-05-2007, 02:35 PM
I like both matt hughes and matt serra, so i dont give a fuck who wins. As long as the winner beats the shit out of GSP.

Repped...

CEVANS
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
How is it GSP's Belt? It's Serra's as much as anyones right now. Lossing your first title defense by a tko in the first doesn't warrent much Championship ownage in my eyes.

he'll get the belt back that's all.dose not matter what matt he fights.

Palma
10-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Yeah, because he won so convincingly against Serra, how could GSP possibly lose with his lay and pray stratagy?

Serra is a bad match up for him on the ground and he probably will be reluctent to strike (like he was against Koscheck). He better hope Hughes wins against Serra.

Afro
10-05-2007, 02:45 PM
GSP is not a given to win his damn belt back

GSP is a better wrestler, better technical striker then Serra.. but its been said over and over and over again, if you lack lateral movement vs a powerful inside striker.. you risk getting KTFO every time.. on top of all this, Serra is world class in BJJ.. could hand GSP a black belt if he wanted to.. he could sub GSP.. its in the relm of possibility.

It is Matt Serra's belt, he deserves it.. but ill say it, GSP should be the fav vs him in a rematch but ill be cheering for Matt, and certainly dont think Matt cant win again.

as for Matt vs Hughes.. Hughes said it best, he cant train like he use to.. he can outwrestle Serra.. but thats all. Serra has two edges in this fight IMO and I think there vital, he can sub Hughes or knock him out.

dofking
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

http://kei.iichan.net/ph/src/1176047767846.gif
http://kei.iichan.net/ph/src/1176047595394.gif
http://kei.iichan.net/ph/src/1176047938405.gif
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/sports/2006/11/14_ufc_med.jpg

On a side note i think Serra and Hughes>GSP (In Grappling).

jkilla374
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

http://kei.iichan.net/ph/src/1176047767846.gif
http://kei.iichan.net/ph/src/1176047595394.gif
http://kei.iichan.net/ph/src/1176047938405.gif
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/sports/2006/11/14_ufc_med.jpg

On a side note i think Serra and Hughes>GSP (In Grappling).

Every time I watch the Serra v. GSP fight it amazes me how patient Serra was.

He knew he had GSP, and he didn't let up, but he didn't get stupid and leave himself open either. He stalked GSP and let rip, but did so intelligently.

GSP better get in a lot of sessions with his sports psychologist before he fights Serra again.

CEVANS
10-05-2007, 03:09 PM
WOW no love for GSP here...........we will see guys we will see

Steel
10-05-2007, 06:51 PM
I think Serra will drop it to Hughes and BJ Penn will come in and take it back once and for all.

It's funny how there was NO love for Serra a few months back..now you'd think he was the best thing sliced bread.

markzabin
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Serra hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter ever, except for GSP, and the only reason why he won is because of "a punchers chance". He has losses to Karo, Din, Bj, even Shonie. The Shonie fight is a perfect example of a punchers chance being used.

Hughes should come in and show the world what he does best. Pick him up and slam him down. Hopefully all the shit he got from Serra from TUF remotivates him to do what needs to get done.

I think that this fight should be fairly close though, the real differance being Hughes size and strength.

+ war gsp

Donny77
10-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Serra hasn't beaten a top 10 fighter ever, except for GSP, and the only reason why he won is because of "a punchers chance". He has losses to Karo, Din, Bj, even Shonie. The Shonie fight is a perfect example of a punchers chance being used.

Hughes should come in and show the world what he does best. Pick him up and slam him down. Hopefully all the shit he got from Serra from TUF remotivates him to do what needs to get done.

I think that this fight should be fairly close though, the real differance being Hughes size and strength.

+ war gsp
Ur right he has never beaten a tp 10 either than GSP. but he has also never been finished either than Carter years and years ago.. Serra is tough and the only way i see Hughes winning is by DEC.

Donny77
10-06-2007, 08:07 PM
I think Serra will drop it to Hughes and BJ Penn will come in and take it back once and for all.

It's funny how there was NO love for Serra a few months back..now you'd think he was the best thing sliced bread.
BJ Penn will come in and take it back once and for all? He gasses at 170, he needs to fight at 155 til for atleast 3 more years while he can still make the cut then come back up when he's more experienced and wont gas.

Duzzer
10-06-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't like either fighter, Matt Hughes has a record that speaks for itself, you have got to respect him for that. Personally, i think BJ and GSP are the top two fighters in the division. Having said that, i strongly favour Hughes for this bout, Serra's little man syndrome could be his downfall in this one.:dancingsmile:

markzabin
10-06-2007, 08:29 PM

yeah he got the nickname "the terra" by his annoying ass voice.

Ur right he has never beaten a tp 10 either than GSP. but he has also never been finished either than Carter years and years ago.. Serra is tough and the only way i see Hughes winning is by DEC.

Tough? Lay and pray type more like. 6 out of his last 7 pro fights went to decision.

Donny77
10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
yeah he got the nickname "the terra" by his annoying ass voice.

Tough? Lay and pray type more like. 6 out of his last 7 pro fights went to decision.
Dumbass, look at Tito he's like that too, and im sure many other guys some point in their career have had similar streaks. The difference is when Serra got his shot he capitalized.

BTW I'm a GSP fan wayyyyyyy more then Serra.. But all this bulshit that Serra dont have a shot against Hughes is ludacris

sandywh
10-07-2007, 12:06 AM

+ war gsp
Have you even seen the Karo, Dinyero, or BJ fights?

If you had, you wouldn't be using them as ammo against Serra. All three of those fights could have gone either way. I personally think Serra won the Karo, and Din fights, and the BJ Penn fight seemed like an absolute draw.

Matt Sera is not some "lucky shot" that won the belt. He has the tools, the talent, the drive, and the opportunity to stay the champion for quite some time.

I don't need to bash Hughes or GSP in order to praise Serra and what he's done. He's his place in that conversation and for anyone to discount him is just silly.

Palma
10-07-2007, 01:38 AM

That's funny because Serra actually works from the ground while GSP just plays with his hands and waits for time to expire. Maybe you should actually watch Serra's fights if you are going to talk shit about so you don't look like a jackass.

Steel
10-07-2007, 02:26 AM
I still say Serra will take Hughes' back and start saying "you're breathing the whole time" and "we've been here before" until Matt taps from Rear Naked Accent.

Otherwise, Hughes will tie him up and win via decision.

markzabin
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
wow such hate... I guess that I really struck a cord in the wrong thread. Any how-

Dumbass, look at Tito he's like that too, and im sure many other guys some point in their career have had similar streaks. The difference is when Serra got his shot he capitalized.

BTW I'm a GSP fan wayyyyyyy more then Serra.. But all this bulshit that Serra dont have a shot against Hughes is ludacris

Tito is kinda the same way, but he did maul Forrest in the first round though, Shamrock fights may or may not count, and he should of beat Rashad. So Tito is kinda exciting atleast sometimes but I never even mentioned Tito in my thread.

And Serra should never have even had the fight with GSP. Wasn't even a top 10 and now he is #1?!! That makes no sence, Forrest is what #7 now after Shogun.

If you had, you wouldn't be using them as ammo against Serra. All three of those fights could have gone either way. I personally think Serra won the Karo, and Din fights, and the BJ Penn fight seemed like an absolute draw.

Matt Sera is not some "lucky shot" that won the belt. He has the tools, the talent, the drive, and the opportunity to stay the champion for quite some time.

I don't need to bash Hughes or GSP in order to praise Serra and what he's done. He's his place in that conversation and for anyone to discount him is just silly.

Serra vs. BJ, was just a bunch of failed take down attempts, but yeah it was one of his better fights.

What I'm talking about is the Lytle fight, off the top of my head. That was a joke of a finale fight. People look to forget that just cause he has a shiny belt on.

As for Serra being discounted, I guess we will let the Hughes fight speak for itself, watch me eat my words on that, sigh...

That's funny because Serra actually works from the ground while GSP just plays with his hands and waits for time to expire. Maybe you should actually watch Serra's fights if you are going to talk shit about so you don't look like a jackass.

GSP may not be dominating as he used to be, but he is still more entertaining to watch then Serra. GSP just needs more experience to truly dominate once more, ie he should have got that armbar on Kos.

Just my opinion, try not to get all your feathers ruffled up. The main point is that I was trying to make is that out of the 10 UFC fights that Serra has, he only finished 2 of them. Personally I like to watch finished fights, not decisions.

2mcgrath
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM

i agree,alot of serra nutthugging since he won the belt.but he wont have it much longer

FFFRpickup
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM

agree totally. If serra has the same killer instinct he had against gsp hughes is in trouble. A confident "fight finisher" serra is scary! Serra stepped up to the NEXT level. scary.

pezz
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I remember a lot of people where talking about serra before the gsp fight like he was some kind of can,I could not understand why ,serra is no joke, no buddy has ever walked through serra i think this fight is going to be a war.I like both fighters but i'm pulling for serra.I just hope hughs don't lay on top of him leaving no space that makes for a boring fight.

Kealoha
10-10-2007, 04:04 AM
I like Sera as a person more than Hughes but bottom line Hughes is a better fighter all around and I just dont see Sera winning .