PDA

View Full Version : Going to my first UFC event

Bogeyman
09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
Sup fellas,

Since the UFC decided to drop by my neck of the woods for # 78, I was hoping to make it my first live event. For the guys who seen the fights live, where do you like to sit? Is it better to watch from up close ( if you are willing to pay for privilege) would the fence and corners hinder the view? Or is it better to sit higher looking down into the octagon?:confusedsmilie:

terriblet
09-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Sup fellas,

Since the UFC decided to drop by my neck of the woods for # 78, I was hoping to make it my first live event. For the guys who seen the fights live, where do you like to sit? Is it better to watch from up close ( if you are willing to pay for privilege) would the fence and corners hinder the view? Or is it better to sit higher looking down into the octagon?:confusedsmilie:
I'd spend as much $$$$$ money as you possibly can to get as close as you can. Like you said they're coming to your neck of the woods(NEWARK) & who's to say if they'll ever be back again,so realistically this might be your
1st & only UFC event that you ever attend. You only live once so if I were you I'd splurge for some supreme seats. Don't get the nose bleed seats & take the chance that you might be second guessing your decision to be cheap forever.

OMNIpotus
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't get as close as I could. From where Dana and Bruce and the other big names sit, it seems like the cameramen are always in their fuckin way. I've never been, but since the cage is elevated and the chairs are on the floor, it just seems like it'd be a pain with all the obstacles unless you sit back a bit on the tiered seating (if that is available). Even Joe and Mike watch the monitors most of the time instead of the match.

When you get back let me know if I'm right.

Bogeyman
09-30-2007, 09:05 AM
Damn u guys for both giving great points I'm lucky that i dont have to make a decision just yet.

OMNIpotus
09-30-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm serious about wanting to know if I'm right. A UFC live event is a place that I'd like to go when it's feasible for me to do so, and I'm really looking forward to your reply. Don't spare any details because I want to know everything. This poor boy from Iowa doesn't get out much =)

LookitsLance
09-30-2007, 06:04 PM
i would think 10 or so rows back would give you a good distance to see the whole cage and catch the fight, ive always wondered how easy it is to see through the cage

Unreal
09-30-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm serious about wanting to know if I'm right. A UFC live event is a place that I'd like to go when it's feasible for me to do so, and I'm really looking forward to your reply. Don't spare any details because I want to know everything. This poor boy from Iowa doesn't get out much =)

that sig is fucking awesome man :lmfao:

OMNIpotus
09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Noob got the vid for me. I want to make it animated but I've been puttin in overtime at work and they won't let me install anything fun on the compy here... seeing as how I only guard a trashcan and all =)

Mohammed
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
From what I haave heard, it really doesn't matter where you are, you still end up watching the big screen for a good portion of the event.

I bought the $100 tix, so I will be seeing it live and ordering it on ppv so that I can come back and watch it w/ commentary and all that good stuff.

Brandon
09-30-2007, 09:42 PM
A buddy of mine at my gym went to the last UFC in ohio with Randy and Tim. He said that when they were standing up he could see good, but as soon as they hit the ground he was watching the big screen. I forget where exactly he sat at, if he's at class this week I'll try and remember to ask him.

If it looks like most of the first are gonna be a standup battle I'd get as close as possible, but if theirs a bunch of grapplers I'd play it safe and not spend too much on tickets.

ETA:Make sure you go to the weigh-ins and autograph sessions to get the whole experience.

OMNIpotus
09-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Good feedback. I'm learning a lot from this thread. And that makes sense, shitty ground view. Do you have to do anything special to get into autograph and weigh-in stuff, is it all part of the ticket price, or what?