PDA

View Full Version : Shogun fighting at middleweight??

skeemin
09-30-2007, 07:12 AM
I find shogun looks pretty soft at 205 and could be more lean at 185. is shogun vs. hendo at MW possibly in the mix?? that would be a very marketable and profitable fight for the ufc... they want star matchups and this seems like a perfect fit

Jory
10-01-2007, 03:24 AM
I would like to see that fight too man, but looking at it from a buisness standpoint, i figure Dana would rather have Shogun stay at light heavyweight in order to include him in more marketable matchups, against Jackson, Liddell, Jardine, maybe a Forrest rematch, and so on. When you think about it, the middleweight division is looking pretty bleak, aside from Anderson and Rich, so there wouldn't be much for Shogun to do after fighting those two. With Shogun being a little softer and Hendo being a smaller LHW as it is, they should just fight in that weight class, if only to keep them available for future highly marketable matchups.

kingrobert
10-01-2007, 03:30 AM
Shogun would be almost unbeatable at MW (that is if he trained). Like it was said though there is really no good fights there for him except for Franklin, Silva and maybe Hendo. I dont think Dana would let him drop down cause of that pluss how much money he is making. Before Shogun signed with UFC I did read an article were he said he wanted to move up to heavywieght in a year or two. Like I said that was awhile ago before he signed with UFC.