PDA

View Full Version : knee injuries

methodjg
10-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Anyone ever get a knee injury where they can't put their knee directly down on the mat.

I don't know how I did it. But last week I messed up my knee somehow. I was rolling and next thing I knew i had this tremendous pain in my left knee while kneeling.

Catch is it does not hurt to open or extend my knee. I could probably go out and run right now. But if I even put my knee down on a couch it hurts.

The area that hurts is my inner knee cap down to the bottom of hte knee cap. IF I put any pressure on that area I can really feel it.

I have had this injury before in my right knee. I dont know what it is.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Have you had this before?

NixHex
10-02-2007, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a bruised knee. It wouldn't hurt while moving it, but it would be very tender to touch. Have you tried a kneepad?

kaiz77
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
speaking of knee injuries......training last night I got my left knee caught up in a scramble.......I was keeping someone from passing and had my right knee fully extended and left knee bent up (sort of like if I had a butterfly hook in)...just keeping distance between me and him.....

well he used to wrestle and lacked much technique so frustrated on my knee being in the way he grabbed my ankle quickly pushed forward while sort of pulling the top of my knees back toward him.......(sort of like a butterfly stretch for just that one side)

you dont have to be a rocket scientist to realize that unless youre eddie bravo...knees dont tend to bend that way..... POP.......and im not walking very well today.....and im pissed cause that whole NAGA thing is comin up in Dec........I pray to God that its not my LCL that snapped.....maybe its just stretched or there was muscle damage er something.....anyone experience this before!? or know how I'd know.....please help me out...Im really bummed bout this one...had ACL surgery on my right knee a couple of years ago....dont have time, patience, OR money to go through something like that again......

why do I always get freakin hurt??????

Frasedog
10-03-2007, 04:45 PM
speaking of knee injuries......training last night I got my left knee caught up in a scramble.......I was keeping someone from passing and had my right knee fully extended and left knee bent up (sort of like if I had a butterfly hook in)...just keeping distance between me and him.....

well he used to wrestle and lacked much technique so frustrated on my knee being in the way he grabbed my ankle quickly pushed forward while sort of pulling the top of my knees back toward him.......(sort of like a butterfly stretch for just that one side)

you dont have to be a rocket scientist to realize that unless youre eddie bravo...knees dont tend to bend that way..... POP.......and im not walking very well today.....and im pissed cause that whole NAGA thing is comin up in Dec........I pray to God that its not my LCL that snapped.....maybe its just stretched or there was muscle damage er something.....anyone experience this before!? or know how I'd know.....please help me out...Im really bummed bout this one...had ACL surgery on my right knee a couple of years ago....dont have time, patience, OR money to go through something like that again......

why do I always get freakin hurt??????
Where does it hurt? I am starting to get knowlegable about knees. I had surgery on my left knee last July, and have been through PT and stuff. About 2 months ago I got caught in a heel hook and sprained my MCL. Only hurt if I planted my foot and twisted (heel in, toe out). Lots of good resources online that may help you figure out what it is and if its serious. Check this site out. http://jointhealing.com/index.html I kow they try to sell braces and stuff, but their injury descriptions are really good and you may be able to match up your symptoms

kaiz77
10-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks man....seems to hurt on the outer side of my left knee......

its starting to feel a lot better already...now just a very intense bruise when I push into that side...or repeat movement in which I hurt it.....(like butterfly stretch)...... ive just been wearing a brace at work in such....Ill be tryin to roll lightly in a couple of hrs.....have to give you another update after that.....

Frasedog
10-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks man....seems to hurt on the outer side of my left knee......

its starting to feel a lot better already...now just a very intense bruise when I push into that side...or repeat movement in which I hurt it.....(like butterfly stretch)...... ive just been wearing a brace at work in such....Ill be tryin to roll lightly in a couple of hrs.....have to give you another update after that.....
Please do (give an update). Hope it gets better soon. Knees suck!

kaiz77
10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
just got done rolling annnddddd.... everything felt pretty good.....
I think that I just sprained my LCL...prob a lil meniscus damage too....but felt pretty good.....I just wore a brace (a little cumbersome but did the trick for now) .....just feels bruised ...but I can deal with that....

just feeling and hearing loud pops are scary!!!! ...esp after one knee surgery.....