PDA

View Full Version : Biggest TUF Loser?

da@LARGE
10-04-2007, 10:14 AM
It's funny that people so often speak of TUF as something that builds careers to often undeserving fighters. But careers have been ruined just as they've been built.

Every season there's at least one guy who embarrasses himself and sabotages his own career. It's pretty obvious who it is this season.

But my question is, who do you think from all 6 seasons embarrassed himself the most?

sodium_nitrate
10-04-2007, 10:28 AM
options?

virtualpurple
10-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Gabe by far.

Andy may have bawled like a little girl, but so did Sammy from TUF 2 when Cummo knocked him out. Andy may have fought a stupid fight, but at least he made it far enough to fight. Gabe showed up way overweight, didn't do shit to try and make the cut in the time prior to getting picked to fight, and then refused to put forth a real effort to cut the weight when he really needed to.

Cake > Gabe.

da@LARGE
10-04-2007, 01:18 PM
options?

Well, just picking one from each season:

Jason Thacker
Mike Whitehead
Noah Inhoefer
Jeremy Jackson
Gabe Ruediger
Jeoy Scarola

Tick
10-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Why is Mike Whitehead on the list... I havent really seen anything from him since TUF, have been curious what happened to him. He looked like a tough SOB.

I would say it is Joey or Noah at he top of the list. Noah probable even more because he won his fight then left. Where if noah didnt leave he would of at the least been on an undercard or two.

Joey lost his fight, but it did seem like Dana liked him, so we would of seen him on some Fight Nights etc...

virtualpurple
10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
yeah, the worst thing Whitehead did was look like a fish out of water against Rashad Evans. He choked in the fight, but I'm not sure he belongs here.

Bobcat1
10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Whitehead had a staff infection around the time of his fight with Rashad. It's not commonly known because Whitehead didn't want to come off as a cry baby.

Dezmatic247
10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Why is Mike Whitehead on the list... I havent really seen anything from him since TUF, have been curious what happened to him. He looked like a tough SOB.

I am pretty certain that Mike Whitehead is now fighting in the IFL at light heavyweight, and last I saw he was doing pretty damn good there too.

He is there with Alex Schoenhaurer..... or however the hell you spell his name.

sandywh
10-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Noah Inhoefer - at least I've all these other guys fight somewhere since the their shows ended.

But a close second is easily Alan Berube (Lobsta). Had he gotten into a decent camp after TUF and trained full-time, he could have had a solid career.

jrube
10-05-2007, 03:42 AM
Gotta be Joey... What kind of man cries.. oh my girlfriend i miss her so much waa waa waahhh.... I mean come on, that is high school crap! So here he is a grown man and a BJJ instructor at Serra "i'm a dick" BJJ, and cries like a 15 yr old whos girlfriend just kissed the star QB on the football team... What a JOKE!

bega
10-05-2007, 04:06 AM
Joey, Gabe, Noah. It's a toss up.

the dazzle
10-05-2007, 04:16 AM
i would go with Noah. atleast Gabe made TUF funny as hell!

da@LARGE
10-05-2007, 04:45 AM
Noah Inhoefer - at least I've all these other guys fight somewhere since the their shows ended.

Noah did fight on that Kimbo-Mercer card, I believe he lost.

Yeah, Whitehead is on Don Frye's team in the IFL. He had a fight with Vernon "Tiger" White where he had him mounted. Vernon was blocking the shots but Whitehead was yelling at the ref that he was tapping. The ref called the fight and Vernon jumped up asking why it was stopped.

johnny
10-05-2007, 05:53 AM
noah for sure.

soloman the moron didnt even know he lost the fight.

danny abbadi after he looses claims he is an ultimate fighter, dude you got tapped out.

someone i cant stand Tait what is that guy up to now?

even though he wasnt a fighter on the show Marc Laimon i think he came aross as a loser on the show.

not that i really know much about him, and also taking into account the editing of the show.

still those are my thoughts

Gurry
10-05-2007, 06:58 AM
noah for sure.

soloman the moron didnt even know he lost the fight.

danny abbadi after he looses claims he is an ultimate fighter, dude you got tapped out.

someone i cant stand Tait what is that guy up to now?

even though he wasnt a fighter on the show Marc Laimon i think he came aross as a loser on the show.

not that i really know much about him, and also taking into account the editing of the show.

still those are my thoughts

did u just watch season three or did u just not realize their were other seasons.

I dont know, Gabe was a giant douche and made Tuf 5 the funniest season yet, Noah did nothing but piss me off aswell as Joey so i suggestttttt......Noahs girl vs Joeys girl for supreme douchebag because these dumb broads ruined both of their careers.

sandywh
10-05-2007, 07:46 AM
did u just watch season three or did u just not realize their were other seasons.

I dont know, Gabe was a giant douche and made Tuf 5 the funniest season yet, Noah did nothing but piss me off aswell as Joey so i suggestttttt......Noahs girl vs Joeys girl for supreme douchebag because these dumb broads ruined both of their careers.
I garuntee that both Noah and Joey's girls' have left them and are probably waiting for a shot at a man that has the stones to spend six weeks in a mansion in order to jump start a career.

johnny
10-05-2007, 10:43 AM

no i have seen them all, i didnt really realize that all but one are from season 3, it was hard for me to watch because of all the guys i just didnt like on that season, but i am glad that joey is gone from this season.

mjeffers365
10-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Season 1
Wow Bobby Southworth shown great ability I mean his fight with Stephan most people would have had him winning I didnt but Im just saying but his tantrum and talking shit to Dana yeah not a good move.
Jason Thacker but yeah I dont know he just didnt seem cut out for it
Josh Rafferty given that he was such great friends with Rich Franklin you expected a lot better from him but who knows maybe better instructor than fighter

Ramma
10-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Noah Inhoefer
Andy Wang
Gabe Ruediger
Joey Scarola

oh, and Matt Serra

LethalStriker
10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
No one has mentioned Eli Joslin yet?

He comes in talking all trash and after only 2 days of filming leaves the show because the cameras were making him paranoid.

And Ruediger was a total douchebag on the show even if you ignore the missing of the weight part of it. Picking a fight with Matt Wiman for no other reason then getting screentime.

DFD149
10-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Gabe was a little bitch. But, walking down the street with your suitcase has to be right up there.

terriblet
10-10-2007, 10:39 PM
I can't decide Btween Gayb"I Need A Colonic On TV"Ruediger
& Joey"Pussy Whipped Gotta Go Spank It"Scarola
Oh yeah,I can't 4get that Noah douche on TUF 3 w/ his letter :
He said,U said,that I said,that she said,that U been cheatin on me!
Like the lil' twat he is Noah said,"I need 2 go B4 my GF of 4 months dumps my weakass"

DFD149
10-11-2007, 12:00 AM
I totally forgot about Jeremy Jackson. Sneaking out to hook up with the life guard? I hope that was some quality ass.

da@LARGE
10-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Personally, I think Tait Fletcher came across worse than any other fighter. The guy acts terribly, talking down to everyone including Ken Shamrock.

He loses his fight, is given a second chance then claims that it's unreasonable to expect someone to prepare mentally for a fight in a week. Well, what was he expecting!...being on a show where you're gonna fight three times in six weeks - if you're lucky!

Shamrock was right - the guy is a punk.

virtualpurple
10-12-2007, 03:18 AM
I never really thought about Tait. I don't recall him specifically talking down to anyone but Ken. And I can totally understand that. Ken was a terrible coach because he was there for all the wrong reasons. Ken was so obsessed with sticking it to Tito that he couldn't see the forest through the trees.

Tait really disappointed me when he wouldn't take the second chance that dropped into his lap. People can talk shit about Ross all day long but he's got the stones. Bottom line, he's got the stones.

But once again I can understand Tait talking down to Ken, Ken was only there for himself.

Tito really invested himself into the guys, and every single fighter on his team grew from that....except for Danny, but he a bitch.

da@LARGE
10-12-2007, 07:04 PM
I never really thought about Tait. I don't recall him specifically talking down to anyone but Ken.

Tait just reminded me of guys I've met who honestly think they're smarter than everybody else. He talked shit to Noah, and just acted in his interviews like he thought he was really clever. The kind of guy who I'm surprised got into fighting because guys like that usually fight with their mouths, not their fists.

Anyway, I know Ken didn't come across well, and probably did that show for the wrong reasons. But don't talk back to a guy who's been fighting MMA since the first UFC, whether or not you like Ken, he and several others built the sport.

rafesparza
10-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Gotta go Gabe. I mean we all get the fact that the house drives some of the guys nuts... but man, I think he got the worst treatment by the production-- and rightfully so.

But in terms of self-destruction, Noah may top the charts.

I think fighting styles and personality clashes are all debatable.

Thaistylist
10-23-2007, 12:03 AM
Noah has got to get it...then joey. The reason why I dont think Gabe is a loser is he is actually a talented fighter and will get fights based on TUF. Those two will most likely never fight again.

lord humungous
10-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Gabe is #1 loser, followed by Scarola. At least Scarola got in there and fought.

Quintessential Studmuffin
10-28-2007, 02:01 AM
Biggest TUF loser ever is Eli from season two..he left about 5 minutes into the 1st episode,because "these cameras just arent my deal...its to much like prison"

Also Gabe,and Joey. Joey is probably the most annoying of all of them just for the fact I had to hear him whining about his girl for 4 episodes straight.

I liked tait..sure he was a smartass at times,but I dont think hes anywhere near the biggest TUF loser..

Gmunit
10-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Joey for sure, he whined for 3 shows...... then left, fucked up working at Serra's school and his shot at the UFC

Cakezilla (Gabe) will just be harassed for being fat for the rest of his life

ufobydeath
10-28-2007, 02:17 AM
Either Joey, Gabe or Noah... all three are douchebags and morons.

Joey whined for several episodes and threw away everything, which was a pain to watch but arguably worse was hearing Noah's lame and cheesy speech on how he would never regret his decision.

It's a toss up!

Gmunit
10-28-2007, 02:39 AM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/gmunit1903/fat_gabe.jpg

hey Quin,

i like this one better

Buggedoutnicy
10-28-2007, 06:19 AM
gabe

then marlon sims because he won 300 street fights but didnt last a round on tuf completly runing his rep

jukon
10-28-2007, 03:00 PM
You guys are mad if you don't think Gabe is #1. Or maybe its so obvious, that your talkin about #2 or 3 biggest TUF losers.

Gabe had a colonic on TV and balled like my little sister. No contest really.

Grapplepit28
10-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Personally, I think Tait Fletcher came across worse than any other fighter. The guy acts terribly, talking down to everyone including Ken Shamrock.

He loses his fight, is given a second chance then claims that it's unreasonable to expect someone to prepare mentally for a fight in a week. Well, what was he expecting!...being on a show where you're gonna fight three times in six weeks - if you're lucky!

Shamrock was right - the guy is a punk.

Honestly, I don't even know how a jackoff that works as Joe Rogan's bodyguard on the fear factor set gets a spot on the fuckin' show to begin with... Nevermind, I think I just answered my own question.

Quintessential Studmuffin
10-29-2007, 03:09 PM
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t101/gmunit1903/fat_gabe.jpg

hey Quin,

i like this one better

hahahahaha! a rep for you sir

Paytheplayer
11-01-2007, 06:55 AM
Gabe obviously, but I cant believe everybodies post doesnt mention Eli besides 1 or 2 of u. He says "I treat guys heads like a pinata, I just smash them til the candy comes out" oh and he even said "I consider myself a modern day gladiator". The next day the cameras are too much. Actually his first excuse was he was sick as hell.

I dont think Jason Thacker was a big loser, he was just outclassed. He didnt even have one pro fight before the show, and he knew he didnt stand a chance. Shitty part is, he was talked into staying by everyone, especially Randy, then Randy votes him off hahaha. Shoulda just let him quit.
O yeah and Noahs a bitch too, guy made me sick more than Joey only because he won then left, and the fact his gf and him were together for like 5 months. Hmmm

da@LARGE
11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
... I cant believe everybodies post doesnt mention Eli besides 1 or 2 of u. He says "I treat guys heads like a pinata, I just smash them til the candy comes out" oh and he even said "I consider myself a modern day gladiator". The next day the cameras are too much. Actually his first excuse was he was sick as hell.

When Eli said. "I'm all anxietied out." that was classic. I've used that term in my daily life since.

I was surprised that he has had one fight since the show. He one against veteran Aaron Brink, a guy with .500 record but who's fought a lot of top HWs. Who knows. Maybe he's got his shit together.

Everyone's been tough on Gabe. No doubt the guy came across as a complete f$%@-wit, but at least he didn't quit. I know some might say he quit during the weight-cut, but IMO he couldn't continue. I mean they had to call an ambulance, so while he made a lot of dumb choices he didn't puss out like others did.

notrightn0w
11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
"Beej, Beej.... Put me back Beej."

"I'm not putting you back, get up and put yourself back in."

"Beej, put me back."

http://photos-297.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v132/191/11/614400297/n614400297_1173737_757.jpg