PDA

View Full Version : Houston Alexander vs Thiago Silva

mmafan111
10-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Is anyone else really looking forward to this match?

You have Houston Alexander, two fights in the UFC, both wins by knockout in the first round, total fight time is less than two minutes.

Houston has only been stopped once, his very first fight by submission. Only one of his fights has went the distance, this guy is exciting to watch and so far has been slated by a lot of guys on this forum as having "no ground game" or "he will gas in rounds 2 and 3".

Then we have Thiago Slva, also two fights in the UFC, both wins by TKO, he has been in the octagon almost 5 minutes and 30 seconds.

Thiago sports a perfect 11-0 record, most of his wins are in the first round, mostly by KO/TKO, he has also went the distance once.

Thiago is a Chute Boxe fighter, very exciting to watch and i've only read good things about this guy on the forums.

So what we should see is a standup war between 2 powerful, explosive fighters, will most probably be fight or knockout of the night.

I just want to know who you guys are picking for this fight?

I imagine Thiago Silva to be a close favourite but i think i'll be rooting for Houston.

eazye76
10-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Eazye's rule of MMA - Always take the Brazillian.

I'm just not sold on Alexander. Yeah he's got two quick KO's, but what happens if he gets in the cage and doesn't stop the fight quick - I have no idea. Imo he is an unknown commodity at this point. Silva has good stand-up and I was extremely impressed w/ him at the last PPV, and also against James Irvin, who I think is a good fighter.

Silva - 3rd round stoppage.

mmafan111
10-06-2007, 01:07 AM
well I won't be too upset if Thiago beats him, i ain't no nuthugger for Houston

should be a couple of good fights on that card, edgar vs fisher springs to mind