PDA

View Full Version : Frank Edgar..

mmafan111
10-06-2007, 12:16 AM
I have been meaning to ask this question for some time now

Did anyone else assume that Tyson Griffin would beat Frank Edgar?

Having looked at his fight record, it appears as though Edgar hadn't fought any major names and i'm pretty sure that the UFC expected Tyson to win that fight.

Griffin is exciting to watch but after watching the fight again, Edgar seemed like a much better fighter

This came as a complete shock to me until we saw Clay Guida fight Tyson Griffin

I also think that Tyson lost that fight, Guida done a lot and should be pissed off at the judges

I think that after promoting Tyson Griffin to the fans the way the UFC did they could not have him losing two fights in a row.

That decision infuriated me, in fact, i think it is the second worst decision that i've ever seen(the first is a no-brainer)

Noob
10-06-2007, 12:28 AM
That decision infuriated me, in fact, i think it is the second worst decision that i've ever seen(the first is a no-brainer)

Picking Regis Philbin to host Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?

mmafan111
10-06-2007, 12:59 AM
Picking Regis Philbin to host Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?

lol

no no no, i meant signing CroCop!!!

markzabin
10-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I think that Edgar is one of the best and he proved it in one of the best fights ever with Griffen. We will see how good he is, he fights Spencer Fisher soon and should be a great fight.

Gmunit
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
I think that Edgar is one of the best and he proved it in one of the best fights ever with Griffen. We will see how good he is, he fights Spencer Fisher soon and should be a great fight.

i think you will see Spencer's ground game EXPOSED

kamikaze145
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
I did think Tyson Griffin would win because I thought he was really impressive and I had no idea who Frankie Edgar was. I definately think Tyson is still good and have no conspiracy theories toward the Clay Guida decision even though Guida won the fight. I think Griffin proved himself when he beat Tavarres in another great fight. I think what it comes down to is that Frankie Edgar is just really good.

markzabin
10-21-2007, 12:11 AM
i think you will see Spencer's ground game EXPOSED
Do you think that Edgar is better on the ground than Franca? I just watched the Fisher/Franca fight on tv and he didn't look that bad on the ground but I do agree that his weakness is on the ground.

neonatural45
10-21-2007, 12:37 AM
I thought that Griffen would beat Edgar but I predicted Guida and Tavares beating him..... and IMO I was right

Dork8503
10-21-2007, 02:23 AM
I thought that Griffen would beat Edgar but I predicted Guida and Tavares beating him..... and IMO I was right

Guida yeah but Tavares no. I thought Tyson clearly beat him.

markzabin
10-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Betting line is +210 for Edgar for the Fisher fight. I think that is a solid bet, less a freak knockout of coarse.

Gmunit
10-22-2007, 03:19 AM
Do you think that Edgar is better on the ground than Franca? I just watched the Fisher/Franca fight on tv and he didn't look that bad on the ground but I do agree that his weakness is on the ground.

i think that they are different, Franca's BJJ and Edgar's wrestling, the ground is what tired Fisher out in the Franca fight and Edgar's gonna do the same

neonatural45
10-22-2007, 04:14 AM
Guida yeah but Tavares no. I thought Tyson clearly beat him.

Well IMO there was only one meaningfull strike that landed all fight, and that was a flying knee by Thiao. On the ground Thiago mounted 3 or 4 times and got Tysons back 2 or 3 times. He also put Tyson in constant submission attepts (armbars, omoplatas etc) He also got just as many takedowns as Tyson if you count, he went for the Judo throw every time they were in the clinch and got it once or twice. The only thing I saw Tyson do in that fight was Push the pace and escape all of Thiago's sub attempts

markzabin
10-22-2007, 07:26 AM
who does everyone think is going to win the fisher/edgar fight?

I was thinking about betting on Edgar just for the odds:
Edgar +210
Fisher -190

But I think it will be a close fight.