PDA

View Full Version : franklin...MW champ...again..here's how..

FFFRpickup
10-06-2007, 09:49 AM
My thoughts on how franklin will win the belt back...simply put he will overpower silva. he needs to stand will silva for long enough for silva to feel his power. franklin did well until the clinch last time..this time should be no different..stand and bang until silva atempts the clinch..then take down. Franklin tried to punch his way out of the last one and failed miserably. silva has fast hands but i don't think his hands alone can finish franklin. franklin has to go in there and show silva tha he can stand with him then the takedowns WILL be there. if he is to timid or cautious..silva with stuff every takedown. lutter did a fantastic job..but was depleted cutting wieght.(and besides...lutter just FELL into the triagle...bad luck on his part..lucky for silva cause lutter was dominating him totally) franklin will walk out with the title...one way or another. don't get me wrong, i like silva...but ryo chonan wasn't gettting knocked out by silva in their fight years ago(ya chonan was blodied by continously eating jabs) ryo chonan shows silva that "i'll stand and bang but when the time is right...i'll get the takedown and finish ya" That's what franklin HAS to do!

MY opinion.

mmafan111
10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
i have to disagree

i personally do not think rich franklin is anywhere near as good as Anderson Silva.

Silva's striking is better, he is better in the clinch, i think he is better on the ground.

To be honest, Rich Franklin hasn't looked the same since he fought the crow

He pummeled an overmatched Jason Macdonald, he didn't impress me against Yushin Okani and he should get beat by Silva, although i don't think it will be as one-sided.

Having said that, anything is possible this year

FFFRpickup
10-06-2007, 11:09 AM
i have to disagree

i personally do not think rich franklin is anywhere near as good as Anderson Silva.

Silva's striking is better, he is better in the clinch, i think he is better on the ground.

To be honest, Rich Franklin hasn't looked the same since he fought the crow

He pummeled an overmatched Jason Macdonald, he didn't impress me against Yushin Okani and he should get beat by Silva, although i don't think it will be as one-sided.

Having said that, anything is possible this year

I can't argue that anderson's striking is cleaner...but i feel that he will hit franklin more but franklin has more power...and if anderson takes afew of franklins shots...he will not throw as much of those flurries.
I so agree that franklin hasn't been as dominating since the crow fight after he fucked up his ankle. If franklin stands his ground and hangs in he will were silva down.

The gameplan....trade with silva...when if muay thai clinch...get out or jump guard.....go into fight with nothing to loose and be agresive!

mmafan111
10-06-2007, 11:56 AM
go into fight with nothing to loose and be agresive!

I definately agree with you there

I think that is Franklins only chance

But man, did he look scared when Silva beat Nate?

He is gonna stay outside, try to avoid the clinch, be patient and boring IMO

ufobydeath
10-06-2007, 11:59 AM
I seriously doubt Franklin can do it, and I think he'll get caught in the clinch looking for a shot.

Just my two cents

mmafan111
10-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I seriously doubt Franklin can do it, and I think he'll get caught in the clinch looking for a shot.

Just my two cents

totally agree man

However, we need to look at 2007 as a whole and think of the upsets

GSP vs Serra - Nobody expected that
Crocop vs Gonzaga - Crocop beat with his favourite weapon
Crocop vs Kongo - Felt sick after that fight
Griffin vs Shogun - Only Randy predicted that one
Randy vs Sylvia - A lot of people doubted Randy, me included
Liddell vs Jardine - Dean of Mean reigns supreme (sorry, couldn't resist the Goldberg line)

then you have things like Travis Lutter almost pounding out Anderson Silva and Heath Herring almost knocking out Big Nog

2007 has been the biggest year of upsets IMO and could continue if Franklin beats Silva...

...But he won't!!!

War Silva!!!!!

ufobydeath
10-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I know and that's why I'm not counting Franklin out completely ;).
2007's been a completely fucked up year in MMA and I don't see it getting any better... Anderson beating Franklin will put some solid ground back underneath the fans

WAR SILVA!

Clint
10-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Franklin's best bet is to avoid the Muay Thai clinch at ALL costs. If the fight pulls in close, grab a greco clinch just so that Silva can't get a muay thia clinch. From there it's a power game and Franklin should be able to get eh sweep but even then Franklin's top game has never really impressed me. Hopefully he has been working his wrestling pretty hard.

kingrobert
10-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I think Anderson is going to take this fight. I hope its a good fight and last awhile since I will be in Ohio to watch it!!! In almost all or Rich Franklins fights he has been the better fighter on the feet. Okami, Macdonald Tanner, Quarry and everyone else in the UFC that Franklin has fought he has been way better on the feet. Anderson's striking is one of the best in MMA and he is killer in the clinch where Franklin is usually strong. I dont know if Rich is better on the ground or not. Anderson should be better but its yet to be seen.

Like someone said Franklin has looked a little tinative in his last couple fights. Silva does have that very important mental advantage.

IDOL
10-08-2007, 12:20 AM
anderson by ko late 3rd round, i dont see anybody beating this guy anytime sooon, next to fedor i think he is the most well rounded fighter

2mcgrath
10-08-2007, 01:08 AM
i got a feeling franklin will win this fight.but he has to come in there and not be gun shy,has to let his hands go.franklin has ko power he has showed it before.and he has pretty good gnp enough to stop people for sure..i think though he will have to get the fight to the ground and go for a ref stoppage with gnp.should be a war this time around.both fighters are expecting it to be.WAR FRANKLIN