PDA

View Full Version : How good is Robbie Lawler??

kingrobert
10-08-2007, 04:55 AM
The other day I got a chance to watch the Robbie Lawler vs Ninja Rua fight. In some aspects I was really impressed and others I thought he hadnt evolved much. I was really impressed with his striking and not being over agressive. Then again he still doesnt check leg kicks. Ninja was killing him with the kicks but just gassed and was stupid for standing with Lawler. Im still not sure about Lawler and his ground game. Ninja would have been much smarter to get Lawler to the ground.

So my question is how good do you think Robbie Lawler is and how would he stack up in the UCF MWD??

2mcgrath
10-08-2007, 06:37 AM
i always thought he was a damn good fighter.i think he would do pretty well in the ufc mw division,but i see a few guys that would give him major problems

sandywh
10-08-2007, 07:02 AM
After watching Lawler's last few fights, he is still a beast on his feet. And his ground defense has improved. His biggest weaknesses are bad weaknesses though. His stand up D is atrocious, he rarely checks kicks and has poor head movement, he also throws punches in a predictable rythm. His takedowns are telegraphed and and he is slow to back to his feet if he gets stuffed. All in all, as a Middleweight in the UFC, he'd be a borderline top 5 guy. In all of MMA he is borderline top 10. But with the thunder in his hands, he is a threat against anyone.

ibtweeni
10-08-2007, 06:34 PM
The other day I got a chance to watch the Robbie Lawler vs Ninja Rua fight. In some aspects I was really impressed and others I thought he hadnt evolved much. I was really impressed with his striking and not being over agressive. Then again he still doesnt check leg kicks. Ninja was killing him with the kicks but just gassed and was stupid for standing with Lawler. Im still not sure about Lawler and his ground game. Ninja would have been much smarter to get Lawler to the ground.

So my question is how good do you think Robbie Lawler is and how would he stack up in the UCF MWD??
I looked at "Fight Finder" but didn't see the fight I was thinking about, but the fight I remember he did NOT check leg kicks and it pretty much exposed that weakness.

Dork8503
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
BJ Penn would beat him.

Yes Penn would beat him.

Robbie is a good fighter but not great.

Guys like Franklin, Anderson, Filho, Kang, would all rape him in a dark alley somewhere

Dork8503
10-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Also, I know him and Hughes are BFF's but I think if worse came to worse, Hughes would kick the shit out of him too.

when you get knocked out by Diaz their is a huge problem because Diaz hits like my 6 year old sister

CEVANS
10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
when you get knocked out by Diaz their is a huge problem because Diaz hits like my 6 year old sister

LMAO at diaz hitting like your sister

he would be alright in the ufc.silva would pick him apart,but other then that he would be a handful for alot of guys in the MWD.
i would love to see him fight chris leban that would be a barn burner someone would get ktfo

Dork8503
10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
LMAO at diaz hitting like your sister

he would be alright in the ufc.silva would pick him apart,but other then that he would be a handful for alot of guys in the MWD.
i would love to see him fight chris leban that would be a barn burner someone would get ktfo

Franklin would tool him too.

Leben vs Robbie would actually be a slug fest. Leben has the better chin but idk when you have power an are just going to hit each other in the face as hard as you can, anything can happen

sabreclaww
10-08-2007, 11:55 PM
twas fun to watch him k o trigg though.