PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 6: Joe Scarola Stands by His Decision to Leave The House

mmafanatic087
10-10-2007, 09:05 PM
The Ultimate Fighter 6: Joe Scarola Stands by His Decision to Leave The House
By Derek | Oct 10, 2007 - 1:46 pm

On today’s TAAG Radio show, Joe Scarola told Frank Trigg that he has no regrets about leaving the Ultimate Fighter 6. He is, however, unhappy with the fact that he let down Dana White, but even more so, Matt Serra. Scarola claims that the producers and cameramen of the show skillfully portrayed him to be much worse than he really is. He was facing a lot of personal issues at the time, but the show chose to only reveal certain aspects such as him desperately missing his girlfriend. Even Mac Danzig (the guy who defeated Scarola in episode 1) called into the show and defended Scarola. Danzig verifies that the cameramen were all over Joe from the moment it was announced that he wanted to leave the show.

Last Thursday, Matt Sera posted on his TUF blog that Joe Scarola was evaluated by sports psychiatrist Dr. Sherry Wulcan prior to going on the show. In the professional opinion of Dr. Wulcan, she did not feel that Scarola was capable of living in the secluded house for six week. Contrastingly, on today’s TAAG Radio show, Scarola claims that he was never evaluated by any sports psychiatrist.

For inquiring minds, Scarola is currently working as an MMA instructor at another gym. He’s also still together with the same girlfriend. He and Serra have not spoken ever since he left the show.

link http://www.ufcdaily.com/2007/10/10/the-ultimate-fighter-6-joe-scarola-stands-by-his-decision-to-leave-the-house/

BIG FLO
10-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Damn, I'm sort of surprised they haven't spoken since then...Matt said Joe was the best man at his wedding. It's sort of hard to believe that something like this would cause them not even to talk. I can understand Matt not wanting Joe to instruct at his school anymore, but to completely alienate the guy is a bit too far. Serra needs to put things in perspective I think.

dofking
10-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Thats because matt serra is a man of his words. Take that JOEEEYYY

jrube
10-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Damn, I'm sort of surprised they haven't spoken since then...Matt said Joe was the best man at his wedding. It's sort of hard to believe that something like this would cause them not even to talk. I can understand Matt not wanting Joe to instruct at his school anymore, but to completely alienate the guy is a bit too far. Serra needs to put things in perspective I think.

Point in case.... SERRA is an ASSCLOWN!!!!

Severn
10-11-2007, 01:06 AM

True but he told Joey what would happen and Serra is living up to what he told him. I'm sure this isn't easy for Serra as well but hey, you reap what you sow. I don't see why Joey couldn't help train the other guys. Matt Depended on him and was let down by him. He never should have been on that show.

OMNIpotus
10-11-2007, 06:09 AM
That just further proves that he didn't have what it took to survive in the house, he doesn't even remember getting evaluated. It's actually kind of a normal thing to have a psyche eval before a reality show. He probably thought Ms. Vulcan was hitting on him and was waiting for his opportunity to flash her the "Live long and prosper" sign.

I'm not buying it at all. We need to stop caring about him quickly before he becomes another Johnny Fairplay... and we all know how that ended up. No? That's right, Danny Bonnaduce dumped Fairplay on his face. Look it up on YouTube peoples =)

mmafanatic087
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Point in case.... SERRA is an ASSCLOWN!!!!

How is he an assclown because he kept his word?

Steel
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
It's hard to comment on this because I wasn't privy to the ACTUAL truth.

However, the guy signed a deal to be there for 6 weeks and lost. What if he had won? Would staying have been easier? Would he have stayed? This is the key to the whole situation.

I'll bet Serra used personal influence to get him on the show and isn't happy he looks like a dick for doing so.

DOCTOR
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I'll bet Serra used personal influence to get him on the show and isn't happy he looks like a dick for doing so.

Good point.

jkilla374
10-11-2007, 01:14 PM

In addition, Serra picked Joey first to show loyalty, and Joey repaid him by making Serra look foolish for doing so. Losing to Danzig was no big deal, but then to just be a baby and leave the house was a slap in the face to Matt Serra.

If one of my really good friends pulled that on me, I'm pretty sure I would do the same thing as Serra.

slalomfever
10-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I beleive that Matt Serra simply felt betrayed. It's normal for Joey to defend himself on interviews whether it is true or not, he opted out of the show and pretty much throwing away all the reputation and goals he had ever since he started training with Matt Serra. I wonder what type of gym or dojo hired him knowing that the guy is deemed a quitter.

mmafanatic087
10-11-2007, 05:02 PM
In addition, Serra picked Joey first to show loyalty, and Joey repaid him by making Serra look foolish for doing so. Losing to Danzig was no big deal, but then to just be a baby and leave the house was a slap in the face to Matt Serra.

If one of my really good friends pulled that on me, I'm pretty sure I would do the same thing as Serra.

Exactly!!