PDA

View Full Version : Danzig Blog - Week 4

Krazikarl
10-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Danzig's blog for episode 4 is up:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/font-face-rmn-1886928-tms-fight

The most interesting part was him really showing how much they edit this stuff. It sounds like the ribs and Dorian situations went down pretty differently than how they seemed. After reading this, I can see why Dana got involved with Dorian, while before I thought it was a bit unreasonable.

rafesparza
10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Danzig's blog for episode 4 is up:

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/font-face-rmn-1886928-tms-fight

The most interesting part was him really showing how much they edit this stuff. It sounds like the ribs and Dorian situations went down pretty differently than how they seemed. After reading this, I can see why Dana got involved with Dorian, while before I thought it was a bit unreasonable.

I dig Danzing man. Guy seems like even for all the things he vents that he can at least articulate the means why he does what he does.

Though, I do wonder to what he means when he says "we all go crazy."

Should be interesting to see.

da@LARGE
10-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for Mac. He's coming across badly on the show but he's clearly on another level than the other guys. He doesn't really need the show, and should've been given a shot with having to go on TUF.

It's good that he's given the chance to express his thoughts on the show, as it seems they want to make him look pretty bad.

love when Danzig writes:

A-ha! The preview for next episode? Alright haters, it's time to get your hating goggles on and hate you some Mac Danzig. And fair-weather fans, it's time to jump ship!
I hope that gives some posters a chance to pause before they start saying what an asshole he is. If a camera follows you around for six weeks they're bound to get some ugly footage of you.

rafesparza
10-11-2007, 11:56 PM
I'm starting to feel sorry for Mac. He's coming across badly on the show but he's clearly on another level than the other guys. He doesn't really need the show, and should've been given a shot with having to go on TUF.

It's good that he's given the chance to express his thoughts on the show, as it seems they want to make him look pretty bad.

love when Danzig writes:

I hope that gives some posters a chance to pause before they start saying what an asshole he is. If a camera follows you around for six weeks they're bound to get some ugly footage of you.

Yea, given the nature of reality TV, there's a large portion of the folks who will base their entire perception of the guy off the show. But I will say this, I think the guy is one of the few would could actually back up what he's been doing thus far in.

so... i give him that.

but yea, the guy totally knows the haters are about to show up*.

*relatively speaking. who knows? i may end up hating the guy next week too.

jesusatemyhotdog
10-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Thank Esther he wasn't on my team.

That was brilliant.

Noob
10-12-2007, 04:37 AM
Remember, this is "The Ultimate Fighter" not "Top Chef." Something has to be a little bit wrong with you to do this sort of thing for a living.

I think there is something to that. And not just professional fighters. Even a lot of the gym rats I see at my school. Hell, probably even me.

terriblet
10-12-2007, 04:45 AM
Mac Danzig is f***ing hilarious! I'll b really surprised if he doesn't win the whole thing too. He's about as level headed as they come. Hopefully I c some one else on the show materialize in2 legitimate competition 4 Danzig,cuz so far I'm just not seeing n e body.

Kimuras"R"Us
10-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Mac Danzig is f***ing hilarious! I'll b really surprised if he doesn't win the whole thing too. He's about as level headed as they come. Hopefully I c some one else on the show materialize in2 legitimate competition 4 Danzig,cuz so far I'm just not seeing n e body.

No one has to materialize. Someone before the season made the comment "TUF:The Mac Danzig show".... and that's actually what it is. He's immensely talented, and now everyone gets to know him. The UFC is not dumb, they knew he would blog and be on camera alot and be a personality.

Mac might be the first Tuffer (not counting the "comeback" season) that had cred with the die hards before going in... he's the first guy to really bridge the "tuf fan" - die hard bridge. Excellent marketing by the UFC

rafesparza
10-23-2007, 01:21 AM
No one has to materialize. Someone before the season made the comment "TUF:The Mac Danzig show".... and that's actually what it is. He's immensely talented, and now everyone gets to know him. The UFC is not dumb, they knew he would blog and be on camera alot and be a personality.

Mac might be the first Tuffer (not counting the "comeback" season) that had cred with the die hards before going in... he's the first guy to really bridge the "tuf fan" - die hard bridge. Excellent marketing by the UFC

wouldn't disagree with that completely. could also be a production decision. i mean, every season seems to focus on two, three, or four. but i will say that a majority of the storylines given thus far have focused on 'em.

has his 5th blog gone up?

chico76
10-23-2007, 11:33 PM
I have admit that I like Mac a lot more after having read that. I havent seen anything of him before TUF so I cant say I have seen anything from him to say he's on another level. (Other than beating up that whining quiting bitch Joey)
I have to pull from a homestate local Barrera who actually knows people who I know. Being from Idaho this isn't all that odd.

Steel
10-24-2007, 04:41 AM
Cool read...I like the guy. This will really launch his career.