PDA

View Full Version : Couture "steroid witch hunt" may have influenced his decision???

grumlet
10-12-2007, 04:11 AM
I hate to even say it, but it will probably be addressed sooner or later. First, let me say I don't think Couture used steroids. However, do you think his comments regarding being caught up in a steroid withch hunt and the out of context comment Joe Rogan supposedly said regarding possible use may have had some influence on his decision to quit the UFC? Just curious to see what you might think.

Maniac
10-12-2007, 04:38 AM
He's fought many times & been tested, with a clean record. NEVER! (Can't say never) He wanted to be KNOWN as the GREATEST ever. No FEDOR NO RANDY! I believe that. Sucks

kingrobert
10-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Randy has nothing else to prove. He really has been wanting this fight to happen for awhile. I think he finally got tired of Dana screwing everyone 2. He's right about not getting paid as much as the other fighters. Randy helped build this sport and is probably the biggest draw right now. UFC is making a killing. I mean there making 1-2 million at the gate and another 20 million or more on payperviews. Then they offer Fedor 2 million a fight when Randy is lucky to make 500,000.

I think the steroid thing does bother Randy but thats not why he retired. He has passed many drug tests and is sickened but his name being assocaited with steroids.

The Kludd
10-14-2007, 01:46 AM
Yeah Dana White's insane. He whines that noone likes him- LOL... it aint nothin personal; just look at the record!!!! Cant get Fedor, lose Randy, & refuse to sign the other exciting HV weights out there!!!! Alex E., Khiratonov, Zentsov, Barnett, Hunt, etc. Instead he signs "Lay & Pray" Nogueria ; zzzzzzzzzz... & Heath "the sloth" Herring. CMON MAN... And does anyone really want to see Tim Silvia fight again in PPV? I sure don't!!!! And these monthly UFCs with thin cards; full of noname fighters he can rob; paying only 4-12k... Greed kills Dana!! Stop milking us!!!! ***CASE IN POINT= UFCs next PPV: Other than Franklin v. Sylva; it's a WEAK card full of lightweights & unknowns!!!! Oh, Vera v Silvia... big wup... I can't get excited over that!! Tim Silvia doesn't have one athletic bone in his body--- he's just a big slab of meat; BORING!! Rest of card= Gurgel, Robinson, Bonner, Schaefer?, Belcher, Starnes, etc: SNOOZEFEST!! Bunch of guys he don't have to pay!!!! Good job leaving Randy; maybe u can get a fight w Fedor elsewhere!! ****STOP WHINING DANA: look at your poor decisions, poor matchmaking & mismanagement!!!!!!!!

JustInsane
10-14-2007, 02:11 AM
it's funny you all are saying Randy can go fight Fedor elsewhere,but whether he resigned or not he's still under contract with the UFC and can't go fight anywhere else!by time his contract is up and he can go fight he'll be close to 50!once again Dana has got him by the balls

KENO5366
10-14-2007, 02:18 AM
Randy has nothing else to prove. He really has been wanting this fight to happen for awhile. I think he finally got tired of Dana screwing everyone 2. He's right about not getting paid as much as the other fighters. Randy helped build this sport and is probably the biggest draw right now. UFC is making a killing. I mean there making 1-2 million at the gate and another 20 million or more on payperviews. Then they offer Fedor 2 million a fight when Randy is lucky to make 500,000.

I think the steroid thing does bother Randy but thats not why he retired. He has passed many drug tests and is sickened but his name being assocaited with steroids.

Agreed, I think Rogan mentioning his name was a small factor.

Clint
10-14-2007, 03:54 AM
Yeah Dana White's insane. He whines that noone likes him- LOL... it aint nothin personal; just look at the record!!!! Cant get Fedor, lose Randy, & refuse to sign the other exciting HV weights out there!!!! Alex E., Khiratonov, Zentsov, Barnett, Hunt, etc. Instead he signs "Lay & Pray" Nogueria ; zzzzzzzzzz... & Heath "the sloth" Herring. CMON MAN... And does anyone really want to see Tim Silvia fight again in PPV? I sure don't!!!! And these monthly UFCs with thin cards; full of noname fighters he can rob; paying only 4-12k... Greed kills Dana!! Stop milking us!!!! ***CASE IN POINT= UFCs next PPV: Other than Franklin v. Sylva; it's a WEAK card full of lightweights & unknowns!!!! Oh, Vera v Silvia... big wup... I can't get excited over that!! Tim Silvia doesn't have one athletic bone in his body--- he's just a big slab of meat; BORING!! Rest of card= Gurgel, Robinson, Bonner, Schaefer?, Belcher, Starnes, etc: SNOOZEFEST!! Bunch of guys he don't have to pay!!!! Good job leaving Randy; maybe u can get a fight w Fedor elsewhere!! ****STOP WHINING DANA: look at your poor decisions, poor matchmaking & mismanagement!!!!!!!!
Negged for so many reasons.

Noob
10-14-2007, 04:31 AM

I think I may have found somewhere you will feel more at home:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/

The Kludd
10-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Negged for so many reasons.
ED HARLEY... Hhhhhhhhhhhh / ...PUMPKINHEAD AIN'T NO DANA "scorched earth" WHITE!!

Gurry
10-15-2007, 07:21 PM

OMG, i came in here with the intent of negging the thread starter for doubting the great couture, but then i seen this monstrosity, i really hope u end up at shitdog, the regulars dont even like it their nemore cuza ppl like u, stop ruinign our forums mma news is the shizzzznit dawg.