PDA

View Full Version : how will kimbo do fighting real fighters instead of brave hobo's?

skeemin
10-13-2007, 02:12 AM
Kimbo has always fought people way below his skillset with the exceptions of gannon and mercer, who are still mediocre at best. Now that he's in a good organization does anyone else not see Kimbo getting his ass kicked?? Kimbo is a good fighter but he should keep it on the streets, he's gonna get his ass whipped in MMA (if he faces competition equal to him)

randy_S1231
10-13-2007, 03:08 AM
You have to remember that Kimbo has been training with Bas Rutten and according to him hes actually pretty good. Once he does have a fight in this new organization we will know how good or how crappy he really is.

2mcgrath
10-13-2007, 05:35 AM
i think once he fights someone wortha shit,he will get his ass handed to him

blackfox
10-13-2007, 05:52 AM
what weight class does this fuckin guy even fight in? he loks like a bummy version of the black guy from virtua fighter 4.

Clint
10-13-2007, 04:28 PM
lol Brave hobos is such a great way to sum up him Internet opponents.

I think he will do well since h is taking things seriously and Bas swears that training is going amazing.

twankydawg
10-13-2007, 04:33 PM
lol Brave hobos is such a great way to sum up him Internet opponents.

I think he will do well since h is taking things seriously and Bas swears that training is going amazing.

I 2nd that. He's a big strong mofo that has alot of power. He doesn't need the greatest ground game considering there are many fighters that do well with that Sprawl n Brawl style.

Legend
10-13-2007, 04:37 PM
I think he could be successful against mediocre talent. If he sticks to fighting in smaller organizations he could have a successful career. However, I just don't see him competing with top level talent. At least not anytime in the next few years.

Kealoha
10-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Kimbo is a animal he has the fighter instinct half of the MMA game is mental and he has it Rampage started to learn how to fight on the street and look at him hes also a animal and has that mental game do you see how crazy he looks at the begining of the fight during the stare down.

The Kludd
10-14-2007, 12:52 AM
kimbo fought street hacks... let's see him fight someone semi-legit; like Alex Emilianenko or Khiratonov at least before he's over hyped!

Punk Ass
10-14-2007, 01:15 AM
I dont understand why people just wanna throw Kimbo to the wolves. What fighter do you all know that doesn't have to work his way to getting big fights first?

KENO5366
10-14-2007, 02:22 AM
I think he could be successful against mediocre talent. If he sticks to fighting in smaller organizations he could have a successful career. However, I just don't see him competing with top level talent. At least not anytime in the next few years.

I agree. I think he will do ok, but I don't think he will hold a tittle. Unless he just fights cans in a smaller org.

JustInsane
10-14-2007, 02:28 AM
As soon as Kimbo fights anyone that has any skill,he's gonna get his!Although I'd love to see him KO Sylivia!

FFFRpickup
10-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Kimbo has always fought people way below his skillset with the exceptions of gannon and mercer, who are still mediocre at best. Now that he's in a good organization does anyone else not see Kimbo getting his ass kicked?? Kimbo is a good fighter but he should keep it on the streets, he's gonna get his ass whipped in MMA (if he faces competition equal to him)

kimbo will do fine. I think he has good tools to start with and with bas at his side..he can only get better. So he had to promote himself via internet and street fights, all the power to him. Gotta give him a chance...now he's got one. go KIMBO!....oh ya...shave the grizzly adams beard for the love of god!

kaiz77
10-14-2007, 05:23 AM
I wanna see him lose just for that fact that I dont think he's the kind of guy that we want representing the sport of MMA....

I think he's mediocre at best in MMA..

Kealoha
10-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Im telling you guys he will do great he is the biggest known street fighter thats something for someone who hasent fought MMA and like I said half of the MMA game is mental and he has that hes not no pussy thats for sure.

ibtweeni
10-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I dont understand why people just wanna throw Kimbo to the wolves. What fighter do you all know that doesn't have to work his way to getting big fights first?
I agree. He's gotta have an opportunity to earn his way up the ranks. Let him start slow like others have done. He's fought unsanctioned street fights. Now that he's turning "Legit" I think he should be thrown some cans just to build his MMA record.

kingrobert
10-15-2007, 06:29 AM
kimbo fought street hacks... let's see him fight someone semi-legit; like Alex Emilianenko or Khiratonov at least before he's over hyped!

The thing is Kimbo is just now getting into MMA. He's probably not great now but with training and time he could become a great fighter. Ask this question in 18 months or so when he has got some fights and more training under his belt.

Lets be realistic there is to many people who can jump in mma and instantly fight Alex or some of the other big names.

Jarico
10-15-2007, 03:42 PM

Great title but if he faces competition equal to him they are not gonna whip his ass they will be equal hence good fights.

ya...shave the grizzly adams beard for the love of god

Plus shaving the beard would be a bad idea having a beard actually goes a long way to absorbing punches that is why it is illegal to have a beard of a certian length (I forget what) in boxing, so it is to his advantage to keep it.

I trust Bas that he will have a nice transition into MMA, if he keeps his nose clean now. His past shouldnt be looked at in a neagitve light. It could be good for MMA showing the discipline required. Plus what did the guy do thats so bad, got in a few street fights with willing "hobos"(LOL) its not like he was beating up random guys and running their pockets

Gurry
10-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Wheres My Interenet Fans At?

Submissionist
10-16-2007, 06:14 AM
"brave hobo's", thats some funny stuff.

And the most popular smiley :deadhorse: