PDA

View Full Version : Naga grappling Tournament In New Jersey

pa99fighter
10-13-2007, 11:38 PM
Is anyone going to the NAGA Grappling Tournament in New Jersey? It's on November 17th and 18th
if so say where your from, where you train outta, and what weight class your fighting in.

kaiz77
10-14-2007, 03:37 AM
I'll be attending the NAGA in Ohio on Dec. 1st......
if you go to the one in November you'll have to let me know how it goes for you and how its run....

The Ohio one will be my first...Im just curious to how its set up and want to make sure its worth my trip....3 and a half hours from me in Monroe, MI...

I'll be doing No gi....novice division....150-160lb lightweight division...

Im curious because I heard that I could fight as a novice then again as a beginner if I wanted to....Is this possible??? looking at the event flier it shows that both division start at the same time so I don't know....you'll have to give me some info.....

best of luck if you're competing!!.....we'll all be rooting for you here..
Happy training..

pa99fighter
10-14-2007, 04:19 AM
thanks man. yeah I like grappling. heres a little mmanews shocker. im only 14 years old haha. im 5"10 so im gonna cut like 10 pounds and be at 129 in the 14 and underclass so im gonna submit everyone in that division

kaiz77
10-14-2007, 04:26 AM
lol...nice...

you'll have to let us know how everything works out for you....get some pics and video if you can....no way youre 14!! cant say I believe that one...

pa99fighter
10-14-2007, 04:34 AM
yeah I actually am 14 lol. Instead of going out and smoking pot like alot of ppl say they do here I go to the gym and put in my share of blood, sweat, tears. I just train like a mad man. so far I had an exhibition boxing match at my gym in front of like 300 ppl so to me it was huge, I am training as a junoir olympian, am going to get some amateur boxing matches in the future, I might do golden gloves, have the naga tournament coming up, and I want to get into mma so bad. boxing is my hobby mma is my dream.

blackfox
10-14-2007, 04:35 AM
debating on going to the ohio event on the first. I won't be grappling but I will be watching some of the guys from my gym roll.

kaiz77
10-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Well good for you man!!!....thats freakin awesome....Im just about to turn 22 so I feel young too but damn....14! wish I would have started then!!....

Stay away from all the drugs n stuff too.....to this day Ive never smoked and never will........and I have a beer like once every five months er so.... which is damn hard if youre a college student...stay strong willed and smart......that stuff just holds you back from achieving your best.... conquering amazing goals in this sport will always be more gratifying then getting drunk for a night....and the best part is..you'll remember it forever...lol

Sounds like youre on the right track bro....keep it up!!!

freakin amazing......
I wanna see clips of NAGA!!!!! make it happen...lol

kaiz77
10-14-2007, 05:08 AM
awesome blackfox....you'll have to let me know if you do......

scouting reports on people in my novice division would be nice...lol

pa99fighter
10-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Well good for you man!!!....thats freakin awesome....Im just about to turn 22 so I feel young too but damn....14! wish I would have started then!!....

Stay away from all the drugs n stuff too.....to this day Ive never smoked and never will........and I have a beer like once every five months er so.... which is damn hard if youre a college student...stay strong willed and smart......that stuff just holds you back from achieving your best.... conquering amazing goals in this sport will always be more gratifying then getting drunk for a night....and the best part is..you'll remember it forever...lol

Sounds like youre on the right track bro....keep it up!!!

freakin amazing......
I wanna see clips of NAGA!!!!! make it happen...lol
yeah I know smoking is so gay all u do is cough up a lung and waste all your money. yeah your real young also how long have you been doing mma, grappling, or bjj whichever one u train.

kaiz77
10-14-2007, 08:39 PM
been training primarily submission grappling for about 5 months when the NAGA comes around in December......been studying and learning BJJ for prob 4 months before I started training (had to have shoulder surgery so I needed to learn something new when I couldnt do anything...)

It helped me a ton to just learn learn and learn some more.....
I find myself tapping people that have trained far longer then me....goes to prove...knowledge is power in this sport!!!

pa99fighter
10-15-2007, 01:23 AM
Yeah deffinently

NixHex
10-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Don't appreciate all the pot smoker bashin fellas. I go to school, go to work, go train, and come home to my house and the ol' lady every night. But I get my smoke on in between. To each their own but no need to bash other peoples lifestyles friends.

P.S. I'd say my working, and schooling, and girlfriend restrict me from fullfilling my BJJ potential much more than weed.

Good luck at NAGA though fella's, i'll be rooting for ya of course. Get video or pics if possible.

kaiz77
10-15-2007, 06:08 AM
lolollol.... I see I see......different strokes for different folks...lol
not trying to hate... only love for the mmanews guys

Ramma
10-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I will probably go to watch. Between going to UFC 78, my MMA class, and the event.. it is going to be one hell of a martial art weekend :grinsmile26:

Frasedog
10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
I might go, I'm doing a tournament on Nov. 3rd also. I don't recall what the weigt classes are at NAGA. The tournament on the 3rd I'll be entering at 174 lbs, so whatever class is closest at NAGA.

From Vermont
Age 25
170-180 lbs

kaiz77
10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
I will probably go to watch. Between going to UFC 78, my MMA class, and the event.. it is going to be one hell of a martial art weekend :grinsmile26:

That sounds amazing......what a weekend...

kaiz77
10-15-2007, 09:03 PM
I might go, I'm doing a tournament on Nov. 3rd also. I don't recall what the weigt classes are at NAGA. The tournament on the 3rd I'll be entering at 174 lbs, so whatever class is closest at NAGA.

From Vermont
Age 25
170-180 lbs

You would be in the middle of the middle weight division....which is 170 lbs. to 179.9 lbs....
so lucky you....you can have a couple donuts if you want..lol
or cut and be the top of welter weight 160 lbs. to 169.9 lbs...

Frasedog
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
I'd probably cut to 169.9 lbs. Should be pretty easy for me. The other tournament's next class down is 161. That's a little too much for me to lose.

kaiz77
10-17-2007, 04:44 AM
Yeah.....thats a lot of weight to cut!!.....I dont know if I could ever be that motivated...lol

ozzy2525
10-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Hey Im 14 5"8 and might be doing Naga unless I do GQ. But guess what if I lose like 3 pounds Im in your divison which is my goal. How long have you been doing BJJ?

BJJ Boy
10-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey Im 14 5"8 and might be doing Naga unless I do GQ. But guess what if I lose like 3 pounds Im in your divison which is my goal. How long have you been doing BJJ?

Wow, ozz, your going to Naga or Grapplers Quest?
I wish i could go, but i dont have enough money to travel.

Great to see you again ozz, check your pms.