PDA

View Full Version : Huerta getting a title shot??

skeemin
10-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Roger Huerta has proven himself in my eyes after 5 straight UFC wins, he MUST be getting close to a title shot or atleast a match against a top notch contender. I think he deserves to fight a Stevenson or Florian instead of guys like Garcia and Evans. Im getting sick of seeing him fight UFC newcomers, if he was to fight a big name I think he could handle the pressure and really step his game up. Would a win over Guida this December make Huerta a legitimate lightweight contender?? This guy obviously has lots of talent, but until we see him fight some higher calibre fighters who knows what he could potentially be.. any thoughts??

Noob
10-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Roger Huerta has proven himself in my eyes after 5 straight UFC wins, he MUST be getting close to a title shot or atleast a match against a top notch contender. I think he deserves to fight a Stevenson or Florian instead of guys like Garcia and Evans. Im getting sick of seeing him fight UFC newcomers, if he was to fight a big name I think he could handle the pressure and really step his game up. Would a win over Guida this December make Huerta a legitimate lightweight contender?? This guy obviously has lots of talent, but until we see him fight some higher calibre fighters who knows what he could potentially be.. any thoughts??

Huerta is not close to a title shot. I personally think he's a bit overrated, but either way he still has a long road ahead of him before he deserves a title shot. He needs to beat some middle-tier fighters first, then some legitimate contenders.

So in short, probably not.

JustInsane
10-14-2007, 01:30 AM
Dana White said it himself,Huerta has at least a year before a title shot.

kingrobert
10-15-2007, 05:36 AM
I really want to see how he does against Clay. If he looks really impressive then maybe have him fight Tyson Griffin. Winning either of those fights could push him right up the division. If Shrek gets suspended and doesnt fight for up to a year the only other big names are Stevenson and Bj and there fighting for the belt. Who is next after those 2?

I really hope that Diego comes down to 155.

Gmunit
10-15-2007, 05:45 PM
i hate all the Huerta hype, every guy he has fought is a UFC newb, this next fight with Guida will be the test and personally I think he's outmatched and will lose decisively, but crazier things have happened

at this point he has done nothing to deserve a title shot or even the high ranking that people are persistant on giving to him, In time he may prove me wrong (because he does have alot of potential) but right now he's just another posterboy